1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Settling next to a tile of another city

Discussion in 'Civ6 - Strategy & Tips' started by Victoria, Mar 3, 2019.

1. Victoria

Victoria Regina Supporter

I had never this noticed before but I guess it makes sense.
    When you settle a city next to a tile of another city it allocated 6 new tiles to the founded city and so a 2nd ring tile is allocated
    upload_2019-3-3_11-26-58.png

sa1vy, WideCoast and Noble Zarkon like this.
  2. greenblade

greenblade Chieftain

Great observation! And it does make sense. I've notice that if there were no districts, or wonders, on the other city's tile, then the new city would steal the tile from the other city.

Victoria and WideCoast like this.
  3. Nigel_Tufnel2

Nigel_Tufnel2 King

I've been caught by this a few times. I will buy a 3rd ring Wheat tile to try to dissuade an AI Settler, but they just plop down the city anyway. Sometimes the new city's 6th tile was one I wanted more!

4. greenblade

greenblade Chieftain

This is not true in GS anymore. Yesterday I settled a city next to a tile owned by Tamar, trying the steal the luxury resource on that tile. But it didn't claim that tile. Instead it was assigned another tile on the 2nd ring, just like @Victoria described in the OP.