Scramble of Africa mod

BenZL43

awkward cat
Hi! Regular civ4 players here that just start playing civ5. Apologize if this is not the right place to post.

I wonder whether anybody interested in modding more feature to the Scramble of Africa scenario included in the main game (was it allowed? or there's sort of copyright of Firaxis that we might not modify?). The game is already great but I feel some aspect could be increased.

Some ideas:
- Correcting some LH that are using conversion from other/earlier civilization.. like using Menelik LH instead of Haile Selassie LH for Ethiopia, then also the same for Egypt, Boers, Belgia, etc

- City name. Whenever you want to settle a new city in the interior of Africa, we could have a city name according to the location - while the interior is randomized including the resources, it might be the fun factor. You don't always found what today's a major cities in the region like Harare, Lusaka or Yaounde.

- Religion. I think religion kinda play a role in the real scramble

-Opening up more map. I mean not by creating new map, but opening up the Southern Europe and Arabian peninsula that has been featured. It could allow a stronger Ottoman (that also benefit from pilgrimage to Makkah), stronger Italy perhaps, etc . Perhaps also some reinforcement from the King/Queen as well in Europe (random units of an European civilization appear in the northernmost tile of the map)

- War between Europeans should be made possible but only if they are hostile to each other.

-New civilization: Spain (more tension in Morocco, West Sahara, Northern Algeria etc)

etc
Let me know if anybody is interested :D

Moderator Action: Moved to Creation & Customization

Top Bottom