1. We have added the ability to collapse/expand forum categories and widgets on forum home.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Photobucket has changed its policy concerning hotlinking images and now requires an account with a $399.00 annual fee to allow hotlink. More information is available at: this link.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. All Civ avatars are brought back and available for selection in the Avatar Gallery! There are 945 avatars total.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. To make the site more secure, we have installed SSL certificates and enabled HTTPS for both the main site and forums.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Civ6 is released! Order now! (Amazon US | Amazon UK | Amazon CA | Amazon DE | Amazon FR)
    Dismiss Notice
  6. Dismiss Notice
  7. Forum account upgrades are available for ad-free browsing.
    Dismiss Notice

Sasanian Iran

Discussion in 'Civ6 - Unreleased Mods' started by Sailor Cat, Aug 8, 2017.

1. RFormica

RFormica Grand Oligarch of the Hills

2. RFormica

By the way, I would add a 2 start bias for literally every. single. terrain that isn't snow or tundra, or their variants; i.e. Plains Hills, Plains Mountains, Grass Hills, Grass Mountains, etc.
    Also, I would add a 3 or 4 bias for features and resources that can't be in tundra or snow, like Rainforest or Floodplains.

3. Sailor Cat

Sailor Cat Chieftain

Hey, thanks for both suggestions. Going to take your advice! Any update on Augustus by the way?

4. RFormica

I did (finally) get civ to work, and I think I did the icons properly - I haven't tested it.

5. Sailor Cat

Sailor Cat Chieftain

Let me know if you need some testing. Can even post in your testing thread as I get e-mails about it.

6. Sailor Cat

Sailor Cat Chieftain

Discovering that I cannot enable farms on desert tiles for a single player has thrown a spanner into my plan for Qanats. Alas. As of now, I'm testing with repurposing the Qanat as something that isn't quite a farm. Also considering attempting to have it give a city fresh water since . . . that's what it does. Adjacency values have only been tested a bit, so nothing is set in stone.

7. Sailor Cat

Sailor Cat Chieftain

I like this better:

*Tuned Oasis to +1 Food and +1 Gold.
    *Changed Production from Encampment to Culture.

Going to test this and see how I feel before making adjustments, which may include resources. I don't want to do too much with districts for this one.

Last edited: Aug 15, 2017
  8. RFormica

Do they replace anything or are they unique?
    Are they a unique 3D model? If not, what do they use?
    I (Hopefully, I'm not sure if I can) could make a custom unit model (like @Deliverator 's Moar Units mod) and a custom 3D model for the Qanat. (However, you're going to have to configure it yourself!)
    And also, do you want a custom unit icon, or not?

9. Sailor Cat

Sailor Cat Chieftain

Ah, they're unique. While your offer is much appreciated(!), I have folks working on that too. Pretty much me tinkering with ****/getting a few things working while I wait on them to get the art to me lol. But hey, I am grateful for the offer. That's generous, bud. Thank you. :)

And I just visited your thread to see Shapur II was up for voting. Man, I'm glad it didn't get chosen! This would be awkward af.

10. RFormica

Yeah... me too.
    Again, if you need help with anything, tell me.

11. Sailor Cat

Sailor Cat Chieftain

Will do! With the way things have been going I'm sure many more issues will pop up between now and release. Once it's out, am thinking either Bahram V, Yazdgerd II, or Borandukht next.

12. RFormica

Sounds good! By the way, who's doing your art? (I could really use someone to do mine -- if I get it working. I can make it, but it just takes so long.

Have you figured out the Leader Art yet, and if so, is your mod in XML? (Last resort time for me!)

And you have the Production icon instead of culture.

Nice work!

13. Sailor Cat

Sailor Cat Chieftain

Have my wife working on the unique stuff. As far as the leader . . . not sure I'm supposed to say. I'll ask when it's completed though.

While I haven't figured out leader art (haven't put much effort into it honestly), you may want to try Keniisu's latest video:

Yeah, I fixed that icon lol. As of now, I'm not even sure I want to keep Qanats, because I feel as if they're butting heads with Hunting Parks in delegating city placement.

Now trying to figure out how to get wonders adjacency to only work after the wonder has been completed.

Edit: Know exactly what I'm replacing Qanats with, and already have it done. :D

Last edited: Aug 16, 2017
  14. RFormica

What? What? :p

15. Sailor Cat

Sailor Cat Chieftain

Frahangestan unique district that replaces Theatre Square. I admit it's not as interesting as an improvement, but it does well to represent the culture of learning in Sasanian Iran that would be the underpinning for the Islamic states that followed. Was also considering something representative of Sasanian trade as important and widespread as it was, but this seems better.

16. RFormica

Do you have any ideas for a UU/UI just for Shapur? I was thinking Nakhal Fort.

Oh, and thanks for the tutorial! I hadn't seen that.

(Sorry for the lateish response, I got Civ to work on my computer and I've been busy conquering Brazil.)

17. Sailor Cat

Sailor Cat Chieftain

Hey, congratulations on getting it to work! That must've been frustrating as all hell trying to mod without it. Already frustrating enough as is!

As for UU/UI, I wasn't planning on it. Don't want him to be overpowered with too many uniques, that's for sure. But I suppose there's plenty out there to work with as far as giving each Sasanian leader a unique unit. Could go with Dailamites, Sasanian foot archers, paighan, Medes, Armenian cavalry, all the different light cavalries, Lakhmids, camel archers . . . Hmm. Something to consider. Not like I have the art atm anyway.

18. Sailor Cat

Sailor Cat Chieftain

Also Nakhal Fort is a great suggestion. And could use the Vikings improvement model since it's not all that common to begin with. Hmm.

19. RFormica

I had to reinstall steam in a different directory... ugh.

I could make icons/units.artdef stuff if you want, but be warned: I'm not sure if the units.artdef will 100% work, so be prepared for wonky units!

And also, most Vanilla leaders have a UU/UI, so it won't be too OP.
    Don't let it turn into this, though.

20. Sailor Cat

Sailor Cat Chieftain

Haha, yeah. I've seen that. It's something else.

Sitting here at the moment. Kidarite has 5 combat strength and 25 ranged.

Edit: Royal Hunt ability actually gives Flanking.