Screenies and Turn Log

fe3333au said:
I would like screenies of the big map and then closeups of anything interesting.

Define "interesting".

fe3333au said:
I would like regular (but not every turn) pophead screenies.

No idea what "pophead screenies" mean.

fe3333au said:
ie. if a tech is popped then I want to see what the turn player sees when choosing options.

That'd be near impossible. When I, as a player, see the Research dialog, I do not only scroll because often it doesn't suit into one screen, I also go dozends of places with my mouse and read all the hover popups. How you capture all that?

You have to participate in the discussion before the Game Session to know all the options - it's the duty of the relevant official to inform you about them. You can't just lay back and expect a passive all-inclusive super-convenient slideshow afterwards.

fe3333au said:
Clarification is also required for myself ... How many turns are played in each session?

10 or less, if something important happens that requires halting of the game for discussion.

Interesting is something that is an occurance that gets you 'game' excited ... meeting a new civ, seeing something cool ...

What you need to understand is that YOU are playing on our behalf ... that means that we 'relive' the gaming experience through your action ... so ALL of us want the same experience ... and to be consulted ... basically you are our tool to play the game :)

More so for players like me who cannot run cIV on our systems ...

So we (the majority) just want to be kept upto date ... and not in an obscure or off handed manner ... we are as relivant as you in this game ... there is nothing special about your position ... YOU are playing for us ... and not for yourself :)

In fact ALL Office Bearers should know that WE (the players) have granted YOU the honour of playing in our place ... so you MUST comply to our wishes else at the very least others will play for US after the next election.

Hope I'm not coming across as too heavy ... but that is the way the game will be played ... it is after all called a ... Democracy Game

Aside ... I take it you are not familiar with C3C or Pophead would have ment to you ... the information screens that give data on trade, culture, defence, etc of your civilization.

Frankly, I have quite a problem with your attitude, fe3333au.

Moderator Action: Warned for flaming. Be nice.
Please read the forum rules: http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=422889

First, the elected officials are representatives and servants of the citizenery, not puppets, and most defintely not slaves. Laying back and dictating others to do whatever you wish is not how democracy works at all.

Second, while there certainly has to be requirements of what an office holder is obliged to do, you can't micro-manage how people do their jobs. It doesn't work like that in the real world, and it doesn't work here, either. For example, someone asks Autolog to be mandatory for all Designated Player. That's just absurd. You can require logs, but you can't force a DP to install the Autolog mod (which is of unknown quality). The logs I've written manually are by far superior to the Autolog, I dare claim.

Third, I am honored by the confidence the people has shown in me by electing me, but I am not flattered by the "power" I'm given, and I certainly don't feel "lucky" that I can actually play the game while others cannot. If you want to play, candidate for the DP pool. I've spent a lot of time and done a lot of work for this game, and I deserve respect for that. I am not begging anyone for the position I hold like a dog begs to his master for a bone, nor did I or would I earn my position through such a way.

Fourth and last, I have to repeat my call for active participation. In the real world, you can (try to) command your politicians to "do this and that" because you contribute to the society by paying your taxes. Here you can ask for this and that if you contribute in some other way. Active involvement is required before you have the moral right to demand anything. So, before you wonder what the elected officials can do for you, ask yourself what you can do for the game.

Bottom line is, democracy works like this: Whoever contributes more should have more say, not the other way around. You're asking people who actually go the extra mile and do the dirty work to completely surrender themselves -
that would be very wrong, and that's not gonna happen.

Moderator Action: Not on this forum it doesn't. Whoever wants to participate, can. You are not permitted to exclude anyone because of the number of posts, or their participation level.
Please read the forum rules: http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=422889

This post may be yet another unpopular writing of mine, but what needs to be said needs to be said.

Blkbird said:
... Whoever contributes more should have more say, not the other way around. ...

Well, there might be a problem with that because how to judge the contribution. By the numebr of posts here in Demogame? Or by the number of pictures posted? Or may be go the other way around and judge not by the number of posts but my how deep these posts are and how well they reflect actual political situation and the in-game position as well? That is pretty much confusing. IMHO, if there is an elected official, that official has to have certain right and duties. One of the duties of the officials is to listen to the opinions of the citizens and try to take into account and accomodate as much of these opinions in the gameplay process as reasonably possible. I don't see why installing an autolog mode is not possible to do. The argument type "I don't like it" imho is not a valid argument. Indeed, there is a utility for extraction of autologs from the save game file which works nicely but does not require autolog mod to be installed. It is however questionable as to whether is does produce the same result but still some resolution of the situation. The utility does not require Civ4 to be installed and is run as a separate program. The thread is here:

http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=141769

@ Blkbird ... and i have big problems with your attitude.

A simple request for information about the game ... a turn log and screenies ... which should be the least that a Turn Taker does for the rest of the game members, was met with a distainful brushoff.

I can see that you have done a lot of work ... however that does not give you the right to sprout and prance about the threads as if you are above everyone else.

Nowhere is it written that you need to have the game working on your system to participate ... I do not :( and have joined this game to have fun and to learn about the game ...

Your statement about being more equal than others is totally offensive !!! ... as a member of the game I AM EQUAL TO YOU so lose your attitude cos It is becoming stale and if you have nothing positive to add then kindly cease ... It is clear that your ego has been bruised so if you need to vent then vent in a PM to me.

I do not know what forums you usually hangout in but you are fast becoming an irritant ... learn some nettiquette !!! ... Here at CFC we treat fellow forum users with respect !!!

For your information, I have reported you to the mods and will continue everytime your repeat a similar flame :mad:

Moderator Action: Calm down and don't fan the flames.

fe3333au said:
Your statement about being more equal than others is totally offensive !!! ... as a member of the game I AM EQUAL TO YOU so lose your attitude cos It is becoming stale and if you have nothing positive to add then kindly cease ... It is clear that your ego has been bruised so if you need to vent then vent in a PM to me.

Your understanding of equalness is totally ill. Executives have executive power, without it they would not be able to properly conduct their business. In the real world executives do not only have their executive power, they have previledges that come with the office, too. There is nothing un-democratic about it. Do you complain about the fact that the leaders of your country (in the real world) get free transport, free security escourt, free staff working for them, etc. and you don't? Do you demand to be treated equal because you live in a democracy?

In the demogame the executive don't even have any those privileges. But they do have certain executive power, they get to decide how to run their offices and how to get the results they're required to deliver. This is the only way things can work. With power comes responsibility, and responsibility cannot exist without power. You are actually demanding responsibility from the offcials while unwilling to give them the required power. The game would be doomed if it were like that.

Contrary to what some people think, democracy is *not* dictatorship of the mass. The principle of equalness remains untouched as long as the power (and priviledges, if any) is directly linked to the office and justified by its duty, because everyone has an equal chance of running for those offices.

Buddha loves you =] Peace for everyone, and everybody hug.

Blkbird King of Spam and Off Topic ... this become tedius ... you win you are indeed more equal then me ... see you in the election ;)

btw Happy year of the Dog everyone :beer: ... they say that everyone has his day

Top Bottom