Seeking an Icon Artist

whoward69

DLL Minion
I've finally had enough of mistaking one "8 pointed star on a blue background" for another in the tech tree and have come up with a database driven way to give each tech enhancement its own icon - and only default to the star if nothing else is available

Except it's a well known fact that a 6yr old with a crayon has more artistic talent that I do!

So I need someone to produce the icons ... :please:

Required icons sizes are 64 and 45. There can be one or many icon sheets (did I mention the code's data driven ...)

The following icons are needed
  • Improvement boosts (one per improvement including GP specials, thought these could be the standard improvement icons with a + sign)
  • Route boosts (thought these could be the standard road and rail icons with a + sign)
  • Land/Sea Trade Route boosts (though these could be a camel and ship with a + sign)
  • Bridges
  • Coastal Embarkation
  • Ocean Embarkation
  • Faster Embarked Movement
  • Additional Trade Route
  • Embassies
  • Open Borders
  • Research Agreements
  • Def Pacts
  • World Congress
  • World Congress Boost
  • Tourism Boost
  • Reveal Map

They need to be uniform/consistent - ideally silver on blue to keep with the "8 pointed star" colour theme

Any takers?

TIA

W

Attachments

• TechEnhIcons.jpg
    TechEnhIcons.jpg
    33.2 KB · Views: 232
  • TechTreeIcons.jpg
    TechTreeIcons.jpg
    37.4 KB · Views: 233
I might be able to help later today. Would probably try to use Tirian's method with models first. The improvement boosts should be easy enough, provided I can find the icons of the improvements. :)

Might be better to start from the build icons (as they come in 64 and 45 sizes)

I've extracted them from the .fpk files (and converted the two files into pngs), they can be found here https://www.dropbox.com/s/6436m9fvlc3jpt7/UnitActions.zip?dl=0

Edit: Haven't located the Terrace Farm yet (it's UnitAction64_DLC_02.dds and UnitAction45_DLC_02.dds if anyone happens to know which .fpk file they're in)

DOWNLOAD

So, here they are. Took longer than I expected :lol:

I think it's pretty straightforward; starting with the Improvement Boosts, followed by the Road/Railroad Boosts, Land/Sea Trade Route Boosts, Bridges, Embark (coastal), Cross Oceans, Extra Embarked Movement, Additional Trade Route, Open Borders, Research Agreement, Defensive Pact, World Congress, World Congress Boost, Tourism Boost and Reveal Entire Map.

Edit: Haven't located the Terrace Farm yet (it's UnitAction64_DLC_02.dds and UnitAction45_DLC_02.dds if anyone happens to know which .fpk file they're in)

DX9\SpanishIsabellaTextures.fpk (not IncanPachacutiTextures.fpk as one might expect).

DOWNLOAD

So, here they are. Took longer than I expected :lol:

I think it's pretty straightforward; starting with the Improvement Boosts, followed by the Road/Railroad Boosts, Land/Sea Trade Route Boosts, Bridges, Embark (coastal), Cross Oceans, Extra Embarked Movement, Additional Trade Route, Open Borders, Research Agreement, Defensive Pact, World Congress, World Congress Boost, Tourism Boost and Reveal Entire Map.

Wow absolutely brilliant DJSHenninger, I think you have a unique talent for this, your blue/silver icons for your improvements are just perfect too nice job man :goodjob:

for use with modded Unique Improvements.
Anything without a specific icon will still use the 10-point star, so a "blank plus" is not really needed (as you're just replacing one generic icon with another)

Anything without a specific icon will still use the 10-point star, so a "blank plus" is not really needed (as you're just replacing one generic icon with another)

Well, I was imagining it could be overlayed over the improvement's own icon automatically. But of course it isn't a very big deal at all, since the generic 10-point star will stick out among the specific icons anyway.

Ah, see what you mean ... I thought you meant a plus on a blue circle background.

Unfortunately, a plus on a transparent background wouldn't work either - as icons are required in 64 and 45 sizees, and improvements only have one of those (64 IIRC)

Top Bottom