Seeking someone to play Civ4 with!

skalapunk

Chieftain
Hi all, I'm new to these forums, and I recently picked up Civ4 (I'm so addicted to it right now, it's an awesome game)

Anyways, for some reason NON of my friends are interested in it, or they aren't "into" it as much as I am. I am seeking someone to play with on a regular basis in the evenings. As of this post I play from about 5:30pm MST - midnight MST. If you are in the same boat as I am, or are interested at all, please reply to this message or send a message to "skalapunk" on AIM.

Thanks, hope to talk to someone soon!

Hey welcome, you could check out the Mature Players Association. Alternatively you can just talk to people in the lobby, or if you're for some serious gaming you could try www.myleague.com/civ4players

enjoy the game!

How does PBEM work? Something about mailing the savegame file to eachother so the next person can go, rinse repeat? To me that sounds time consuming and contains little to NO interaction with the other players..is this true? Do I not understand the concept?

Please explain lol ;)

PBEM is the way to go for players who can't devote 3 consecutive hours of playtime, and also for newbies or those who like to take their time with moves for strategic reasons or to learn the game.

For the beginning game, it is kinda boring because there are many turns where you just hit the 'Enter' key and send it back. However, if you get to the modern age, turns can take 20-30 mins for those who have many units and micromanage them.

I recommend giving it a try, but be patient. It'll be a little boring at first, but I find it more rewarding in the end in giving you the chance to strategize without the time pressures. Also, keep to a small group at first, as larger groups tend to have long periods before the turn will get back to you.

I think I'd rather just straight regular Direct Connect Civ games with dedicated and serious players.. not to say that PBEM isn't a good way to go. Skala, you'll probably remember me, i'm still extremely interested in playing more Civ games. So keep in touch, maybe message my civfanatics account and we can set up a game.. Free for most of this weekend but gotta do some homework! Same goes for any serious player with a lot of time and is good mannered ;).

Top Bottom