Second to discover?

Dryhad

Prince
I was thinking about how some techs give bonuses to the first civilisation to discover them, and I was wondering if it was possible to add some sort of effect to the second civilisation to discover something as well? I was thinking mainly in terms of religion; it doesn't really make sense to discover something like Polytheism and not have a religion to go with it, plus it can add a level of variation to religions. So a few questions:

1. Has someone already done this and by even mentioning it I'm displaying unspeakable noobness?
2. If not, is it concievably possible?
3. If so, how would one go about trying to make it happen?

Dryhad said:
I was thinking about how some techs give bonuses to the first civilisation to discover them, and I was wondering if it was possible to add some sort of effect to the second civilisation to discover something as well? I was thinking mainly in terms of religion; it doesn't really make sense to discover something like Polytheism and not have a religion to go with it, plus it can add a level of variation to religions. So a few questions:

1. Has someone already done this and by even mentioning it I'm displaying unspeakable noobness?

Its the first time I have seen the idea mentioned.

2. If not, is it concievably possible?

Yes.

3. If so, how would one go about trying to make it happen?

As in everything there are multiple way. Could could run through each of the players and add up the amount of players that have it, if it equal 1 then kick off an event. Or you can do checks on the religion, if the first religon isnt found then found that, if the second isnt founded then found that, etc etc.

Kael said:
As in everything there are multiple way. Could could run through each of the players and add up the amount of players that have it, if it equal 1 then kick off an event. Or you can do checks on the religion, if the first religon isnt found then found that, if the second isnt founded then found that, etc etc.
Ok, how would I do any of these things? What file would I need to edit (I'm guessing python, from the sound of it) and how?

Dryhad said:
I was thinking mainly in terms of religion; it doesn't really make sense to discover something like Polytheism and not have a religion to go with it, plus it can add a level of variation to religions.

What about making a new religion, i.e animism, that all civ have at start, and with very low spread speed, and no other kind of advantages ?

Carmina said:
What about making a new religion, i.e animism, that all civ have at start, and with very low spread speed, and no other kind of advantages ?
That would explain the whole polytheism thing, but that's really just the surface of what could be done with multiple discovery triggers.

Dryhad said:
Ok, how would I do any of these things? What file would I need to edit (I'm guessing python, from the sound of it) and how?

Definitly python. Probably an interrupt in the techAcquired function in CvEventManager.pv.

Top Bottom