Screenies and Turn Log

fe3333au

Deity
:hammer: Just wondering ... Who is it that is responsible to post Screenies and a Turn Log for those of us too lazy to DL and sift through hours of chat :hmm:

I admit that this is my first demogame experience ... but in the multiplayer C3C demogame we have the Turn Taker (President) who posts the screenies within a report of happenings for the turn.

Surely there would be more people than just I that cannot open the game save and are using this demogame experience to learn (and have fun) about cIV ... while we save our cash to upgrade the various components in our systems to make it cIV compatible. :(

I for one would like (and dare I say demand) this game to report properly and in an easy to follow format ... and in an easy to find location ... if it wasn't for our gallant idiot Tubby :salute: I would still be unaware of what's been going on :mad:

Another reason for a superior update ... is that I was told that landmarks and areas of the map can be labelled ... I was led to believe that this would be open to citizens to propose various signage on the map ... how can we do this if the majority is left in the dark?

Things I would have liked to have had the option of labelling ... places where things have happened ie ...
> first contact with other civilizations
> places where our unit's get attacked
> interesting landscapes and terrain eg. Rivers and Mountains
> where our units sit down and have a ... ummmm ... rest :beer:

Also were we not also going to name our units ??? ... what happened to that idea ???

Summary Rave
I dare say I am not the only 'player' who feels totally left in the dark ... the people that we have elected owe it to us to report in a more substantial manner ... or maybe in the next elections others can replace those in current positions :evil:

Friendly promise guys (and gals) ... up to you if you take heed or not :p :goodjob:

You blame others for the fact that you're not well informed, while the true reason is that you're just too lazy to inform yourself.

Btw, you're posting in the wrong forum. Try the Citizens' subforum next time.

Instead of chastising me and acting all superior ... why not give me and others a link? :rolleyes:

EDIT ... you could also inform me where screenies and a turn summary is posted ... as mentioned I checked a folder titled Screenies which was empty.

If you have trouble being at all helpfull then perhaps you could refrain from spamming my legitimate query :p

Blkbird said:
Game Session 2 will be held by me on Saturday, 21 Jan. 24:00 UTC (7pm EST). It will be either offline or non-interactively online.
Maybe you need to explain why a democracy would be non-interactive or offline. How are we expected to trust you if you can't answer a simple question?

The demogame is hard ot understand bilkbird so be a bit lighter on people new to the game also some of us dont have hours to sift through the non important buisness of the demogame but still like to contribute. Part of the reason for the disarray Fe is that we dont actually have a president right now.

Farout blkbird :wow:

I just read what was in your sig proudly proclaims :shakehead

As the founding member of the Center for Freedom of Information and Transparency of the Government (CFITG) you should be absolutely ashamed of yourself ... this surely goes against what the CFITG should stand for ... or was this just some party that sounded good because it used multi-syllabic pseudo-political wording :lol:

Lose the attitude buddy and let US all enjoy OUR game !!!

Instead of all the arogance why not lighten up ... and assist a member who is further down the joining chain than your 152th place :rolleyes:

Blkbird is Founder of Center for Freedom of Information and Transparency of the Government (CFITG)? :rotfl:
A quick check reveals that CFITG has 4 members including the founder. Well I'm surprised :D. Ever heard about the word "discrepancy"?
Reading the turnchat strengthens the impression of someone who thinks he knows a little bit better what is best for all...the enlightened despot appears. I think someone just underestimated the Power :crazyeye: .

Blkbird is not very nice. Everyone has a right to this information, and it is not being presented very cleary. Who really wants to download the turnchat and sift through all that junk. Just give us the recap!

Good job, fe, on realizing the inequities here. I have read several posts this morning about Blkbird and the kind of job he is doing. Something is obviously wrong.

fe3333au said:
As the founding member of the Center for Freedom of Information and Transparency of the Government (CFITG) you should be absolutely ashamed of yourself ... this surely goes against what the CFITG should stand for ...

I have to admit you have a point there. I was wrong.

However there is a decisive difference between "uninformedness because information has been intentionally made inaccessible" and "uninformedness because information is not delivered to me in a way that matches my personal preference of convienience". I still have the impression the latter is the case here - unless someone proves me wrong.

For all information you've been asking are indeed available. None of it is hard to find either. Though I agree that the Screenshot thread and the Turnchat thread should not be empty, screenshots, saves and turnchat records can be found in this very prominent thread:

http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=154121

Once again, I agree you've caught me neglecting my own principles while being defensive in my role as an Goverment Official. On the other hand, I knew something like this would eventually happen, that's why I put the "automatic suspension" clause into the CFITG's manifest to avoid exactly this kind of conflict of interest.

For all information you've been asking are indeed available. None of it is hard to find either. Though I agree that the Screenshot thread and the Turnchat thread should not be empty, screenshots, saves and turnchat records can be found in this very prominent thread:
Blkbird, The one that you mention is only for one turnchat. Are you planning on updating that thread after you finish tonight? NO. There are two threads that should have the turn set summary and screenshots of pertinent information. These were created, stickied and abandoned. I hadn't posted in there because the first post has a statement to the effect that the DP is supposed to post the summany and/or screenshots.

Blkbird said:

Sorry, but that thread is supposed to contain only instructions, there should have bee a separate thread for screenshots and chat. :confused:

Also, I still cannot see the "official" screenshots there. Is anything wrong with my browser? I'm using Netscape or Firefox. We are talking discriminatory politics here towards citizens which do not use Internet Explorer. This severely interferes with the rights of citizens for a free access to information about the game.

When you post something and say that the information is accessible and it is not indeed, at least for some citizens, this is a bit disturbing. I'm not sure if it is a violation of a law however unpleasant it is.

akots said:
Also, I still cannot see the "official" screenshots there. Is anything wrong with my browser? I'm using Netscape or Firefox. We are talking discriminatory politics here towards citizens which do not use Internet Explorer. This severely interferes with the rights of citizens for a free access to information about the game.

When you post something and say that the information is accessible and it is not indeed, at least for some citizens, this is a bit disturbing. I'm not sure if it is a violation of a law however unpleasant it is.

I use Firefox only myself, I can see the screenshot with both Firefox 1.0 and 1.5. There can hardly any "discrimination" with simple JPEG images, you're jumping too fast to that accusation.

Tubby Rower said:
Blkbird, The one that you mention is only for one turnchat. Are you planning on updating that thread after you finish tonight? NO. There are two threads that should have the turn set summary and screenshots of pertinent information. These were created, stickied and abandoned. I hadn't posted in there because the first post has a statement to the effect that the DP is supposed to post the summany and/or screenshots.

Yes, indeed I planned and still plan to update those two threads. I even messaged Chieftess to remind her to post in those two threads, and that was before this discussion here started.

akots said:
Sorry, but that thread is supposed to contain only instructions, there should have bee a separate thread for screenshots and chat. :confused:

We normally post screenshots and summaries in the instruction thread, and add them to the global screenshot and summary threads.

On not being able to see the screenshots -- they are posted as links, not images, so the screenshot should open in another browser when you click on them. Are you saying that nothing displays even when you click on the link?

Although we customarily ask the DP to update the official screenshots and turn summary threads, there doesn't appear to be any reason why a citizen can't do it.

So, where are the screenies? I see you still have to be a chat monger and be able to look at the save yourself in order to experience the demogame. I was able to follow the warm up game a bit because each player posted stuff about their *reign*.

Many of the posts in this thread are by active MSDG players. Even though there are four different teams it seems most have been posting screenies, etc. so team members can follow along with out looking at the save. It is too bad those in this demogame still can't make game info readily available to citizens. Doing so might increase participation.

So, I ask again, where are the screenies?

In the thread suggested by blkbird there is the turnchat, saves and 1 screenie. For those who can dl saves I see no big prob, even if it would be easier for citizens to just open screenies, but for us who doesn't have cIV running well/at all, things are a bit foggy. I'm looking fwd to more screenies and hoping that those in position to post such will be kind enough to do so.
Side note: Having a closed turn session because you want to concentrate in solitude seems odd for a gamer who is so concerned about participating in other DP's doings. Maybe the gamer in question has the firm opinion that others will not cope without his comments while he himself will do fine without others interrupting?

Maybe we can use this thread to actually outline what WE as players would like in the way of screenies and reporting ... that way the elected officials will take note and be aware of what our requirements are ...

I would like screenies of the big map and then closeups of anything interesting.

I would like regular (but not every turn) pophead screenies.

I would also want a written summary of what has occured in the turn ... and specifically outlining what options there are prior to a change happening ... ie. if a tech is popped then I want to see what the turn player sees when choosing options.

Clarification is also required for myself ... How many turns are played in each session?

donsig, screenies so far are only in the Idiot Partee thread. We blather on a bit so you might have to go back a couple of pages.

fe, right now turn sessions are 10 turns. I imagine later they will be trimmed down maybe to 5 but I don't know. I like your suggestions fe. We can start a poll after a bit more discussion is done. A multiple option poll might be in order to allow all of the options and let people decide what they want to see.

Daghdha said:
Side note: Having a closed turn session because you want to concentrate in solitude seems odd for a gamer who is so concerned about participating in other DP's doings. Maybe the gamer in question has the firm opinion that others will not cope without his comments while he himself will do fine without others interrupting?

It's about self-assessment. I know I can do a very good job offline, but I'm not sure if I can do just as well online. Since this is my first turn in this game, I'd like to be careful.

Chieftess on the other side is an extremely experience player. I'm sure she can deal with pretty much everything that comes up during a turn chat.

I'll play online eventually in the future, when I feel I'm ready for it.

Top Bottom