1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Running Away

Discussion in 'Civ4 - Demo Game IV: RPG' started by Diamondeye, Aug 14, 2008.

1. Vandal Warlord

Vandal Warlord Nazgûl

Vandal was outside of the palace as everyone left, save King Cyc. He walked into the Palace to find Cyc at his desk with his face buried in his hands. Vandal smiled and sat down in the cair before the desk. After a few moments of silence looked up at Vandal.

"The world is falling apart." Vandal said very quitely. He then got up and stood behind his chair looking at some of the Kings books. "We need a solid government, one not ruled by a single individual. One where a we have several leaders." Vandal then unsheathed a blade from one of his many sheathes and placed it before the King.

"The Blade off the Gallow was crafted from multiple layers of iron and bronze shaved down into one sleek blade with a curved end. It took twelve Gallow smiths to make blade, working as one to create one blade," Vandal was now skimming threw the History of Madrid, written by Cedric, Grand historian of Spain," Why can't government work the same as making a blade?" Vandal put the book back and then grabbed his blade and walked through the doorway. Then he stopped in the middle saying," Think about it, Cyc." And Vandal walked out of the palace to find Cedric with all of Vandal's Aretean opratives.

"Come with me, and Cedric send a message to everyone of our operatives in the entire nation, tell them to return to HQ, I have a message." Vandal and his operative then left the city, he was going to set off the big one.

2. Cyc

Cyc Looking for the door...

(ooc) Sorry. Didn't happen that way. {reference to the game Prince of Persia II}

As a matter of standard operating procedure, Top Sargent for the Palace brought in enough troops to match and/or defeat any and all troops who entered the Palace. These troops filled the Hallways, the stairs, the entrance, and flowed out into the town square leading to the gate. The minute Provolution resigned, the King instructed his men to disarm any person not in the King's guard of gunpowder weapons. All soldiers knew of Provolutions resignation in a matter of minutes. No one was allowed to leave. The disarmorment began outside of the entrance way. One by one, Provo's men and Diamondeye's men were stripped of the gunpowder weapons before being allowed to leave the Castle. They were able to keep the long bows and crossbows and swords as a matter of protection on their way home. But the rifles would only be issued to loyal soldiers from here on in. Provo and Diamondeye were not happy at all, but they had rifles pointed at their heads. The King ordered messagers out immeadiately to inform all field commanders of Provo's resignation. That he was returning home with Diamondeye to plot against the King. As most field commanders were not happy fighting two wars, the first of which was declared by Provolution, no less, they remained loyal to the King and awaited new orders from him alone. Provolution and Diamondeye were now shunned by most of the military, even the small amount who claimed to be religious. Nation-wide, troops dug in and awaited the King's word.

3. Diamondeye

Diamondeye So Happy I Could Die

OOC: Extremely bold, Cyc, declaring that most of the nation is with you. I would go as far as to say that you are going too far. It's not well-seen from here, acting like you own Aretania. This is a Democracy game, not a dictaturate, yet.

4. Vandal Warlord

Vandal Warlord Nazgûl

Hopefully never. :p

5. Cyc

See, Diamondeye, that's where you have it wrong. I am the King. This PF is a Monarchy. A Monarchy that chose to listen to it's citizens. The King rules the nation. That was not looked at in those days as a dictatorship. The King and his family were royalty. This had deep roots with the citizens. The citizens loved the royalty up to a point.

This Monarcy takes good care of it's citizens, always (except when our computers go down). All of the King's guard were chosen because of their loyalty to the King. Not to you. My men bow to you as a matter of protocol. It's their job to show you respect by my order. The common citizens wish they could be part of the King's guard, so they might serve in that capacity. In their eyes, you have abandoned the King, and have started plotting against them. You are now the proverbial babe in the woods, who must regroup and plan your plans. All of your guard has now lost all of their rifles. The King's guard has sent re-inforcements to your city. Most of the food the King supplies to your city now goes to them. Your people are becoming hungry and unhappy. Soon you will command scared skinny people with your God-like manner. But I guess that's ok with you. They are all prepared to die at your whim, right. You don't care who dies, as long as you can walk with the word of your God tucked away in your coat.

6. Provolution

Provolution Sage of Quatronia

OOC - One cannot simply write someone out of the action, that is the future votes to decide :) (Nothing personal but this game needs an election :) )

However, Provolution had only given King Cyc blanks, useless arms, and they had more than enough arms and munitions in Edorai, their sworn stronghold, and the shipments of iron and other equipment needed to run and maintain a war, was being held firmly by the opposition to the more and more despotic King cyc. His men being well fed by horseflesh and pork.

That family of inbreds have gone too far, the nobility claimed. We are not nobles anymore, but we are officers. Thankfully, we operate all of the iron mines, which are now put heavily under guard. King Cyc may have thought the military to be loyal, but it was not that simple. King Cycs hold on his men had abated long ago, due to his long hunting trips, insanity in the family, and other reasons that the nation has been plunged into chaos. King Cyc had been a benevolent ruler, but everyone remembered how his line had usurped the original Playa El Civ Dynasty. In fact, the line of Cyc was questioned, the nation could now choose a new direction, and all pieces was now on the table, assumed power or not.

It seems like the nation is split like this:

Venice - The First Republic
    Edorai - The Military Aretanian Directorate
    Arete - Cycles of Arete
    Kassite - City States of Venice

7. Vandal Warlord

Vandal Warlord Nazgûl

More Like:

Kassite-Venitian Republic (oddly)

( The Christian Cities may also be with Kassite )

Edorai, Warfire, Blastoid,- MAD

Arkadia and New Giv.- Neutral

Arete, other cities- Cycles

8. Provolution

Vandal

You forgot the TCN faction "First Republic..." based out of Venice.

It would be easier if you named it "Kassite Republic", for all of us :)

Also, New Giruvegan, and likely the Babylonian provinces are all heavily under religious doctrine and military dominance, unfree countries.

So I would see it this way:

COA: Arete, Arkadia,
    MAD: Edorai, Blastoid, Warfire, Babylon, New Giruvegan
    ROV: Kassite, Cordoba, Seville,
    FRA: Venice, Vandal Valley, Seidrik

The rest of the cities are to be decided. I would say we split the cities evenly among active (proven active) players.

The rest is to be figured out, I would say

9. Vandal Warlord

Vandal Warlord Nazgûl

Actually the base of the Republic of Venice is in Venice, but Kassite was a city governed by me.

And tcn said he wanted no part in civil war, which is why he was not included.

10. Provolution

Well, I plan to set up a 1685 Civil War Scenario, based on this save for later, anyone interested (I suggest we play this main one out as a normal demogame).

11. Vandal Warlord

Vandal Warlord Nazgûl

I'm up for the save too, but it would be cool to see something like this played if only for a short period.

12. Cyc

This is too weird.

King Cyc and his Elite Guard Move about 1 million Y onto the Fast Frigate in port. After taking what they need, they sail off in the ded of night for new lands. Must have been the insanity in the family thing. But they are happy now in a far away land, living on the beach and drinking margauritas.

I've left this thread, in other words.

13. Vandal Warlord

Vandal Warlord Nazgûl

Ok, I would like to say that everything past my last RP is invalid as you three (Diamondeye, Cyc, and Provo) went insane.

14. Provolution

Seems like we are all "running away"...

15. Diamondeye

Haha. Nice point Provolution. I would like to see how the save turned out as well.

Oh and Cyc, my point was that it looks as if this is the coup de grace to the monarchy, so perhaps the people had lost some of their trust in the king.

Very well, since Cyc has left I assume the people has gotten the final proof of the royal family lines insanity. We need a new government, able to handle the war ahead. But we need to unlock the civic first - what do we do?

16. Provolution

We call it a national unified front, and call in Lord Civius as the strong man on the white horse, the De Gaulle of Aretania brought in from exile!!!

17. Diamondeye

I concur, Lord Civius is the most qualified neutral player we have. I believe he should play until we have unlocked Representation and Police State.

18. Diamondeye

Sindar and Ymira sat in the tower. Sindar sat looking out the small, barred window, trying to see the bat that had left them just a few seconds ago, but it was gone. He opened the letter from his brother.

"Dear Brother. It is with much sadness I must admit that I could not convince the king to let you go. He has sworn that you shall both be hung at sunrise. I did my very best and I present you with this alternative to the humiliating death that an official hanging would be. I hope the gods take good care of you in the next life and that the world on the other side will fit your "skewed" existance better. Wait for me there, for I think my time is running out as well."

Sindar handed Ymira the letter and looked at the two small objects that had been wrapped in the paper. He recognized it as two small, poisoned needles.

He looked at Ymira and waited until she had read it. He handed her one of the needles and looked into her eyes. They were both crying , tears running down their cheeks. Ymira nodded at him. They pushed their needles into their necks, along the main bloodvein, and spilled a small ray of blood from the wounds. They embraced each other and sat down in the farthest corner of the room.

Sindar felt a stinging feeling behind his eyes as the poison started to work. He held Ymira tighter and whispered inarticulate expressions of his love into her ear. She shivered and whispered: "I... Feel so... Cold."
    Sindar whispered, struggling to hold his eyes open. "I am here with you. You are not going to freeze. I love you." She smiled at him. "I love you too."

Then, they died.

19. Lord Civius

Lord Civius Emperor

Hadn't read this thread in a while. I wish you guys would have laid the case for civil war out with some of the details. So sad was the tragedy of Sindar and Ymira.

20. civplayah

civplayah phantasm

Really great ending, Diamondeye. :goodjob: