[MOD] Runtime Error

JoeHoth

Chieftain
When I try to load Caveman2Cosmos (either from CIV BTS or using the batch file), it gives me a runtime error:

-------------------------------------------------------------
Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime Library

This application has requested the Runtime to terminate it in an unusual way.
-------------------------------------------------------------

I haven't even loaded any save, so I don't see how a mod incompatibility could be an issue (even then, the mod creators obviously tested for incompatible mods). I have the following Visual C++ versions installed: 2008, 2010, 2012, 2013, 2015. Civ 4 runs perfectly fine on it's own.

My specs:

i5-8265u
8GB RAM
Intel UHD 620 graphics

EDIT: I tried V41.2 and V41 and both don't work, even on a separate PC.

Last edited:
@JoeHoth
Make sure mod isn't in My Documents
Folder must be exactly Caveman2Cosmos
Mod must be in Mods folder, that is in same folder as BTS exe, not vanilla or Warlords exe.

I am getting this same error.

upload_2021-6-26_15-37-41.png

Install path: C:\My Programs\Games\ Civilization4\Beyond the Sword\Mods\Caveman2Cosmos\

This is a fresh install of Civ4 Complete from a CD and a relatively fresh install of Windows (fully updated). Beyond the Sword runs fine but I get the above when loading the mod.

I have Visual C++ versions 2008 and 2015 (both x86 and x64) installed. Is there perhaps another version required by the mod?

I am getting this same error.

View attachment 600829

Install path: C:\My Programs\Games\ Civilization4\Beyond the Sword\Mods\Caveman2Cosmos\

This is a fresh install of Civ4 Complete from a CD and a relatively fresh install of Windows (fully updated). Beyond the Sword runs fine but I get the above when loading the mod.

I have Visual C++ versions 2008 and 2015 (both x86 and x64) installed. Is there perhaps another version required by the mod?
Did you install 3.19 BTS patch?

Top Bottom