[R&F] Scotland revised.

1. What should Highlander be?
If there's a Gunpowder/Firepower combined class (Melee and Anticavalry combined). Should Highlander remains with Recon or becomes an element of new class?
2. Should they have additional UU? Do you think they should get Jacobites as well? (Renaissance)
3. Do you think Golf Cub is an appropriate Unique Improvements?
4. If you disagree with 3 then what should Scottish Unique building/districts/improvements be?
I'd go for either
1. Whiskey Distillery
2. Clanhall (Encampment building)

The Jacobite rebellion was supported by many of the highlander clans so I don't see the need for a new unit. I would personally rather the Highlander unit unlocked earlier at Gunpowder in the Renaissance Era but still remain a recon unit to highlight the Jacobite rebellion era.

I don't see anything personally wrong with the Golf Club anymore now that I know more about the history of it in Scotland. If I did have to choose something it would be interesting if they could get a castle that could only be build on a lake tile but functionally in game it would probably be useless. :lol:

Whiskey Distillery is worse than the Golf Course as the Unique Scottish Infrastructure! Not to say the Golf Course is a bad Scottish Unique Improvement, it's actually a pretty good choice.

Personally, the Highlander should be available in the Renaissance Era as an Anti-Cavalry Unit. It would lose its penalty against Melee Units and gain additional Combat Strength when attacking.

^
1. Didn't golf course also available to others IRL?
2. What makes Whiskey Distillery useless? Is it the same reason 'available to others' (through asian-produced 'whiskeys' made of rice rather than grain or malt like Scottish, not sure about Tennesse's ones) Do you think Whiskey has any potentials to be producible 'Luxury Resources'
3. What about clanhalls?
4. So 'Highlander' should represents Jacobites/Clansmen before they became Brits later on?

^
2. What makes Whiskey Distillery useless? Is it the same reason 'available to others' (through asian-produced 'whiskeys' made of rice rather than grain or malt like Scottish, not sure about Tennesse's ones) Do you think Whiskey has any potentials to be producible 'Luxury Resources'
3. What about clanhalls?
4. So 'Highlander' should represents Jacobites/Clansmen before they became Brits later on?
I mean, Whiskey Distillery is less unique to Scotland than Golf Courses.

And yes, Highlanders should be represented before the Industrial Era, because they indeed existed before the Industrial Era.

Last edited:
Of course.
I think the main point of why the Golf Course was chosen is because modern day golf was invented in Scotland.
Also a fun fact I learned is that Scotland has more land devoted to golf courses than any country in the world per capita.

In my opinion, yes.

^ The First 'Serious' Golf Course in Scotland in history please.
The Old Course at St. Andrews is known to be the "home of golf" and is considered to be the oldest golf course in the world.

I always thouht Scotland should have a unique fort replacement. Scotland is really known for its castles possibly more than anywhere else. Heck, it could even be a fort with a golf course outside it.
Considering the building on the golf course resembles a Scottish castle I guess you got your wish. :p

Top Bottom