Science research

What shall we pursue after Philosophy?

• Trade: Caravans and Marco Polo's (requires Currency)

Votes: 9 69.2%
  • Astronomy: Cops Obs (requires Masonry and Mathematics)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Monotheism: Crusaders and Mike's Chapel (requires Horseback Riding and Polytheism)

Votes: 1 7.7%
  • Map Making: Triremes

Votes: 3 23.1%
  • The Republic

• Feudalism: Pikemen and Sun Tzu's

• Iron Working: Legions, and leads to Bridge Building

• Polytheism: Elephants (requires Horseback Riding)

• Masonry: City Walls, Great Wall, Palace

• You've missed something even better: see my post below

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Leowind

Emperor
Currently we are researching Mysticism, with Philosophy as our next tech to research and Currency as our alternate tech should Philosophy be unavailable. It's about time to begin thinking about what our goals are beyond getting Philosophy first, so vote away and let us know what you think :)

I, too, would like to see Trade researched next, with Astronomy as our alternate tech, but will obey the will of our fine people, so vote! :)

I'd like to see Mapmaking as the alternate tech, so we can continue exploring and get a foot-hold on the other islands.

Trade, I want the gold to pour in! :)
Alternate tech while researching towards philosophy and trade should be mapmaking but I also like iron working for the railroads later on...

Alternate techs should support near term goals, if possible. Map Making and Astronomy both qualify.

WE NEED MAP MAKING. we will soon run out of land to colonise.

Okay, five people have specifically stated in this thread that they want Trade as our next research goal, yet there are only 4 votes for trade in the poll. So which of you is from Florida?!? j/k

Seriously, if you're gonna state an opinion, you NEED to vote on it as well. The voting in the poll is what counts, the rest is just stating your case.

I voted for Trade, of course. I like Astronomy and Monotheism as good subsequent targets, but the people are certainly restless about this ship idea, and that party is lead by Our Queen! Cop's & Mike's.

Leowind, this poll shows the beauty of the game. We WANT everything, but can only choose one thing. Perhaps the one person that worries your auditors was just here chatting, and plans to vote later. I think that can be prudent.

I believe that Jayne moves tomorrow, at dusk.

Originally posted by duke o' york
Oops. I have just realised that I'm the Tallahasseean in question. :blush:
In my defence, things are a bit ridiculous at work at the moment and, er, other excuses. I did go to the trouble of getting a crusader for my post though!
Yes you did :goodjob:, and in light of your otherwise brilliant contributions to our glorious empire, we shall overlook this uncharacteristic faux pa (sp?) ;)

Our queen moves tonight, and voting in this poll is strongly favoring Trade as our next research goal. So the research queue at this point is:

Mysticism (currently researching)
Philosophy
Currency
Trade

I'll post a poll to confirm, but it seems most want Map Making as our alternate tech should none of the above be available.

Top Bottom