Score list enhanced...

Oh.. --this-- sort of stuff!
FontIcons.png

In that case.. at 22x22 pixels each -- they'd be quite "hard" to detect even if kept inside (smaller) host buttons to replace the previous text strings. Don't you think?
I feel the whole panel would then somehow look relatively empty.

Worth noting these buttons can also embed any other images (including what i suggested earlier), right?

Worth noting these buttons can also embed any other images (including what i suggested earlier), right?
All buttons in UI can have a texture as a background. But these buttons are from Tab Support functions, text by default. To change to icons it would probably require deeper changes.

Alright gang.. i'm getting ready to work seriously on the generic HUD design through various Mockup samples destined to inspire @Aristos & likely, offer my preferable suggestions for each of the seven necessary Tooltips (Civics+Empire+GreatPeople+Religion+Technology+Wonders+EraScore) plus two more reserved for later concepts or additional functionality.

Related section of the Grid-Buttons XML code below...

Code:
            <Container ID="ScoreViewContents" Offset="0,130">
                <Grid Offset="20,5" Size="478,40" Texture="Controls_ColumnHeader" SliceCorner="10,11" SliceTextureSize="28,28" Color="33,43,49,255"/>
                <Label Offset="28,20" Style="FontNormalMedium14" Color="255,255,225,100" String="LOC_WORLD_RANKINGS_CIVILIZATION_LABEL"/>
                <!-- We *already* know it's all about SCORES!?!
                <Grid Offset="260,10" Size="235,30" Texture="Controls_ColumnHeader" SliceCorner="10,11" SliceTextureSize="28,28" Color="33,43,49,255"/>
                <Label Offset="270,20" Style="FontNormalMedium14" Color="255,255,225,100" String="LOC_WORLD_RANKINGS_SCORE_TAB"/>
                -->
                <!-- Let's put reference symbols with some Tooltips instead...-->
                    <GridButton ID="Stat0Leaders" Offset="-134,6" Size="38,38" Anchor="R,T" Texture="Controls_ButtonControl_Brown" SliceCorner="10,10" SliceSize="1,1" SliceTextureSize="24,24" ToolTip="LOC_TREE_SEARCH_W_DOTS">
                        <Image ID="STI0Leaders" Texture="Notifications40" TextureOffset="80,40" Size="40,40" Anchor="C,C"/>
                    </GridButton>
                    <GridButton ID="Stat1Civics" Offset="-174,6" Size="38,38" Anchor="R,T" Texture="Controls_ButtonControl_Gray" SliceCorner="10,10" SliceSize="1,1" SliceTextureSize="24,24" ToolTip="LOC_CATEGORY_CIVICS_NAME">
                        <Image ID="STI1Civics" Texture="UnitActions38" TextureOffset="0,418" Size="38,38" Anchor="C,C"/>
                    </GridButton>
                    <GridButton ID="Stat2Empire" Offset="-214,6" Size="38,38" Anchor="R,T" Texture="Controls_ButtonControl_Gray" SliceCorner="10,10" SliceSize="1,1" SliceTextureSize="24,24" ToolTip="LOC_CATEGORY_EMPIRE_NAME">
                        <Image ID="STI2Empire" Texture="UnitActions38" TextureOffset="266,228" Size="38,38" Anchor="C,C"/>
                    </GridButton>
.... (ETC!)
                    <GridButton ID="Stat8Parser" Offset="-454,6" Size="38,38" Anchor="R,T" Texture="Controls_ButtonControl_Brown" SliceCorner="10,10" SliceSize="1,1" SliceTextureSize="24,24" ToolTip="LOC_GAME_MENU_OPTIONS">
                        <Image ID="STI8Parser" Texture="Notifications40" TextureOffset="240,280" Size="40,40" Anchor="C,C"/>
                    </GridButton>
                <!-- Still need to toggle my new Row Lines ON/OFF -->
                <GridButton ID="ScoreDetailsButton" Offset="-494,12" Size="28,28" Anchor="R,T" Style="FontNormalMedium14" TextAnchor="R,C" TextOffset="30,0" Texture="Controls_ButtonControl_Gray" SliceCorner="10,10" SliceSize="1,1" SliceTextureSize="24,24" StateOffsetIncrement="0,24" ToolTip="LOC_WORLD_RANKINGS_SHOW_DETAILS"/>
                <CheckBox ID="ScoreDetailsCheck" Offset="465,18" Style="MainCheckBox" IsChecked="0"/>
                <ScrollPanel ID="ScoreViewScrollbar" Offset="15,45" Size="parent-37,545" Style="WorldRankingsScrollPanel">
                    <Stack ID="ScoreViewStack" Offset="0,5" Padding="5"/>
                </ScrollPanel>
            </Container>

Sooooo.. i'd have a few simple questions (To @Infixo or @Aristos , etc!) before jumping into some strict assumptions.

-- 1) Is it possible to use alternate controls/images for custom ToolTips (instead of that default Black Text on Light Yellow)?
-- 2) Do any of these re-calibrate proportions dynamically upon detecting our formatted elements or inserted GFX assets?
-- 3) Can we influence how the Tooltips drop onto the UI layer? Like enforcing all of them to flush and expand towards the left only? Even hook anything upwards or "centered" relative to the hovered context(s)?
-- 4) Can any of the Civs boxes (supplied by & managed within.. scroll panel) host supplemental LUA+XML contexts to provide other interactive details through indirect options we could define via these TWO previous extras or otherwise, inside respective areas possibly underneath their logos with a checkmark toggling/system?
-- 5) Most values should be re-colored while gaining focus by our top row of buttons, how?
-- 6) I would be using a Three Tier method to identify Gold/Silver/Bronze (WC-Trophies would be really nice for this) Leaders worth inserting into our tooltips.. similar as what the Overall tab produces. Any objections?

That's it. For now. Lemme know!

Last edited:
Oh..

I'll be using (extensively) the Font-Icons principles too as recommended by @Infixo, btw.
But there's also a wild property already presented by other mods (Map-Tacks by @bszoney + WII by @HellBlazers) which could dictate how Sco_R_ow will present its complex data both visually and in data terms.

Refer to such source assets below..

Map-Tack_ResourcesForZSR.png

And.. even this sort of Previously Recruited--GP referencing gimmick.. from BC to AD short/swift/direct listing. Which are supplied by FontIcons on line #15.

Okay then, enough teasing hints -- Time to work. See ya.

Alright.. tough concept to define accurately but i think i managed to pull the essentials in a comprehensive Mockup.
Really tired now -- so i'll just leave the (very nearly) final snapshot right here & i'll come back later this week to explain everything in details.

Let's hope @Aristos and @Infixo would accept to help out with the logic and/or functional components necessary.. cuz i'm just not very skilled (at least not as much as they both are) in LUA encoding.

__ZSR-Mockup(Final).png

Soooooo jump in & take a wild glimpse.. enjoy!

1-2-3-4-5-6-7-8-9 -- coming soon.

Last edited:
Ok.. let's begin explaining these "Details" & how they're supposed to expose various elements while focusing on some calculated facts.

1) Civics + Technology + Religion ; Basicly an hybrid set of results pulled directly from the Overall-Tabs input. We might want to add the exact Researched (3 Pts/Each) Civics amount(s) though. Technos=2/ea. Worth noting is that "Converted Cities" give 2/ea. Thus, the missing (26+2=28) probably comes from the Holy-City.

2) Empire ; Six different components are planned .. Cities (5) + Districts (2) + Buildings (1) + Wonders (1) + Populations (1). Forgot to integrate the Buildings & Wonders values (didn't know how to pull the exact amount aside from manually counting every city contents-duh) & FontIcon though. The sixth is Domination Input (from Overall too) for Military Strength while being appended to the bottom since such value is related to "Empire" context, IMO.

3) Great People ; Normally, a stack of various types is tracked through the "Previously Recruited" panel and its huge scroller list. Two options -- A=Totals only *or* B=Scroll everything BC/AD. I wanted to expose this whole dataset on every tooltips uniquely but later wished for a complex but cool Overview/Summary Panel that would simply slide out like the production Multi-Queue. That's where the big Green Arrow (??) comes in. Something to design far into the future as a cool bonus, i guess. That too should become a central deposit for many other details (Wonders "board", Military "Rundown", GP recruited via Parser/Selector, etc).

4) Wonders ; Small or extensively bigger lists (Kristina has 21x15pts=315!) enumerated on each of their tooltips. Kupe has only two.. soooo his stack is easy to squeeze onto available HUD space. We might have to go wide with two/three columns "blocks" in stuff like that Sweden racing champion (me!). ;) Conquered Wonders should be enhanced as Red strings?

5) Eras ; Another wicked HUD/UI concern with either a drop/down stack of 9 Eras from "Ancient/Future" or (as shown on the mockup) with a swift L/R symbolic alpha reference formula (ACMRDOTNF). Ideally we'd also want to include the "Points" trigger steps for each Ages as they are reached for everyone. Having all results/facts at once gives a nice impression on growth patterns anyway, AFAIC.

** Civs Empire strings need a re-written suffix (except for Dido coincidence strangely) as we'd require proper identifications of the score/categories which are currently in Focus. Temporarily in red for sampling clarity.

6) Categories Row ; Primary core LUA logic tasks will certainly be there while we try giving rational access to whichever components. Each type symbols (Civics to Eras) need a simple click to gain "Focus" for HUD processing of Civ/Tooltips and other functionalities. The duo of "Tan" instances (??) are reserved assets to later host two key supplemental features; Left=Overview/Summary & Right=Optional/Controls.

I've revised this area to better balance the values alignment and, fine-tuned the Grid/Buttons stack to prepare for LUA interactive steps (Clicks & Hovers, etc). As show here, Alexander has the most accurate statistic conditions (His GP & Wonders numbers are both less than 100's while the others match with Barbarossa's) to align precisely, etc...

__ZSR-Mockup(HeaderRow).png

7) Scoring Principles ; Same as Vanilla systems. Find the Leaders & develop a stack of "Boxes" where each stats are given values based on pre-determined formulas. No more ugly "DropDown" lists though.. Yeah! :)

8) Narrow or Wide ; The LUA component is devised in such a way that dispatching the old stack required strict sequencing in a limited loop of seven types. Sooooo -- when the engine pulls data, it hooks on IF/Then conditions that create a pseudo-linear string. That's why my composite Row must react within a L/R stacking of numeric details alone. Higher numbers simply fit better visually and should adapt as time goes on. Initial Zeros (One City + One Pop + Capital Palace as first building .. to begin with = 7 Empire Points & nothing else)... are thus spread thinner and feel mis-aligned to the top reference row of clickable Icons.

9) Gold/Silver/Bronze ranking ; The other major LUA principle. We just give a "WC-Trophy" to indicate the leading trio & ideally (as in -- something to consider as a bonus feature), can also detect various focused stats to colorize anything accordingly as hints of "competing conditions" such as Kupe's religion top score that beats Kristina's. These colored strings only appear when we have already given focus to whichever category. Fancy gimmick.. yet, the whole idea is that gameplay events are indirectly tracked by a system of Best/Worst variations in score types.

PS; Dido's Empire & Suleiman's Religion (with tiny green arrows) served as Focus HUD/samples for this mockup.

That explains everything.. hopefully to your satisfactions, people (( @Aristos + @Infixo )). IF you have any suggestions & coding remarks & whatever else... feel free to share!

In the meantime, i will build the basic (very limited!) Mod & issue a formal development private hook to a Steam ID for it. Finally, here's the reference (Kristina) Save-File.. we should rely upon for internal discussion & verifying steps while the on-going LUA/XML code work is being tested.

Let's go!

Attachments

• KRISTINA 256 (ZSR_dev) 1970 AD.Civ6Save
    2 MB · Views: 113
Last edited:
Pfffftttt... what a mess.
I gave it an honest try but the LUA context replacement step just doesn't want to stick through manual insert as custom InGameActions or otherwise.
At least ModBuddy handed over the <Mod id="a49206ac-2ad5-495a-abf4-11bf5d77a1ce" version="1"> :crazyeye:

Soooooo -- until someone can come in and help out.. i'm stuck with the hacky method of simple Copy/Paste files into Civ6 folders. Sadly.

EDIT

Okay.. after a big tall Coffee cup and firing-up the neurones enough to think more clearly, i've decided to stop expecting Sejick & GreyTiger would "soon" update their "WorldRankings" mods (we're mutually impacting that component) -- and concentrate on my (our) own stuff for now.

Soooo -- the hybrid LUA hack(s) are no longer necessary, temporarily. We can just push-in the full scale LUA/XML combo codes exclusively related to valid or active ZSR-Sco_R_ow features and as a result, should formulate our tasks based on the generic simple version.
Uploaded to Steam/Workshop under Private conditions for development reasons.

It works just fine as long as the whole replacer (2) files are compiled as is. Check it out.

Last edited:
Progress.. smallish, but nonetheless promising.

Managed to hook the Focus tagging system with gridded LABEL(s) which would react to their selected Button/Icons. Only one can be activated (via Hidden="0") at a time.. so the sampling phase below offers some choices. I prefer the Green Checkmark over the Wonders type... but the plain Whites do have certain appeal too.
Anyhow -- should be ready for LUA dispatch logic.

__ZSR-Mockup(FocusTags).png

Each of those have valid Tootips too, btw!
:scan:

Last edited:
Not too bad.. gathered 46 subscribers in a day. ;)

But, why hasn't Firaxis updated the SDK yet? I'm just getting tired of manually adding the GS instruction ((<CompatibleVersions>2.0</CompatibleVersions>)) on every compile. And i really want their promised complete Pantry (R&F+GS) full of authentic GFX resources & other bonus help!

While i still prepare various XML/LUA basics for my friend(s).

@Infixo
Been re-thinking about what you previously suggested for custom Tabs (Icons instead of Strings) to re-calibrate the Header width more "precisely" or to just prevent a tricky overlap with Diplomacy extra line.

This may offer us (more likely you as a side bonus feature for ZSR if interested!) an indirect solution to 1) Re-design the properties with other custom layers (and assets inspired by FontIcons) related to Victory Types & 2) Re-use the XML/LUA logic provided by that slick horizontal stack of Religion symbols.

Reduce_TabButtonSizes.png

Or even via a simple indirect LOC edit with single letter tags; (Overall -- Score) + S -- C -- M -- R -- D ?? And small adjustments to the wrapping function.

Opinions?

Last edited:
Top Bottom