[SCENARIO] World War I

Well, a weird thing when I installed WW1 v2 (on a thinkpad) was that you had to move the folder labeled WW1 out of the folder labeled WW1 v2 because WW1v2 is not a valid mod folder. :p stupid renaming...

Thank You very much Emp. Killyouall for your help,
First of all thanks for replying so soon.
As you said, i was putting the WW1 v2 folder in the Civ 4 Mods folder. However When i put the WW1 folder instead it worked perfectly :goodjob: I was really looking forward to this scenario :D I'm indebted to you ;)

To Jon 'Trip' shafer - Great scenario, i like how you made the map of Europe, very realistic and moreover all the major players in the conflict are there :goodjob: Keep it up. I also liked your scenarios in the Warlords expansion - the Chinese unification is the best :king:

Thank You guys,

CivWarlord

i know how to turn Civ4 maps compatible with Warlords, ive already done it for that Earth 1000AD scenario, its very fun to vassal Saladin in that holy war.

Before the thread police bannish me forever, im posting here becuase i may be able to convert this WW1 scenario too, though im still testing to make sure, lest there be any bugs when you vassal a non allied or central power, wether the game can still run using the Vanila python and codes and such.

If this works, ill post it in its "correct forum thread in the main creation and customization forum".

---

this mod was good too play, and unlike previous posters, i did see AI build (and alot too) of the Biplanes, and to my non tank army horror, the allied got the tanks before i did too, along with the periodic and somewhat effective american landings, i barely won playing as Germany, i succeeded only in stalemating a combined american and british landing (the later dropping 6 tanks onto the field) in my occupied france, using my major army groups to deafeat Russia, giving my side the 900 score.

(Top 10) Total Combat Losses:
38 Basic German Infantry
20 Advanced German Infantry (I ended the game with 66, most on railroads moving back to france to help out the machineguns there)
9 Basic Light Artillery
8 Submarines
8 Poison Gas units
8 Destroyers (in a costly gambit, i gained naval supremecy in the north sea, however, just like the real war, i retired to my ports for the rest of the war, only using submarines to 'city jump' to the atlantic)
5 Biplanes (I ended the game with 15, all on the western front, a costly move for units fighting russia)
5 Dreadnuaghts
4 Machine guns
3 Cavalry N.B for new players, these are effective early in game, though later they need support with another unit, most cases they don't have a good combat odd, and so you may need another unit to finish of your target

(Top 10) Total Combat Victories:
107 Basic Infantry (these belong to the Rebel scum and the minor nations of europe)
55 Basic Russian Infantry
52 Basic French Infantry (I conquered mainland france before they built Advanced Infantry, though i did destroy 1 unit)
27 Destroyers
19 Advanced Russian Infantry
13 Advanced British Infantry
12 Transports
10 Dreadnaughts
9 Cavalry
6 Machine Guns

This is an awesome scenario! Nice job! Can we expect a Warlords remake of it? And can you Firaxis people PLEASE make a fix for the Chinese Unification scenario so we can actually build galleys in the fresh water rivers?

Great Scenario! :)

Just a question: is it possible to "unlock" those unplayable Civs such as Spain?
I'd like to play with them too :)

yeah u can open the scenario in a note pad or word pad, and look for those countries, like spain and set the code Playable Civ=0 to playable Civ=1

0 meaning no and 1 meaning yes

ZB2 said:
yeah u can open the scenario in a note pad or word pad, and look for those countries, like spain and set the code Playable Civ=0 to playable Civ=1

0 meaning no and 1 meaning yes

thx man, really appreciated :goodjob:

I finally finished my scenario today and it was quite hard because I played on russian side. But I like it and I think russian problems are quite realistic so good job. One thing I have to say: All the time I went when finns start they revolution and became independent (1917) but that was a another story and because my army was succesful there were actually no problems about rebels.

Ah, how refreshing it is to see someone else with a true interest in and knowledge of WW1...

The first day I joined this site, i had a vision in my mind: to create a WW1 scenario for everyone to download...
But upon viewing the downloads avaliable, it became apparent that you beat me to it... (man, you should have seen my face, you could have fried an egg on it:mad: )

But i eventually cooled down, and decided to be a good sport and download your version:D

Ty for making this!

Ps: why not make maps for the WW1 campaigns in Africa and the Pacific as well?:mischief:

Marshall Rommel said:
Ah, how refreshing it is to see someone else with a true interest in and knowledge of WW1...

The first day I joined this site, i had a vision in my mind: to create a WW1 scenario for everyone to download...
But upon viewing the downloads avaliable, it became apparent that you beat me to it... (man, you should have seen my face, you could have fried an egg on it:mad: )

But i eventually cooled down, and decided to be a good sport and download your version:D

Ty for making this!

Ps: why not make maps for the WW1 campaigns in Africa and the Pacific as well?:mischief:

or better yet you could design one for warlords:D

yeah when i read 'ww1' i started thinking of african campagins against the boche :(. ww1 pacific theatre had nothing. new zealand taking Samoa, austrailia takin papua new guinea and japan taking the micronesian islands.

This is a wonderful scenario! I've been playing it on Monarch.

But how come the americans arrive 1920? 7 (seven!!) turns before the end of the game. Isn't that a bit late?

Until then I had conquered France, GB, Italy and half of Russia, and they didn't make any difference to the game.

Do they always come that late or does it depend on the difficulty?

this is weird: I reloded my game (mentioned above) shortly before the americans came and played it again. this time they came even later: 2 turns befor the end of the game. they didn't even manage to land in europe. that takes a lot of fun out of the game.
Why is this, and can I do anything to make them come earlyer?

sounds very weird. for me they came swiftly and took brest from me again and again. its very unfortunete you get to conquer everyone without american interferance :( i had to suffer their wrath whilst my armies conquered russia.

anyone else had a late american arrival?

ive got an idea to fix the american losing bug what if you put new york in the far west and give them a uu lower move transort with more capacity

duno bout that. the atlantic isnt that big. what about open borders with england at start, and a unit in one of the cities. with the destroy all de facto on they wont die and come back and die again and have fun and come back eat a sub and die again and so forth

ZB2 said:
duno bout that. the atlantic isnt that big. what about open borders with england at start, and a unit in one of the cities. with the destroy all de facto on they wont die and come back and die again and have fun and come back eat a sub and die again and so forth
:confused:
im not even going to rant about xcl

also why is it that there is not enough cultures in cities weird when theres so many gaps. . . . .

Top Bottom