1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Second to discover?

Discussion in 'Civ4 - Creation & Customization' started by Dryhad, Mar 5, 2006.

1. Dryhad

Dryhad Prince

I was thinking about how some techs give bonuses to the first civilisation to discover them, and I was wondering if it was possible to add some sort of effect to the second civilisation to discover something as well? I was thinking mainly in terms of religion; it doesn't really make sense to discover something like Polytheism and not have a religion to go with it, plus it can add a level of variation to religions. So a few questions:

1. Has someone already done this and by even mentioning it I'm displaying unspeakable noobness?
    2. If not, is it concievably possible?
    3. If so, how would one go about trying to make it happen?

2. Kael

Kael Deity

Its the first time I have seen the idea mentioned.

Yes.

As in everything there are multiple way. Could could run through each of the players and add up the amount of players that have it, if it equal 1 then kick off an event. Or you can do checks on the religion, if the first religon isnt found then found that, if the second isnt founded then found that, etc etc.

3. Dryhad

Dryhad Prince

Ok, how would I do any of these things? What file would I need to edit (I'm guessing python, from the sound of it) and how?

4. IVZanIV

IVZanIV Warlord

It is Python, but I know nothing about it.

5. Carmina

Carmina Chieftain

What about making a new religion, i.e animism, that all civ have at start, and with very low spread speed, and no other kind of advantages ?

6. Dryhad

Dryhad Prince

That would explain the whole polytheism thing, but that's really just the surface of what could be done with multiple discovery triggers.

7. Kael

Kael Deity

Definitly python. Probably an interrupt in the techAcquired function in CvEventManager.pv.