Ruler of the Pacific: A Japanese IAAR

Welcome to Ruler of the Pacific! As you might have guessed from the title, this is an interactive AAR. I'm also planning to make this a go a little bit quicker than most AAR's. Here's how it's going to go.

First, you will give instructions on how I go about my turns. These can be complicated or simple, but more complicated ones will help me play to your liking.

Second, what instructions I will choose will be based on my government and organization civics. Right now, I am running a direct rule dynastic government, so I will simply pick the suggestion(s) I like best.

You can change civics by voting for it. This can happen at any time. I will always be 1 vote opposed to any change, and anyone can choose to vote with me, so the majority of players will need to want to change civics in order for the change to succeed.

I will call for instructions anytime I see fit, but usually after the term of the previous chosen instruction has been completed. Bolded letters will be my calls for instruction.

Finally, feel free to roleplay. You can be any person that has influence in the government at the time.

The goal of this game is to conquer China and America as Japan. I am playing on normal speed and regent difficulty. I have not started playing yet.

Subbed.

Fair to say, I'm not that gud at Civ, (I still can't beat Noble), so I won't be doing much suggesting if I'm unsure, but I'll try just to keep it alive :D

Btw, a city in that southern suggestion looks good, so does settling where you are. Would need more map visibility for the north.

I'd settle Edo (capital) 1NE of the pig and Matsuwhatever 1SE of the tea.

The Early Edo period began with the founding of Edo and Matsuyama. Court records say that Matsuyama was not originally under the emperor’s control; It was founded by a jealous younger brother who wanted to be emperor.

I call for instructions

I'm sure someone else will provide the extensive tech knowledge (though calendar looks good for the dye), but try and get much production by mining every hill in sight once borders allow it.

Farm the rice, of course.

The forum ate my post. I traded techs for Monotheism, Compass, Horseriding, and Alphabet, suffered a peasant rebellion, got a great general in Edo, and built a library in Edo. Sorry, just kind of angry. Anyway I call for instructions.

Send explorers over china to meet up with the Europeans for tech trading.

What clanky said (also grab that hut), and use spies to try and really rile up the population of China.
Hopefully you can start preparing for war, but that's only if the right resources (copper/iron, horse) are there.

The Late Edo period began when the new Emperor, this time of both Edo and Matsuyama, decided to explore the world. He sent both criminals sentenced to die, and loyal retainers who volunteered to go on the missions to guard them.

Spies are in the works, I Call for Instructions. Remember, I can't do much without your guys' help.

Train a horsehockyton of samurais and cats (and some ships to transport them)

Top Bottom