1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

[SDK MODCOMP] Vicinity Bonus

Discussion in 'Civ4 - Mod Components' started by Shqype, Apr 7, 2008.

1. Afforess

Afforess The White Wizard

The game doesn't know if it has them or not beforehand. If you look at the code, you'll see that it is looping through every city plot, and checking to see if there is a resource that is needed.

2. os79

os79 Deity

OK. So are you saying that because the resources are not automatically known in the beginning of the game, that this code have to continually look around in case the resource spawn in this turn?

My major is in history and my time dedicated to studying that C++ book I told you about earlier this summer was seriously cut short by this semester. Being a senior is not a funny thing *sigh*.

3. os79

os79 Deity

One more question:

Do the code still run even when I remove module for it from my Modules folder?

4. Afforess

It checks to see if your city can construct or train a unit each turn, so it has to check this code each turn.

Yes. Why wouldn't it?

5. os79

os79 Deity

Thanks for the info.

Well, I removed your Vicinity Bonus module folder for now till I have time to play slow game in future. But I was wondering if the code for VBM should stop working because it is pointless if it still runs when I don't have VBM installed in my game. I'm not talking about DLL code in general, I am talking about VBM code itself.

6. Afforess

There is no way for it not to. You might as well complain about the game checking if each city has access to power, even in the beginning of the game. Not my fault, that Firaxis decided on one centralized datastructure.

7. os79

os79 Deity

Point well taken.
    Thanks.

8. Shqype

Shqype Shqyptar

I'm honored that a wizard of your caliber found use with one of my modcomps ;)

And yes, I'm back. At least for now, hopefully for good :)

Good luck with your classes!

I recently graduated with a Double Major in History and Political Science. I loved all my history classes. Hopefully now I'll find some time to update, improve, and expand on my modcomps, as well as release some more.

9. keldath

keldath LivE LonG AnD PrOsPeR

Shqype? your still here buddy?

sweet!

c'ammon buddy we need to see some more of you superb work!!!

10. Shqype

Shqype Shqyptar

Yea, I'm back! And thank you for the kind words. I didn't realize I had such fans :p

11. keldath

keldath LivE LonG AnD PrOsPeR

alright!!!

im not moving without your mods buddy!!!

heres a first requast ...:)
    how about some simple mod that makes resources to decay and reappear around the map?