Settlement Locations: Iron & Wine

should we build the iron city on the yellow dot and wine city on the blue dot?

• Yes

Votes: 9 47.4%
  • No

Votes: 6 31.6%
  • Abstain

Votes: 4 21.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

DaveShack

Inventor
Retired Moderator
This poll is to verify citizen approval of the locations for our next 2 cities. One settler is already in position to build our iron city in the upcoming chat, and if we form another settlement party prior to the end of the chat we need a 2nd location.

This poll is for the yellow and dark blue sites from the map. The cyan and red sites are still under discussion and will probably be adjusted.

Link to discussion thread.

This poll will remain open for 2 days (48 hours).

Question: Does voting yes in this poll mean we also accept the light blue dot as our third city?

The yellow is ok, but the second city should get us the Dyes; we are already roasding to it.
The 3rd city can be the dark blue location.
I'm not sure about lightblue's location.

Under these conditions I vote "yes" (which is a "No" to lightblue and red).

Dave said "Next Two Cities". So obviously, it's sites one and two we're voting on.

Are we really going to build the Iron City two tiles away from the Iron? Doing this will mean we would have to build a Temple or colony to even gain access to it in a timely manner, as the Iron is would not be within the initial 9-tile radius. I would move the Yellow site one tile NE.

Sorry, but I have to vote No on this measure as presented.

Yellow one - certainly YES. Blue is questionable...
But if we plan to place a city on the North cost, then probably Blue point is the best from all possible alternatives... Because if we would move it to decrease intersection with other future cities, then we will eventually increase intersection with North Costal future cities... And Northen Costal cities may be vital for us in future as sea superpower... So My vote is YES.

Even if we DO get the iron, we have too few cities to be productive. I don't know about you, but I've been paranoid about losing my iron lately. (Maybe that's just after playing C3C...)

Sorry, DS. I just don't like this map at all. Yellow should be next to Iron to the SE, Dark Blue should be next to wines to the NW. Light Blue should be 1 tile East, next to the lake. I also think the city following the Iron City should be by the Dyes. :D

If we built another city one square north and then one NE from the iron, I believe the borders would fill in to include the iron.

The Yellow site as proposed will not get us Iron for quite some time. We are looking at what will most likely be a 70% corrupt city site that won't build a Temple for 30-40 turns.

Yet the people have spoken, it seems. :( Hope we are ready to burn a worker on a Colony, or burn a few citizens in a pop rush.

Well, if you want a war, then I hope that desert sure is productive (1 food irragated isn't gonna get us very far...), or our 3 (2 1/2 actually) workers are super fast jungle clearing machines, since we're not in good shape no matter where we build. Sure those cities are going to be corrupt, but it's the only good land we have. Previous demogames, we had GREAT production cores, so we could afford early wars.

Take a look at the F1 screen.

DR - size 3 - 5spt (sword every 6 turns)
VM - size 2 - 3spt (sword every 10 turns)
VD - size 2 - 2spt (sword every 15 turns)

If we want to be whipping out swords anytime soon, DR is gonna need a lot of mining done on those hills. It needs to max out at size 9 for a sword every 2 turns.

Vo Mimbre would need to be at size 7 to have 10spt (sword every 3).

Vandelay's gonna need the most help, since it's mostly floodplains, but can still get 10spt.

All 3 of these cities need to be at, or well over size 7 to be productive, and that's a lot of work. In the meantime, we could do a warrior upgrade if we wanted while "Ironfish" is building a temple. I really don't want to use up a worker for a colony. If we use a colony now, then we have to focus on swords NOW. Our core cities just aren't productive yet, and half of them, the citizens are seemingly choosing to stick them neck deep in the jungle!

I don't want to pursue any of my stated options yet either, CT, but that is exactly what we will have to do if this poll passes.

Also, I am sure we are not intending war anytime soon, so perhaps we will have no worries for the time being. However, I would hate to find ourselves in a situation where we have to scramble to connect the Iron and field a formidable Sword army, so your concerns are quite valid as well.

I need to look at the save before I comment further on your concerns, but a simple adjustment in city placement will take care of my main issue here. :)

Vote No.

Even if we do vote yet, the least we do is secure that iron. The AI in vanilla and PTW *NEVER* build a city right next to your border, but 1 tile away. (If you have 2 cities with a 2 tile gap between the borders, the AI won't settle there). It's only in C3C that the AI is a bit more bold.

Top Bottom