SCENARIO: Napoleonic Europe REDUX

There's another fault in this scenario:
Sweden was never neutral in the Napoleon war. On the contrary, Sweden was allied with Britain and Russia against Napoleonic France, and had been a harsh critic against Napoleon ever since 1800.
After Denmark, who was allied with the french, was beaten by Sweden, Denmark had to give Sweden Norway.

You definitely need to make Imperial calvary and Imperial guard not require support. They lived off the land, and didn't require supplies.

The problem with guard units is that everybody wants them. Very unhistorical as they were a small proportion of the total army. When I modified this scenario I built a small wonder that could only be built in capitol cities (I added a resource called "Capitol" that had to be in the city radius) that spit them out every so often. A Knights of Templar kind of thing. I gave them various names and made them civ specific (France-Ecole Polytech, Russia-Kremlin, England-Sandhearst) so they could make civ specific guard units. Just a thought.

Just a very small historical inaccuracy I noticed: there shouldn´t be an Austrian unit with a "K.u.K" in it´s name, since this abbreviation (meaning "Kaiserlich-Königlich" = "Imperial-Royal") was introduced only after the Austrian-Hungarian compromise of 1867.
I don´t have a suggestion for a better name, though. Perhaps a simple "Kaiserlicher" respectively "Imperial" before the unit´s name would do.

I'm having problems both this scenario and the other ones insteafd of downloading I get a blank screen when I press the url.

Fine work, thank you! In exess of the feodal japanese scenario, the rest of the conquest-mods really need some finetuning, so it's nice to find these redux-versions.

There's a one small anecdote which troubles me. One of my friends had an opinion that Finland (Helsinki) was still under Sweden's rule and not of Russia's at 1800. Is he wrong? :confused:

I also thought about the non-playable civilizations. If you turn all civs as playable, does it mess the alliances? It would be nice to try survive or exploit the situation as some minor state!

:bounce:

Yes he is. Finland was taken during the reign of Peter I. I would end the "Germanic Alliance", as the Confederation of the Rhine is so important. I would also make nearly all of France more populace; their total population was in excess of 29 million, almost three times that of Britain. Also, I would add another government, despotism, for Russia to demonstrate its inefficiency.

Oh, and I've never liked the ideas of locked alliances. Napoleon was offered good peace terms many times (at first, the Alliance offered him all land to the Rhine and control of Switzerland). I suppose Portugal, Netherlands, Piedmont, and Britan should be aligned, but not at war with France. That way, France could find peace if it so wished, but their aggresive nature would make it difficult. Finally, I think Poland shouldbe a nation in the beginning, but a nation that Prussia, Austria, and Russia will easily defeat (maybe no starting units). That way, Polish nationalism will still effect the nation.

Hey just wanted to tell you that Egypt was under Ottoman rule not Great Britain. The British came in and took over Egypt around the mid 1800s. Other than that everything seems fine.

This looks very cool, I wish I could download it. I'm working on my own Napoleonic scenario. Does anyone have the code for this?

This looks very cool, I wish I could download it. I'm working on my own Napoleonic scenario. Does anyone have the code for this?
I was able to download this one through one of the more unsecure internet browsers like Micrsoft Edge. However, the Bebro Graphics are gone and nobody can find them. I tried a bunch of things to try to fix it, but couldn't. Then I tried one more thing, I imported the map and civs from this one in the original Napoleonic Scenario from Firaxis. From there I had to make all of the Bebro changes (thankfully he made a list in his post!) found unit graphics that would fit and inserted those, it was easy because I could use this one to compare it to.

Now, once I had a working scenario, I ended up making even more changes for myself, which included more civs and cities. Note that this map stopped in the middle of the Caucasus and thus I had to super distort the cities there to add the Persians. I wish there was a way to increase the map size that are already created!! Anyway, I've got a few more things to fix and then I'll upload it to this thread!

I was able to download this one through one of the more unsecure internet browsers like Micrsoft Edge. However, the Bebro Graphics are gone and nobody can find them. I tried a bunch of things to try to fix it, but couldn't. Then I tried one more thing, I imported the map and civs from this one in the original Napoleonic Scenario from Firaxis. From there I had to make all of the Bebro changes (thankfully he made a list in his post!) found unit graphics that would fit and inserted those, it was easy because I could use this one to compare it to.

Now, once I had a working scenario, I ended up making even more changes for myself, which included more civs and cities. Note that this map stopped in the middle of the Caucasus and thus I had to super distort the cities there to add the Persians. I wish there was a way to increase the map size that are already created!! Anyway, I've got a few more things to fix and then I'll upload it to this thread!
Awesome, thanks for the info. I've actually gone to build my own, and have expanded the map (see here), scenario, etc. If you want, I'd also be happy to collaborate on a scenario (since we're building them at the same time). Otherwise, you're welcome to use or modify my map. I did find a way to expand the map with a Steph's Expanded Editor! It's complicated and risky, so make sure to use backups or, preferably, version control. Here are the instructions.

Oh that’s great!!! This fixes the error in the Firaxis original, where they left the modern WWII military guy to give advice.

Top Bottom