Severe texture draw-in

delijoe

Chieftain
I have:

Core 2 Duo E6400 @ 2.13 GHz
2GB DDR2 RAM
Geforce 9800GT 1GB
Windows XP

Running in DX9 mode (of course) while my performance FPS wise has been pretty good, there's some really noticeable texture draw in especially when I scroll fast or pop to a different part of the map using the mini-map. It sometimes takes upwards of 2 seconds to fully draw in the terrain textures. Is this a normal part of the engine optimization or a bug that's effecting my system?

You are not alone ;)
Same here with a GTX260, Win7-64, lastest drivers. Fortunately I have the option for DX11 mode. Might give you an incentive to finally make the jump to Win7 :D

GTX 480, i7 960 here, and I've seen this happen on rare occasions, DX11. I think it is part of how the game renders terrain and affects some configurations more than others.

I have:

Core 2 Duo E6400 @ 2.13 GHz
2GB DDR2 RAM
Geforce 9800GT 1GB
Windows XP

Running in DX9 mode (of course) while my performance FPS wise has been pretty good, there's some really noticeable texture draw in especially when I scroll fast or pop to a different part of the map using the mini-map. It sometimes takes upwards of 2 seconds to fully draw in the terrain textures. Is this a normal part of the engine optimization or a bug that's effecting my system?

I have a similar setup except I have 4 gigs RAM and an ATI HD 5700. Win XP (I know what a waste).

Same thing happens, the game runs very smoothly, but the draw-ins still take forever. It doesn't cut on my FPS or anything like that, like I said, it's very smooth and plays nicely... Just... the draw-in time, seriously?

I7 860 gtx 275 here, and I was just noticing this in my latest game. If you zoom in to a spot where you haven't been lookig in a bit it's really noticable. The trading post roads are the worse/easiest to catch. Zoom in on them and it takes half a sec for the roads to appear.

GTX 460 1GB, WinXP DX9 mode here

It's pretty bad, even on a 1GB card. There are some settings in the GraphicsSettingsDX9.ini that I'm tempted to play with:

; Terrain Page in Rate
Terrain64Chunks = 2048

; Terrain Page in Rate
Terrain128Chunks = 256

; Terrain Page in Rate
Terrain256Chunks = 128

; Terrain Page in Rate
Terrain512Chunks = 64

If my texture draw-in you mean the terrain detail slowly paints itself on the initially rendered solid colors, I get that too, on some set of lower settings but in the DX11. Specifically, I have no waves on the sea (among other things. (when I had everything to max, video was jerky ... but is was beautiful standing still! :lol:) The textures somtimes don't draw in unless I move the image by scrolling (which, buy the way, seems only to work in full screen, not if I turn that off)

Have a sony vaio laptop, corei7, 6 GB ram, NVIDIA GeForce GT 330M which DXDIAG says has integrated RAMDAC (3793 MB approx) total memory) ... label says 1 GB of VRAM.

Played an online game with a friend, he had to be on DX9 ... and we could not make a connection until I reset to that too. There, the fog of war was not white clouds, like DX11, but dark grey "blocks" ... (we called it the iron curtain) ... an interesting difference.

Discoverd that multiplayer cannot be saved (or not in any way we found).

dV

Top Bottom