[Scenario] Age of Discovery 1492-1792

Hi Dale! Will you upgrade this Great scenario to BTS, and develop it further now when your WW2 scenario is finished? :D

I guess some of the BtS stuff could be used here, like events and privateers for instance.....

Yes definitely! And I want to use vassals, trade routes and espionage too.

A better AI is always handy too. ;)

Hi guys,

I've got a problem with the scenario, the game tends to freeze from time to time during the 'turning'. It completely takes over any available CPU time. I've had it running like this for about an hour :mad: . Also, the turn sometime doesn't end properly, that is the 'end-turn' button doesn't blink red even though there are no remaining tasks like unmoved units or empty production-lists. I discovered that this happens especially when a trader-vessel disembarcks from the new world. I fear there might be a clitch in there somewhere. Did anybody else encounter this problem? (or is it me? :rolleyes: )

Thnx

P.S. .... ofcourse I should be reading this forum a little better before . .. .. .. .. .ing and moaning...

Ok, it is summer 1600 (and it will always remain that way :sad: ) my game freezes upon turning. The turn ended well by which I mean I did get the blinking red End-turn button. This problem persists and at least seems unavoidable.

I tried the worldbuilder trick by removing a trade-galleon. I noticed a german vessel on the pacific side of 'Panama', even though they had only one city/harbour on that ocean! I got all hopefull and erased the unit. Problem persisted however, and in an aggresive move I erased all remaining trader vessels in sight (didn't look within cities as it seemed irrelevant to me). The problem still remained.

I know it isn't a turn-date related issue, but has anyone ever reached 1792 or even beyond?

Oh and btw, apparently I didn't have any tradevessels of my own left. How does this system work? Regeneration of vessels a few turns after one has arived and paid taxes??

To those experiencing freezes, wait till the BtS version comes out. :)

Please increase trade ship yield to 1-50 or so... and make the Dutch stronger. My two requests.

Yeah we had a whole page discussion on that pages back. But the end result was, he flew the Spanish flag. :)

He could've quite easily been called "Genoan", Portugese" or "Spanish". :)

You're right: when sailing accross the oceans he certainly flew the Spanish flag. Sorry I did not see that pages back.
Btw thanks for your great works Dale.

Bal.

Hi Guys,

I think I narrowed the freeze problem down to the pirate ships. I'm autosaving my games every turn and unfortunatley have to kill the game completely after a freeze. But reverting back to 2nd last autosave will enable you to fiddle around in the Worldbuilder.

I managed to get that working this time (wohoo) by erasing the pirateships. Turn ended beautifully after that.

Why is the small map in the corner all distorted? Also, when I hover over a resource, it says the right name but shows the wrong picture.

I eliminated EVERY ship at sea and still the game does not end the turn in winter 1613. I know there are piratre ships in cities but can not get to elim them as they are not in the country ( England) I am playing. It is a shame to hvewasted all that time .I did elim all ships at sea and at first it worked now it won't . I did not miss any because I went over every inch of sea in the builder. To bad it was a good scenario.

roalan, I do not really want to state the obvious, but you have tried just clicking on the end turn button havent you?

Of course I click the end of turn button and the round curser just keeps on turning.usully when i dump all the ships one can continue for a while but this time no such luck. I did notice one of the other empires cities had a number of pirate caravels in it so I even elim the entire city to no avail. it is winter 1613 and a shame to have to quite unless you have nothr idea?

Of course I click the end of turn button and the round curser just keeps on turning.usully when i dump all the ships one can continue for a while but this time no such luck. I did notice one of the other empires cities had a number of pirate caravels in it so I even elim the entire city to no avail. it is winter 1613 and a shame to have to quite unless you have nothr idea?
I am afriad not. Bad luck.

Dale,

I tried the mod two nights ago. One 2.13GHz core duo and 2GB Ram it runs great. I'm glad to hear that you are updating it for BTS. It almost seems like some of the BTS leaders and civs were selected BECAUSE of your Mod (Portugese, Netherlands, Suleyman, Sitting Bull, and I guess Holy Roman Empire for Saxony)

I saw that the religion graphics for Lutheranism and Paganism seemed a little rough (not to insult, of course) but since I may (finally) be moving from CTP2 I might be able to help with those.

I guess we won't know until later this month, but I'm hoping BTS has mesoamerican ethnic looking units for spearmen and axeman and MesoAmerican cities. it would be cool also if we get MesoAmerica cities. it would just be a nice touch to land in the new world and have it look radically different from the US.

As for my play, Amersterdam got taken by the French but the dutch had plenty of colonies. Amazingly, New Amersterdam is in about the right place for new york city! And the Lutheranism holy city was in fort Caroline a French colony off of Africa...interesting twist.

Thanks for the mod i'm looking forward to its BTS upgrade (and chance we get stacked combat in it too?)

Great to hear mate. No one is ever too far under the Shadow to return to the Light. ;)

As for BtS, you will be happy. ;)

Dale,

I tried the mod two nights ago. One 2.13GHz core duo and 2GB Ram it runs great. I'm glad to hear that you are updating it for BTS. It almost seems like some of the BTS leaders and civs were selected BECAUSE of your Mod (Portugese, Netherlands, Suleyman, Sitting Bull, and I guess Holy Roman Empire for Saxony)

I saw that the religion graphics for Lutheranism and Paganism seemed a little rough (not to insult, of course) but since I may (finally) be moving from CTP2 I might be able to help with those.

I guess we won't know until later this month, but I'm hoping BTS has mesoamerican ethnic looking units for spearmen and axeman and MesoAmerican cities. it would be cool also if we get MesoAmerica cities. it would just be a nice touch to land in the new world and have it look radically different from the US.

As for my play, Amersterdam got taken by the French but the dutch had plenty of colonies. Amazingly, New Amersterdam is in about the right place for new york city! And the Lutheranism holy city was in fort Caroline a French colony off of Africa...interesting twist.

Thanks for the mod i'm looking forward to its BTS upgrade (and chance we get stacked combat in it too?)

Top Bottom