setting change for 1860 / 1940 scenarion

xxJFKxx

Chieftain
dear all,

i need your advice for a simple but important change (at least for me ...).
1860 looks great and i want to start this scenario today but its very disturbing to produce settlers. i hate to see little african settlements in the east of sibiria ...

how can i deactivate settlers in the scenario (or game)?

thanks
jfk

Firstly I don't know, (plenty of people will though so i expect you'll get your answer).

However, just to say that in these scenarios i have noticed settlers are made very expensive, probably to counter the urge and ability for civs to do this.

Also, especially in 1940 the world is very very populated. I've never ever seen an African civ settling in Siberia. Come to think of it I really don't think there's many places to settle at all and such is the time it takes to travel the map thatthese places (such as a few spots in North Canada and the Amazon) are always populated by the local civ(s) in my games before anyone else can get there.

So I guess i'd advise that in the meantime boot your game up and see if it's fine anyway because you may find that this is not actually a problem especially in 1940.

The too expensive settlers is not good solution because the AI can bug itself with tring to build unbuildable setlers everywhere at some point.
I'm sure that units can be deactivated completely but i don't know how.

Top Bottom