Runtime Error when loading a saved modded game

pizzapicante27

Chieftain
In addition with the "game keeps re-downloading my mods" problem, now everytime I try to load a modded saved game a message saying:

Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime Library
Civilization_DX11.exe
This application has requested the Runtime to terminate in an unusual way.

Of course Ive already checked the integrity of the Chache, reintalled all mods (by erasing them and also by waiting for them to re-download), by loading the save directly from menu, and form the mod menu ticking the corresponding mods, this also happens with the DX9 version and its the second save with which this happens, thanks Fail Patch, and help?

It's pretty tough to say why a given mod doesn't seem to work correctly. I've seen similar errors in the past for a number of reasons. One time, the reason was "spy names" weren't included in the author's "new leader/civ" mod.

Mods aren't supported by the devs for a number of reasons. Of course this doesn't mean "no one" knows the answer to your question. If you can narrow the problem source to a specific mod you should attempt to communicate with the mod author and see if that person has had problems with it since the patch. Often patches can create fatal flaws in mod code that are very simple to remedy, but it must be investigated and amended.

If you cannot communicate with the author, I recommend at least for the time being you consider this mod obsolete. You should unsubscribe and consult this guide to make sure it's not causing any other kind of bizarre bugs.

http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=440525

No, no, you got it wrong, Im trying to load a game that I was already able to load BEFORE the patch but now Im unable to load it.

I was giving you credit that you weren't doing that....

Patches invariably corrupt old saved games.

I just tried a brand new game and I had the same result, I can play no problem for a few turns, I save I quit and the same thing happens with a brand new game, and I dont think its the mods fault unless R.E.D Modpack has suddenly become incompatible with civ.

Try playing without a mod. If it doesn't happen, it's the mod. Make sure you close the application entirely first, though.

The only way I can load modded save games is by starting a new game with the same mods and loading the game from within the new game. This avoids the runtime error.

I don't know if it would work with pre-patch games though.

Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime Library
Civilization_DX11.exe
This application has requested the Runtime to terminate in an unusual way.

Got that same runtime error in my GMR MP game (G&K Hugh Game), last night.

I have those streaky line, from resources, issues but before today was able to play the turn. It's at turn 22.

Maybe coincidence but there was a Steam update yesterday.

Yet in my other GMR MP game, (also with streaks) Smotes game, turn 11, 'I was able to play my turn.

Confused. Maybe its to do with turn or size.

Top Bottom