Several Questions

Spikerocks101

Warlord
Hello Civfanatics,
I have come here with a few questions after recently returning to this great game but for some reason some of the things about it still confuse me. I will list the question I have below:

1: Is there any additional benefits to Happy Citizens? I know that if have more unhappy people then happy people, the city has disorder, and also that if you have more the half the city happy with out unhappy people, you get WLTK, but is there any additional benefit beyond that? I am not saying there should be, just curious.

2: What exactly happens when you have a bombard unit amongst your defence force when your city gets attacked? In this example, lets say you have a spear and an archer in your city, and it is attacked by a swordsman. The archer gives off a shot to the sword before the attack begins, but what does that shot do? Is it always for certain to happen? What is the math behind it? This one is pretty important for me, for I want to maximize my defence force.

3: Do combat bonus stack? For example, if I have a rifle on a grassland fortification, would its defence be 12.6 (base 6, +50% for fort, +25% for fort upgrade, +10% for grassland, and +25% for fortified, for a total of +110%)?

4: Is there a list of all buildings effected by the discounted traits? For example, I know temples are 50% off if you are religious, but what other buildings are there?

This is it for now, thank you.

1 - More happy citizens equals higher score. Of course, it keeps the city out of disorder and productive. Also, if a city has We Love The (King) Day (WLTKD), corruption is reduced in that city.

2 - If you have a unit that has can bombard, it gets one shot each turn before the attacking unit attacks. If successful, it can lower the attacking unit by one hit point. This may not sound like a lot, but it can make the difference between the defending unit winning or losing.

3 - Yes.

4 - Check the FAQs here. Somewhere it's listed, I've seen it before. Science buildings get cheaper Libs/Unis/RLs, Militaristic get cheaper Barracks (and I think Granaries in Vanilla), Agri gets cheaper Granaries.... I don't remember it all. Seafaring gets cheaper harbors maybe...

Thank you Antimuff, I really appreciate that. I do just want to continue with question 2, for is there a difference between having an archer for 'can bombard' and having a TOW infantry? If you have 2 archers, do both get a shot?

Yes, two archers will each take one shot.

The TOW Infantry has a bombard strength of 6, whereas the archer has a strength of 1. So if a tank is attacking a town that has a TOW and an archer in it, the archer should take a pot-shot at the tank before the TOW defends. Whatever unit is the defender cannot take the potshot before attacking.

The concept is called 'defensive bombardment'. It's any unit that's set up with a bombard strength and a range of '0'. Generally it's along the Archer - TOW upgrade path, although it's configurable in the editor. Any unit with a bombard strength greater than 0 will have this ability.

And to add the obvious - defensive bombard doesn't count for the strongest defender (e.g. TOW Infantry). If your settlement is defended by elite TOW + reg infantry, defensive bombardment doesn't count.

Top Bottom