Save the Mongols

Subscribing.

Great work.

Not bad for a 6 year old game. :D

i hope this isn't dead, it's the funniest civ story ever

Thank you guys! And no, this story is not dead and it will never die, i'm committed to finish it. But time at my avail is little, so you just have to be patient :)

----

It's 1010 AD and it's time to assess the pesky Egyptians. War is declared...

...and the first naval invasion of the Nerd's history officially begins. Two stacks of attackers are landed outside the cities of Giza and Hieracompolis. That area is of crucial importance, not only for spices but also for the presence of harbors in both cities. Chances are that at least one of those harbors will survive the conquest:

Before the land attack, naval units once again have a chance to show off. The Pedalstart destroys a nearby Egyptian frigate and attains elite status, while, on the outskirts of the Homeland, artillery units bomb to redline another frigate that made the mistake of loafing too close to our coastline, and the Shaka's Doom delivers the fatal blow, getting elite promotion as well.

Once again, the aura of invincibility of our navy is maintained :D

The land attack are both successful and both harbors are kept. Spices are available immediately to the whole empire.

On a side note, the Advisor's aide continues to manifest, well, curious traits of her personality: :crazyeye:

After the capture, cavalry units have to fend off a nice amount of skirmishers, and during one of those battles a leader comes out. Since both the Advisor and his aide are busy, and the monkey is on strike because it didn't get bananas, a brand new help is enlisted, and this time it's none less that the #1 internet celebrity :D

As the turn ends, it's time to renew our trade for ivory. Being it a monopoly of Babylon, it doesn't come cheap. But this extortion won't last forever.

In the same interturn, Greece signs a MPP with Egypt. Apparently, foolish Alex hasn't had enough. No problem, he'll be our next target and, in the meantime, we'll enjoy some extra war happiness:

Much more is going to happen during the course of this war, and not everything will be good news. But it's all matter for the next installment. Until then, thanks for following :goodjob:

~~~~~ to be continued ~~~~~

Attachments

• stm253.jpg
    stm253.jpg
    101.2 KB · Views: 1,105
  • stm254.jpg
    stm254.jpg
    81.6 KB · Views: 1,107
  • stm255.jpg
    stm255.jpg
    124.3 KB · Views: 1,076
  • stm256.jpg
    stm256.jpg
    104.8 KB · Views: 1,057
  • stm257.jpg
    stm257.jpg
    94.6 KB · Views: 1,071
  • stm258.jpg
    stm258.jpg
    112.4 KB · Views: 1,095
  • stm259.jpg
    stm259.jpg
    91.2 KB · Views: 1,074
no WH from MPP-triggered wars, i fear, my friend ;)
t_x

Sorry for the long delay, but i hope to be forgiven with these new comics :D

I don't have a clear memory of the facts because i played these turns months ago, but the illustrations should be at least decently descriptive.

Here i'm advancing into Egypt. Boats from both Giza and the mainlands have unloaded a big fat stack outside Heliopolis, in a spot that blocks several enemy riflemen from possibly retreating into the city, making the capture way easier than it could be in the worst case scenario.

Heliopolis is captured and our latest staffer, the Grumpy Cat, rallies our troops... although in its own way.

From Heliopolis, we move to their capital, Thebes. Here's a tribute to our navy, with its immacolate record of victories since its creation. Some fools still think they can make fun of their "creative" names, but they'll stop laughing very soon.

Thebes is captured and our army goes forward in what is, by all means, a blitzkrieg war. It has to be that way, because Egypt has big cities with lots of culture, and the chance of a flip somewhere is far from small.

On a side note, the love story between our Military Advisor and his beautiful aide takes an unexpected, dramatic twist.

Anyway, the war goes on. Next turn we're at the gates of another Egyptian city:

In the interturn, Shaka Sucks is autoabandoned with a settler, in order to make more room for the main cities around the Forbidden Palace. But the other message comes as a nasty surprise:

Babylon has built Evolution! I was half-way to that, and i didn't think they could be so fast, so i decided to save the spare leader for later use and tried to build it from scratch. Well, bad choice.

But i'll deal with Babylon in due time. Meanwhile, there's a more pressing target: Egypt. It's Biblos' turn to bite the dust, and after its capture only two cities are still loyal to Cleopatra:

That's all for now. I'll produce more comics, but i can't give a deadline for now. Until then, thanks for following :goodjob:

Attachments

• stm260.jpg
    stm260.jpg
    109.3 KB · Views: 839
  • stm261.jpg
    stm261.jpg
    91.4 KB · Views: 844
  • stm262.jpg
    stm262.jpg
    91.8 KB · Views: 867
  • stm263.jpg
    stm263.jpg
    103.1 KB · Views: 836
  • stm264.jpg
    stm264.jpg
    129.1 KB · Views: 804
  • stm265.jpg
    stm265.jpg
    125.3 KB · Views: 836
  • stm266.jpg
    stm266.jpg
    76.2 KB · Views: 837
  • stm267.jpg
    stm267.jpg
    122.3 KB · Views: 924
an update :faint:

Hooray! A nice, large update! :) I'm glad to see that the great Nerd navy is maintaining its invincibility (as well as having the scariest names in all CivIII!) Go Nerds! :goodjob:

Wow, I forgot all about this! Good update as usual, Tricky. Could you possibly post a world map?

Thank you all!

This is the last world map i posted:

The red is all Nerds. Of course the internal subdivisions are meaningless in game terms. Currently i'm in the process of taking over Egypt. I will post an updated map, and the new demographics, once the Egyptian campaign is over.

Another long hiatus, but time is little. Thank you all for your patience.

----

It's 1090 AD and the Egyptian campaign is about to end, with only 2 cities remaining loyal to Cleopatra. But how about the Mongols? Are we still saving them? The answer, of course, is yes. They're still flourishing and also expanding: small communities have appeared in Lazy City, Isapedi (the merger of Isandlwana and Bapedi) and Zimbabwe:

On the Egyptian front, our forces are about to capture Pi-Ramesses:

But the war is also fought with diplomatic means: the Greeks have declared war on us and, given the current situation, it's a good move to involve Carthage. The alliance is a burden to our already strained budget, but there's too much to gain: the 8th luxury, an ally that, otherwise, could have turned against us and, most importantly, our forces will be able to use the Carthaginian rail system and move directly into the Greek heartland.

On the other hand, Hannibal is feasting on our gold and our luxuries, with obvious benefits for its country, but it's only a matter of time before he will face the might of the Nerd Empire and be forced into retirement:

In the interturn, the Floating Coffin which, along with the Rattletrap, had brought reinforcements from Faraway Island, is attacked by a frigate and once again wins the battle! But that heroic ship is badly damaged and is in urgent need to find shelter into a friendly port:

Fortunately, our troops do not fail us and Pi-Ramesses is captured, giving the Nerd fleet the cover it needs. Now Cleopatra is playing OCC in Elephantine, but even that last bastion of Egypt is about to fall:

This is all for now. But with the GotM competition currently on hiatus, i'm going to spend the spare time into producing more comics and get on par with the game. In the next installment, the end of the Egyptian campaign the the updated demographics of the Nerd Empire. Until then, thanks for following :goodjob:

Attachments

• stm268.jpg
    stm268.jpg
    156.5 KB · Views: 710
  • stm269.jpg
    stm269.jpg
    172.7 KB · Views: 667
  • stm270.jpg
    stm270.jpg
    110.2 KB · Views: 686
  • stm271.jpg
    stm271.jpg
    112.4 KB · Views: 728
  • stm272.jpg
    stm272.jpg
    106.6 KB · Views: 660
after all, there is something good to be seen in the XOTM issues we have got! :) nice to see another episode of the nerd story!
t_x

ermahgersh, an update!

Finally, i got some ideas for new comics. This is the final part of the Egyptian campaign. Enjoy :D

It's 1100 AD and our troops are outside the last remnant of the once powerful Egyptian empire:

In the interturn, research on Corporation is complete, and now we can go for Steel, in the hope of buying Refining from Greece and Atomic Theory from Babylon. The goal of this plan is to get to Motorized Transportation and enjoy the use of tanks. Armored units will be essential against Babylonians metroes defended by infantry.

In the same interturn, the Greek capital of Athens completes the Universal Suffrage.

While the military plays its role, the wise Nerd planners are reshaping our empire. In the SW island, off the coast of former Spain, the two cities of Zaragoza and Pamplona have been merged into one, and now the city of Sidon is being moved to better fill the island. By reducing the number of cities, i'm trying to cut a slice off corruption:

Back to the front, the battle of Elephantine takes place:

It's the final victory for the Nerds, and the Egyptian state is no more

The immediate plan for the future is the takeover of Greece. We have a RoP with Carthage, that can be exploited to send troops on the front through the Carthaginian rail system, plant a combat colony (that will also secure a source of gems) and start a blitzkrieg against Greece.

Since the Greeks have a clear cultural superiority (as basically everyone else) the campaign must be lightning fast, to reduce as much as possible he risk of defections. However, the Greeks are already in a troubled state. Cartage is also allied with us against them, and they have already taken over a city, therefore we might assume that the Greek democracy is already suffering from war weariness.

In the next update: the new map of the Nerd Empire and its demographics at the end of the Egyptian war. Until then, thanks for following! :goodjob:

Attachments

• stm275.jpg
    stm275.jpg
    136 KB · Views: 592
  • stm274.jpg
    stm274.jpg
    130 KB · Views: 576
  • stm273.jpg
    stm273.jpg
    138.1 KB · Views: 564
  • stm276.jpg
    stm276.jpg
    135.3 KB · Views: 542
  • stm277.jpg
    stm277.jpg
    114.7 KB · Views: 570
  • stm278.jpg
    stm278.jpg
    125.5 KB · Views: 491
Here's the map of the world after the conquest of Egypt (1110 AD), with the old map (890 AD) as reference.

890 AD

1110 AD

Besides our conquest of Egypt, there are a few differences in the borders. Carthage and Babylon has been at war for a while and Babylon has managed to capture an isolated Carthaginian city. Alas, Carthage wasn't able to capture the Babylonian isolated city between them and former Egypt, therefore we'll have to endure some cultural pressure from Babylon for a long while.

Carthage is also at war with Greece and managed to capture a Greek city. This is good news, because the conquest of Greece will have to be fast, and with a city less to capture will be even faster.

On the internal front, the notable thing is the disappearance of some white dots. The number of Nerd cities has been reduce, partly to allow other cities to expand and partly as an attempt to reduce corruption.

In Homeland, the town of Shaka Sucks didn't have room to grow beyond size 6 and so it's been disbanded to make room for the other cities to max out and even become metropolises. Same story for Noob City, in Celtarabia, shrunk between Mecca and Medina. Better get rid of it and let the other cities grow even bigger.

Persia has lost the combat colony of Jerksees Sucks and another small city which couldn't have been made productive in reasonable times. In Zululand, two pair of cities have been merged into one. Same story for the Faraway Island (5 cities reduced to 4) and the SW island that is part of Spain (3 cities merged into 2).

Finally, here's the updated demographics at the end of Egyptian campaign:

Nerd Empire |
1110 AD
|
890 AD
|
700 AD
|
Nerds|
178​
|
144​
|
121​
|
Egyptians|
75​
|
0​
|
0​
|
Ottomans|
74​
|
67​
|
58​
|
Persians|
62​
|
52​
|
0​
|
Spanish|
46​
|
39​
|
1​
|
Arabs|
39​
|
32​
|
27​
|
Celts|
36​
|
36​
|
35​
|
Zulu|
34​
|
30​
|
30​
|
Mongols|
19​
|
15​
|
14​
|
Total |
|
|
|

With the inclusion of former Egypt, the Nerd Empire has become bigger, stronger and even more diverse. The Egyptian ethnicity is by now the bigger minority, but its size is about to shrink, for two reasons. The first is starvation, which is not forced but inevitable: some cities are now at cultural size 1 and simply do not have room for all the population they had before the war. Secondly, some of them lacks a marketplace and, therefore, have serious unhappiness problems even with the full set of luxuries available. In this scenario, some of the Egyptian folks are better turned into slave labor fource than kept as jokers.

Some minority have grown a little, thanks to the inclusion of former slaves into cities. The Zulu have grown thanks to the disbanding of four cities that have turned a national + Zulu into a Zulu settler. The Mongols keep growing or, as a Nerd citizen in Zimbabwe said, reproduce like rabbits :D

Now, the demographics by geographic area:

Homeland | 1110 AD | 890 AD | 700 AD |
Nerds|
52​
|
56​
|
55​
|
Zulu|
12​
|
12​
|
12​
|
Mongols|
9​
|
8​
|
7​
|
Celts|
6​
|
6​
|
6​
|
Arabs|
2​
|
4​
|
3​
|
Total |
|
|
|

The small drop in Nerd and Arab population is due to the disbanding of the town of Shaka Sucks. The nerds are now in the worker force, the Arabs were resettled in former Zululand.

Zululand | 1110 AD | 890 AD | 700 AD |
Zulu|
19​
|
15​
|
14​
|
Nerds|
16​
|
29​
|
23​
|
Mongols|
9​
|
7​
|
7​
|
Arabs|
4​
|
1​
|
0​
|
Ottomans|
3​
|
0​
|
0​
|
Persians|
2​
|
0​
|
0​
|
Total |
|
|
|

A score of Nerds has been enlisted into the worker forces. The Zulus have grown because of disbanding and resettling. The Mongols have started to pour in into other Zulu cities. Small communities of Ottomans and Persians have also formed in southern Zululand.

Celtarabia | 1100 AD | 890 AD | 700 AD |
Nerds|
43​
|
36​
|
38​
|
Arabs|
28​
|
23​
|
24​
|
Celts|
24​
|
24​
|
24​
|
Ottomans|
12​
|
7​
|
5​
|
Spanish|
8​
|
1​
|
1​
|
Persians|
6​
|
0​
|
0​
|
Zulu|
3​
|
3​
|
4​
|
Total |
|
|
|

In spite of the loss of a city, Celtarabia has had a substantial population growth. All ethnicities besides Zulu and Celts have grown in numbers. Some former slaves from Persia and Spain have settled in.

Ottoman | 1110 AD | 890 AD | 700 AD |
Ottomans|
44​
|
50​
|
53​
|
Nerds|
17​
|
9​
|
5​
|
Celts|
5​
|
5​
|
5​
|
Total |
|
|
|

In Ottoman, the number of ethnics Ottomans has dropped again. Because of lack of marketplaces, we were forced to relocate some of the population into other areas, mainly Celtarabia. However, the constant increase of Nerd population was enough to compensate for the loss.

Persia | 1110 AD | 890 AD |
Persians|
37​
|
34​
|
Nerds|
32​
|
14​
|
Ottomans|
12​
|
10​
|
Arabs|
5​
|
4​
|
Spanish|
7​
|
3​
|
Celts|
1​
|
1​
|
Total |
94​
|
|

Persia is recovering fast from the hardness of the war. Scores of Nerds are pouring in, and some former slaves have been joined into the cities. The Arabic, Ottoman and Spanish communities are doing well.

Spain | 1110 AD | 890 AD |
Spanish|
25​
|
31​
|
Nerds|
13​
|
0​
|
Persians|
13​
|
17​
|
Total |
|
|

Spain is recovering as well, although more slowly. The drop in Spanish and Persian population is due to the necessity of curbing unhappiness by relocating some of the natives into other parts of the Empire. However, the influx of Nerds more than compensated for the loss of natives.

Faraway | 1110 AD | 890 AD |
Spanish|
6​
|
4​
|
Nerds|
5​
|
0​
|
Persians|
4​
|
3​
|
Total |
|
|

The Faraway island has had some growth due to the appearance of Nerd communities which, apparently, enjoy the hermit life xD

Egypt | 1110 AD |
Egyptians|
75​
|
Total |
|

Egypt has just been conquered and its population is still completely homogenous. The only non-native presence is the military.

Attachments

• map1110ad.gif
    map1110ad.gif
    31.7 KB · Views: 533
Top Bottom