SANCTA private PBEM or PTBS

If you guys don't mind (since I'm still a beginner) I was wandering if we could play at a lower difficulty.
I don't believe the difficulty level makes much difference in MP games....a little with health and happy caps maybe...but all sides would be playing with the same handicaps.

From Noble upwards only difference is costs of everything increase and the nice things from huts become less likely (and barbs are harder to beat as well)

@Remake; Play some soon as you get it. Read the forums...pay attention to the decisions that are made here and you will have a solid foundation to work from. It's awesome that you could find it so cheap!

Sorry I'm being a snob, but there is no Civ4 complete. BTS covers everything. It includes evey expansion and every feature except the Mods from Warlords. I'm also in favor of playing at a lower difficulty. Chiefton or Noble (And possibly Prince) are fine with me.

BtS on a "small" map and a low difficulty level it is then! :thumbsup:

Do we have a host for this?
I'd be willing to try for a small team-only game like this... but I'm likely to have server connectivity issues, so if there's someone else willing to do that, I think it'd be better.

What if we played as teams. Like half of us are on one team and the other half is on another team. Any ideas on a script or type of map. I can make a map if you want me to. And by smaal do you mean the actual size small or just a smaller map.

Actually I'll be having a secondary computer running 24/7 for quite a while anyway (doing calculations to test my various mathematical pet theories :mischief:), so if there's interest I can try to install BtSPitboss on it tomorrow.

It has a 2Ghz processor but only about 256mb RAM. :ack: I've written the mathematical program it is running to not use more than a few kbs of RAM, so disregard that when answering my question: is there any chance that a PC this poor will be able to decently host a pitboss game?

I've heard that should be fine...because all it really does is "hold" data. The graphics for the actual turns are played on the individual machines.

You could always plug in an extra memory chip for about $20 if the is a slot.

I don't know for sure, but I think Ronnie is correct. The actual host machine doesn't have to be super powerful.

I'd vote to at least try and see!

If your still taking players i'd like to join

we're waiting for Remake to get his copy of BtS in the mail :)

That's right. :) Unless you want to start another game that I'm not in. Cause we have two or three games. To play a PBEM save is Civ 4 do you do the same things as in civ 3?

That's fine.

[...] so if there's interest I can try to install BtSPitboss on it tomorrow.
I've now managed to set up a server, but I can't even connect to it locally and I also discovered that my external IP changes a bit too often, so I'm probably out as pitboss host.

I've now managed to set up a server, but I can't even connect to it locally and I also discovered that my external IP changes a bit too often, so I'm probably out as pitboss host.

You can use hamatchi, that way your IP isn't an issue

Top Bottom