1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Running Away

Discussion in 'Civ4 - Demo Game IV: RPG' started by Diamondeye, Aug 14, 2008.

1. Vandal Warlord

Vandal Warlord Nazgûl

OOC: I have desided that I can't go without Vandal the Burning, so I have desided to revive him. Instead of dieing from poison he fell into a coma. Sorry Sindar, you are off yet. ;)

Vandal opened his eyes abrubtly and he sat up gasping. He looked around, the world was blury but he could see he was surrounded by corpses. When the world refocused he noticed he was in his front yard. He stood up feeling woozy he waddled into his house. He entered it and then turned to see his floor was covered with red water, not blood. Vandal frowned, What Happened. He walked out of his house and walked into the clearing wandering untill he regained his senses.

2. Diamondeye

Diamondeye So Happy I Could Die

Diamondeye turned around as he heard the footsteps. He trusted his guards and they did their job well. Cedric was hanging in their arms, bursting with rage. Diamondeye looked into his eyes. "I pity you, Cedric. I pity your destiny and that of your father. I understand you have had the hardest of times, but why should this affect me? I have been more than reasonable with you..." Diamondeye unsheathed a katana from within his robes and pointed it at Cedric. "If you threaten me one more time, I will have to hit back. Please be reasonable and try to control your anger. Like your father would have done. That was what made him such a great man. I speak sincerely. Go now and hide that anger until it is needed. For it will be."
    Diamondeye lowered the sword.
    "Now, if you will excuse me, I have business with the king to attend to. Godspeed, Son of the Gallow."

3. Cyc

Cyc Looking for the door...

Cyc moves to the window of the conference room. He knows Sindar will only see daylight from the tower windows. The exterior walls can not be scaled and there is nothing long enough in his room to use as rope. Even if he tied them together. The lack of free movement should persuade him to fork over more information...

Looking out the window the King runs through all the things on his agenda. Some of which are the Coronation, which is being delayed by Diamondeye, and the official ceremony to commerate Lord Civius service to the Kingdom. Cyc still hasn't been able to get out and see Sylvia in Venice. The work out on his distant coastal properties has had to be overseen by Hito and others because Cyc has not been there.

What's this?.....

Diamondeye and Cedric in the Courtyard,...arguing. Cedric glances to the window in which Cyc stands. Ah, good. They have split up... Diamondeye appears to be talking with Sindar. No wait, Cedric is running back in anger, Diamoneye must have insulted him.. such a pity. Grown men... :rolleyes:

"Anyway," the King says, stretching out his arms,"I have lots to do with little time to do it."

4. Diamondeye

Sindar and Ymira walked between the guards heads down. Ymira looked nerveously at Sindar. "Will we be alright?" Sindars face showed no sign of the doubt that crossed him. "Yes we will. I trust Diamondeye to get us out. Although he is a bit overzealous, he is clever and has power. We will get off the hook. But it'll take some time."
    Ymira nodded. "I love you." Sindar smiled. "I love you too. We will stand through this."

---

King Cycs line of thoughts were broken by the knock on the door. One of his own guards entered: "There is a man out here, he looks like a guard. He says that The Enlightened seeks an audience with the King as soon as possible."

5. Vandal Warlord

Vandal Warlord Nazgûl

After wandering for a few hours Vandal regained total conciecness. He looked at his hands. No blade, odd, he thought to himself. As he passed through one more pair of trees he finally realized that he was before the city of Arete. Vandal cracked his neck and walked foreward. Then he saw Cedric walk out of the city, with Vandal's blade! Vandal ran up to him, and without Cedric noticing, Vandal tackled him to the ground.

"Hey." Vandal remarked and snatched up his blade. Cedric smiled and as they gt up Cedric hugged him. Vandal looked at him with disgust and supprise and pushed him away.

"You're alive!" Cedric screamed.

"Yes, so? I was asleep." Vandal shrugged.

"How did you get here it took me days to get to Arete from you home?" Cedric asked.

"I walked straight." Vandal laughed. Cedric smiled then Vandal cracked his neck and walked foreward.

"So, have you gotten information from Sindar?" Vandal asked cheerfully as they entered the city.

"No, I was in a sate of fury and depression." Cedric frowned. Then Vandal looked Foreward and saw Sindar with Ymira, along with Diamondeye and his guards. He first walked up to Sindar who was talking to his lover.

Vandal placed a hand on Sindar's shoulder, "So," He asked. "Where is my information?"

6. Diamondeye

Sindar turned around and looked into the eyes of Vandal. He felt his heart sink as he noticed the maliciousness in the mans voice. "I am on my way to imprisonment in the Kings chambers. What info I may have will be kept with me in there. You need to talk to Diamondeye or the King if you want the informations or want to speak with me."
    He looked beggingly at Vandal.
    "Please, for the sake of the gods, don't kill me or Ymira. I'm tired of this! Suddenly, because I do one little mistake, the entire empire and the house of the gallow is on my tail, and then im being chased across the continent, almost killed, then one of my hunters die, the other is King, then he isnt, then you arent dead, then you are, and now you stand before my eyes again. I am confused and desperate! Get me out of this hellhole of a world! I don't care if you have to kill off the entire city of Arete to do it. I want my freedom, now!"
    Ymira and Vandal both looked at the broken young man, then Ymira replied.
    "Thank the gods the guards are deaf." She turned to Vandal. "We will get you your information as soon as possible." They got pushed on by the guards.

7. Vandal Warlord

Vandal Warlord Nazgûl

Before Sindar leaves Vandal smiles.

"If freedom is what you wish," He began, "freedom is what you shall recive." Sindar turned to look at Vandal and sindar, but saw that they were gone.

EDIT: I just realised I reached 1,000 posts, woot!

8. Cyc

Mid-stretch there was a knock on the door. Cyc rolls his eyes. "Figures." he says under his breath.

"Come in." The door to the conference room opens and one of the guards leans in, saying, "There is a man out here, he looks like a guard. He says that The Enlightened seeks an audience with the King as soon as possible."

"Thank you. Tell the guard I'll see him now. Bring "The Enlightened One" to me." The guard left and closed the door. The King smiled. Diamondeye went by "The Enlightened One" now. What will they think of next...

9. Diamondeye

Diamondeye entered the Kings chambers, his guards stayed outside of respect. And besides, they werent deaf.

"King Cyc, I believe we have matters to discuss... Most of all concerning my brother. I understand he has promised you some kind of information in return for his freedom. But first of all, would you outline to me what he has done wrong?"

10. Cyc

"Diamondeye, your brother has turned into a little rebel. He was part of the Venice Rebellion, running with the likes of our dear deceased Vandal the Burning. Although he tried to escape the battle with his woman, when he encountered own of my troops, he refused to cooperate and wounded, nay nearly crippled him without cause," Here Cyc paused for effect.
    "He then fled North on a stolen horse making us chase after him. He was taken prisoner by some bandits, but our men rescued him and his woman, saving their lives. But at the first opportunity, he fled captivity. Now he's come back and I am holding him for as long as I see fit."

Diamondeye had that deadpan look on his face as usual. He wasn't interested in what his brother had done wrong. He just wanted to know what kind of power play he had to work to end this problem. But the King continued, "So right there you have treason against the Monarchy, assaulting one of the King's Elite troops, Horse thief, and escaped prisoner. And I might consider locking you up for killing that man in my Courtyard. How can you call yourself a religious leader when you kill your own devoted people on a whim?"

11. Diamondeye

"I am not killing anyone. One of my men showed his devotion to the gods. May they take good care of him. I realize that what my brother have done may not be forgiven easily, but I intend to try. What information is it you seek to let him go? I may be able to help you. Remember, it has to count in his favor that he returned to face justice. I heard you needed info on the Cult of the Fire Vulture, but I may be of assistance otherwise as well."

12. Cyc

"Yes, let's start with the Cult of the Fire Vulture. Who are they and what do they represent? Where are they based? Who is their leader and how strong are they? I want to know everything you know about this mysterious prophet."

13. Diamondeye

The Cult has two head base of operations, one located somewhere here, in Arete, and the other hidden in Babylon. I believe they are also establishing some sort of foothold in New Giruvegan. I am doing what I can to prevent the devoted citizens not to be charmed by them, but they are slowly growing in numbers. I have no idea where the hideouts in New Giruvegan nor Babylon are, but I have some suspicions about the capitol. I deem it best if you purge them. Despite their overzealous wrongdoing, my interference may be considered inappropriate by the loyal and orthodox Hinduists. We can discuss that later."
    Diamondeye breathed a couple of times before continuing.
    "The Prophet is most certainly residing in Babylon. He is a mysterious figure who says he origins from the ancient city of Giruvegan. His skills in the arts of rethorics and organization are impressive. I have not yet been able to identify him, but from my informers I know that it is indeed a male character and that he is not old. Perhaps younger than me.

On the assessment of the Cult, I would say that they represent the overzealous hinduist movements who cannot cope with the thought of other religions than their own. Their leader is this mysterious prophet figure... And their strength? Well, I guess they have a core of about fifty, perhaps hundred, devoted operatives. Their arming is random, mostly ranging melee weapons or medieval bows. Perhaps a few gunpowder weapons stolen from guard stores. I guess that if they mobilized completely in one city, they would still easily be defeated by the local guards. Which is why they act in the dark of night, I guess.

Also, they seem only to target Taoists. Since none of these are among the higher ranks of the populace, mayors or the like, their danger to the Monarchy is very limited. They threaten mostly the order of small local societies. I believe that is what I know about the Cult, and as far as I know, it is more than Sindar would ever know."

14. Cyc

Cyc stood and rubbed his chin. He looked Diamondeye square in the eyes, "Yes, I agree. Far more than Sindar would have known. I'm glad you stepped in to take over for Sindar. Well done on the information sharing. But..." Cyc pointed his index finger into the air above him. "...there are a few more things I will require from you, now that you're here. First, I've heard from my Advisors that you have pulled your workers from the fields and mines as a protest against my decision not to let you sell the Monarchy's gold reserves."

Diamondeye shifted in his chair and cleared his throat before nodding. "Yes, that true. But Sindar was not involved in that decision. Why has this come up?"

The King extended his open hand towards Diamondeye, "Because you are the Governor of New Giruvegan, sir. The people who live there are under your care. The well being of your city depends largely on your actions. In return, New Giruvegan is a city in my Kingdom. Therefore it is my responsibility to ensure the city you care for is done so properly. Abandoning the fields and mines is not how one does this. I will require written correspondance to the Ministry of the High Steward immeadiately stating that you have reversed your orders so that these citizens can return to work."

15. Provolution

Provolution Sage of Quatronia

Provoshogun came into the room, heavily donned in Samurai Infantry Armor, with a Provozuki Rifle hanging over his shining bracelet. Caught between two eras, he was moving on into unknown territory, yet clinging onto the dark past. A pistol was hanging in a wire outside his mail coat, ominously hanging there with its ivory shaft, ridden with marks from dead Babylonians, tagged as they were gutted.

I will be blunt. We have been invaded. The Kings gold is not the Kings gold. The Protectors gold is not the Protectors gold. We need the draftees to fend off the Mayans, and these men want to be paid in gold. There will be no jewelry for the nobility either, if anyone got that in mind. I say we should guard the King in his palace of Arete against the external threat of maritime landings, as well as guarding the Paragon Pontifex of NG from Mayan spies in his temple. We are now ushering into an era of Nationalism, and we need to stand united, and protect key figures of our nation!

Provoshogun XIII gave the signal, and his guard put the King and the Paragon Pontifex under guard, against external Mayan threats.

Honored King, revered Paragon, come along, we have much to do, and you must remain secure.

16. thecommonnate

thecommonnate Theocrat

The distraught audience was furthermore attacked by outsiders when one of Cycs general guards entered the room bearing a note. He was met with uneasy stares from everyone present. The man knew he had no position in the room, so he spoke quickly.

"I have a message from the High Steward Nate IV in Seville County, Your Highness," He said.

Cyc nodded Provoshogun XIII's elite guard aside and accepted the letter, to which the man hastily exited the room. The letter, clearly marked by an unmistakable family crest in blue ink, was raised and opened by the King.

"To His Highness, King Cyc,

Sir, while prospecting my familys' Gem Mines in Seville County, I heard word of an Armada of the coast of the Cordobian Peninsula. I do not wish to insult you intelligence, Your highness, as I am sure you are aware of this, so I will point out that this letter is direction of my titles as High Steward, Unaligned Representative of the Estates General Assembly, and Governor of Venice.

Please put my first born son, Kiron, down as the bearer of these titles, as well as owner of all of my current land, real-estate, and business holdings. he can be found at my family's home in West Venice.

As for me, Your Highness; I have formed a small group of townsfolk in the neighboring villages into a Resistance Team that will attempt to loosen the Armada's control on any coast they may land on. I am well equipped, your highness, with the most accurate Royal Arms Rifle, as well as the people of New Arkadia.

I do however, wish to make a request.

I request the blood of the man that saved my family's city, Provoshogun XIII, be commander of any professional force sent to aid New Arkadia against the Mayans.

Your Loyal Servent,
    High Steward Nate IV
    "

King Cyc put down the letter.

17. Diamondeye

Diamondeye looked around, confused.

"It seems we will have to discuss the matter later, My King."
    With these words he turns to the High Marshal.
    "Provoshogun, I have my own personal guard and will make it to New Giruvegan just fine. I suggest you stay here and protect the King, or leave for the front immidiately. If I understand you right, we are now at war with both the Babylonians and the Mayans - this leaves no room for internal feuds. I will speak with You again later, highness," he adresses the King before leaving the room, hastily surrounded by his guards, headed straight for the city gates.

18. Cyc

"That's fine, Diamondeye, run. Your brother will probably be hung by the neck before you find time to return." The King was furious. He turned to Provolution.

"Provolution, what the hell are we doing at war? Not just at war with the Babs, which you had no authorization to declare, but war with the Mayans! You didn't see them off our coast. What kind of Military Leader are you? You're lucky I don't have you busted to a private. Now get your troops out of my Castle! The King's guard are well armed and well trained. We do not need your ground troops in here mucking things up."

The King throws his hands up into the air and let's out an exssaperated yell. "This is not a Monarchy! This is Anarchy! Leave me, now!"

19. Provolution

Provolution Sage of Quatronia

Provoshogun XIII, and his men, dismayed by the negative response of his dear King, was somehow surprised, but also saddened, as he had witnessed the long periods of which the King and his family has locked the outside world away for some secret doings inside Arete Castle. No one really knew what was going on in there.

King Cyc, I hereby tender my resignation and we are all heading back to Edorai, where we will hold counsel on what to do next. Indeed, it is anarchy, and these two concurrent wars would have happened anyways. We planned to attack Babylon right after their construction of Versailles, and we did exactly that, with minimal losses. I, however, find the lack of faith onto your loyal conservative followers disconcerting, and has decided to go back to Edorai and hold counsel with the various branches of the Provoshogun family, Provozuki family, the old Provochon family, the Provolutti family and finally the Provonotte and Provoluzione families.

20. Diamondeye

Diamondeye stops in the door on the way out.
    "If that is your intentions, King Cyc, I hereby declare the independance of the Protectors of Faith. I can have no business with a man as selfish and bureaucratic as this. I will return to New Giruvegan immidiately. If my brother is hang every Aretan will be shot in the gates.

And to solve your problem of the lack of Monarchy, I hereby declare my unfaltering support to Provoshogun XIII and his forces. I believe what we need now is someone with the knowhow and elbowgrease to lead us to war. And you are not that person, King Cyc!"

Bursting with rage, Diamondeye storms away, followed by an almost as angry personal guard. Nobody dares to go in their way.