Secretary of State- Open Borders

greekguy

Missed the Boat
I think it is time to decide what we should do concerning Open Borders agreements in the future. Are there any nations with which we would want to sign them with? Russia? Mongols? Open Borders is one of the most useful diplomatic tool. They can help turn an opponent into a valuable ally, if we keep Open Borders up with them for years. So, should we sign Open Borders with any foreign nations?

Furiey said:
We are talking about building a city that will form a choke point, to prevent (or at least help to prevent) other Civs settling in "our" land. Do we really then want to sign open borders that will allow them to do just that?

Well how long until we can sign them, because by the time we actually can sign them we will have more than likely covered the land or at least enough to make it less appealing. i dont believe we should sign with the mongols because i can see us going to war with them fairly sharpish.

No filthy Mongols in our home peninsula until and unless we have it fully settled. If they are foolish enough to settle there afterwards - and if there is no war - then they'll be smothered by our culture.

Absolutely no open borders with the Mongols.

I agree. Mongols will never be good neighbors so I'd prefer not to allow access.

We should just limit our Open Borders treaties with Civs that are not right at our borders to prevent them from crossing our borders and setteling right in our spear of influence.

We should hold off on open borders, just untill our land is settled. THEN we should open our borders. *Cough*And send missionaries*cough*

Open borders with far away civs are a good way to start off with positive relations, or at least neutral. We should definitely avoid open borders with nearby civs until we have completed our settlement of the immediate area.

Missionaries are a good thing if we don't found a religion too, in the sense that we should allow missionaries to come in. Later in the game it is useful to have every religion represented in every city.

Top Bottom