1. We have added the ability to collapse/expand forum categories and widgets on forum home.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Photobucket has changed its policy concerning hotlinking images and now requires an account with a $399.00 annual fee to allow hotlink. More information is available at: this link.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. All Civ avatars are brought back and available for selection in the Avatar Gallery! There are 945 avatars total.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. To make the site more secure, we have installed SSL certificates and enabled HTTPS for both the main site and forums.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Civ6 is released! Order now! (Amazon US | Amazon UK | Amazon CA | Amazon DE | Amazon FR)
    Dismiss Notice
  6. Dismiss Notice
  7. Forum account upgrades are available for ad-free browsing.
    Dismiss Notice

Secret Police HQ

Discussion in 'Civ3 - General Discussions' started by EdwardTking, Dec 12, 2003.

1. EdwardTking

EdwardTking Chieftain

I built the Secret Police HQ and my corruption increased.

I thought it was supposed to decrease corruption?!

Was playing as Hittites with about 128 cities and built secret Police HQ a fair way from Forbidden Palace and Palace.

Anyone else had this, has an explanation?

2. microbe

microbe Cascaded Mansion

Yes, read the BUGS section, and the list of bugfixs in the upcoming patch.

3. The Economist

The Economist Chieftain

The forbidden Palace also increases corruption as of now. Don't build either until the beta patch thingy comes out and you've installed it.

4. JustBen

JustBen Chieftain

I've been wondering this for a while, but haven't played an epic game long enough to be able to answer the question myself (cf. corruption & gpt bugs). If you switch out of Communism, does it turn the Secret Police HQ off? Or do you just need to hop into Communism, build it, and then hop out to get its effects for as long as you want?

I know how I think it should work, and obviously you don't want to keep it around pre-patch, but this seems like an important question post-patch.