[SDK/MOD] Throughout the Ages v1.0

well atm I cannot. It requires me to upload to 3d dowloads. This will take over 1 hr and my entire bandwidth. I live with my father and he needs the internet for work so I can hog it atm.

However, I will get it done at the earliest convenience, so in the meantime I suggest you try reinstalling everything about the mod and see if it works after that. Perhaps something was misplaced.

ok it works but it takes 1k turns for first tech so i went to worldbuilder and built about 250 citys in WB and techtakes 700 turns

dimaliok said:
ok it works but it takes 1k turns for first tech so i went to worldbuilder and built about 250 citys in WB and techtakes 700 turns

that can't be...

I reduced the tech cost by 50% to help with that. 250 cities would lag most PC's and even if you had a map that could fit that many it would make a huge difference. Not a small one.

Suffice it to say you are right, it does take about 1k turns to do the first tech. That's the whole point. Don't worry about the techs, just build cities and an army of warrior to protect those cities and workers to build farms and roads to connect your cities. Concentrate on that first, once you have about25 cities (on marathon) and research the first tech, then you can aim for Alphabet. Once you have that and writing you can build libraries and research which will make a huge difference. You should be able to research techs every 100 turns or so and as you cities grow, the turn requirement will continue to drop.

The truth is, I still don't have enough techs in this mod. I need a lot more or some way to increase the length of time in the later stages of the game. Perhaps a reduced effect of libraries and other research boosters. The main reason for this is the era/year aspect. The eras don't match up with the years. You can get to the classical era by 500AD, and then medieval by about 800AD, but after that the eras are not matching up well. I'm uncertain what to do about this. It might take a lot more testing before I can actually devise a better approach to make the game as long as I would like it to be. ;)

I basically want to have this kind of era to year matchup:

4000BC - 500AD = Ancient
500AD - 1200AD = Classical
1200AD - 1550AD = Medieval
1550AD - 1800AD = Renaissance
1800AD - 1950AD = Industrial
1950AD - 2100AD = Modern
2100AD and later = Future.

If anyone has any suggestions I am all for them. Hopefully if there are some good ideas I'll make some changes and do some testing on it and see if I can get it to work better. ;)

dimaliok said:
Not mine;) I have windows XP

lol it's not a matter of OS... it's a matter of memory, videocard, and CPU power. I can't have too many cities... or the game takes like 5 min to run a turn sequence... and my PC is quite fast.

If you managed 250 cities that's truely impressive though. ;)

Hi there. I'm new to the many possibilities with these mods, so forgive me if this seems like a silly question. Is it possible to import other civs into this mod and, if so, how does one do that?

I love this mod, but I'd REALLY like to play it as, for example, the Cherokee or the Abyssinians.

Top Bottom