SevoMod 3

May I trouble you to know if the only file that is changed between B->C->D is the Sevomod.py?

maybe a dumb question. I only have to instal one patch right? Or do I have to install a b c and d? Just install D?

thanks

*edit*

I see now that only one patch is listed at the beginning so pretty sure I am good just installing D.

thanks anyway!

The patches are designed to be cumulative, so that if you have the latest patch for version 3.x, it will include all previous patches.

My trouble is I'm attempting to use an add-on, Gir's, which uses code that would be replaced by the patched files or, the other way around, would introduce unpatched code by replacing the patched files. It's all designed to be really simple, really. No need to fret.

Sevo said:
The AI in my playtesting has used the bombardment pretty effectively. The way Dale set it up was well done; they will pretty much universally choose to bombard with artillery instead of attacking head on.

I think I'm going to leave it the way it is for now in terms of strength. If you bombard you cause damage but don't gain any experience. Seems reasonable. It's a different game now. The one thing I need to check on is to see that the AI is building sufficient numbers of artillery units.

Hmm, the two games I played I did not have that experiance. Both times I was playing on Monarch, where I normally struggle. I was behind on tech and military might, but was able to sweep through with artillery. When the AI confronted me, they charged in with the artillery as often as not instead of using the bombard function.

Is there a way to disable the ranged bombard function if we don't want it? Thanks for your time.

Sevo,

First of all, many thanks for making your modpack. I don't even play Vanilla anymore. However, I have a little reqiest.

Could you please include Amra's Byzantium civ in it? He has given the civ two animated LHs and two UUs, and I think it would be a nice addition to your modpack.

Apparently Amra had pm'ed you about adding Byzantium and you two had come to an agreement, but (understandably) a new civ probably got lost in the shuffle.

I know you can't respond to every little request, but I hope you can fit Byzantium into Sevo before you turn to other projects.

Again, many thanks for hours of fun.

LeperColony

Titi said:
French translation for Sevomod 3.2b now complete! (however I'm checking how it works before I upload it).
:lol: Well, actually it's now for version 3.2d!

Sevo, GIR, Keldath and all the others (sorry, I don't remember every one of you :blush:) working on add-ons for Sevomod, please note that the translations are not only in the XML files: I've also modified Sevomod.py so that the events show up in the correct language too! (in other words, "Your slaves have been freed!" are now coming from TXT_KEY_SLAVES_FREED. Also, in order not to mess with the other XML files, I've created a specific file called "Sevomod_Python_Titi.xml").

Due to the attachments size limitation, I'm sending the files directly to Sevo.

Laurier said:
May I trouble you to know if the only file that is changed between B->C->D is the Sevomod.py?

It worked here :)

Laurier said:

Nope, you should have a few changes in Civ4ImprovementInfos.xml and Civ4UnitInfos.xml as well (I'm not sure for the other files, but for these two that's clear!)

Any news on the warlords release? Im holding up on a new game until it comes out and i havent played a full game in months now so im getting unpatient:crazyeye: not to nag or anything, it'll come when it come;)
Sevo hasent been around for a while has he?

sweetpete said:
Any news on the warlords release? Im holding up on a new game until it comes out and i havent played a full game in months now so im getting unpatient:crazyeye: not to nag or anything, it'll come when it come;)
Sevo hasent been around for a while has he?

? Yes he has, just look last page lol, he even did a new version for vanilla :p He is first finisheing CIV gold for warlords(I guess half of october its ready) and then he starts the conversion!

Arlborn said:
? Yes he has, just look last page lol, he even did a new version for vanilla :p He is first finisheing CIV gold for warlords(I guess half of october its ready) and then he starts the conversion!

Indeed!, i didnt see his post. October you say..:sad:, well i guess if you're waiting for something good then its worth the wait (or something like that i dunno)

Got a ctd atacking a barbarian city that was defended by 2 archers with a lousy stack of 2 chariots lol...happened the same thing of before, but now I waited and ctd came after 15min or so..Hope yoiu can find what is it..seems random cuz sometimes I atk cities with big stacks and no ctd..Or perhaps its only when i lose all units..Humm, the 3 times it happened i lost the fights..So can be lol

zarakand said:
Hmm, the two games I played I did not have that experiance. Both times I was playing on Monarch, where I normally struggle. I was behind on tech and military might, but was able to sweep through with artillery. When the AI confronted me, they charged in with the artillery as often as not instead of using the bombard function.

Is there a way to disable the ranged bombard function if we don't want it? Thanks for your time.

Interesting. I'll go over the SDK again. I want the AI to bombard the bejesus out of things.

Laurier said:

No--unfortunately I'm making little changes in other files: ImprovementINfos.xml, unitInfos.xml...I think just those three for the last patch.

I know it's a pain in the butt for the other modders to keep their stuff in sync.

LeperColony said:
Sevo,

First of all, many thanks for making your modpack. I don't even play Vanilla anymore. However, I have a little reqiest.

Could you please include Amra's Byzantium civ in it? He has given the civ two animated LHs and two UUs, and I think it would be a nice addition to your modpack.

Apparently Amra had pm'ed you about adding Byzantium and you two had come to an agreement, but (understandably) a new civ probably got lost in the shuffle.

I know you can't respond to every little request, but I hope you can fit Byzantium into Sevo before you turn to other projects.

Again, many thanks for hours of fun.

LeperColony

Crap! I keep meaning to add the Byzantines in. I'll get it done. (Read below).

@ Titi: Thanks! (As always!). I'll incorporate the new translations right away. I know a lot of people appreciate having the additional language support (thanks for fixing my lazy python--I hard code things and then forget to go back and change them!)

Arlborn said:
Got a ctd atacking a barbarian city that was defended by 2 archers with a lousy stack of 2 chariots lol...happened the same thing of before, but now I waited and ctd came after 15min or so..Hope yoiu can find what is it..seems random cuz sometimes I atk cities with big stacks and no ctd..Or perhaps its only when i lose all units..Humm, the 3 times it happened i lost the fights..So can be lol

Interesting. That may be important. Dale's mod made a lot of changes to stacked combat and the "loss" factor may be an important element. For the time being I would recommend attacking 1 at a time instead of stacks until I can sort out the issue. Probably a division by zero or some misallocation with the new variables.

So I'll fix that and the ranged bombardment for the AI.

Wyz_sub10, Amra & myself are continuing to work on the Warlords conversion for CivGold. It's an important part of the conversion for this mod since CivGold is more or less included here and we need all those new buildings and balances and whatnot. It's a big project for all these civs!

I'm also working on one more component for this version, so I'll hopefully do a final patch or so with the new stuff (fixes, byzantines, etc) and then get Warlords out shortly thereafter.

If it makes you guys feel better (those waiting on Warlords), I've had the expansion for two months and haven't even loaded it yet b/c I've been working on this stuff! :crazyeye:

This mod continues to improve everytime, I can't wait for the next version to come out already. I been playing your mod, but I continue to quit everytime I get horrible lag during medieval period.

Sevo said:
If it makes you guys feel better (those waiting on Warlords), I've had the expansion for two months and haven't even loaded it yet b/c I've been working on this stuff! :crazyeye:

Now thats commitment!:clap: :clap: :clap:

As this thread has bulged to a massive size of some 120 pages, it would be really nice if Sevo could post a link to the newest patch of Sevomod as it is announced. There could also be a summary of things like which version is currently the newest and for which version of Civilization. (Still drooling for that Warlords patch ;) ) This would make the long thread more convenient and the situation clear for the new members taking a look for the very first time.

And a humble question also: How is the tech paradigm modified in Sevomod compared to the standard version? And should the tech leakage be more efficient in the old "all-around" technologies such as archery, meditation etc.? It just does not sound very realistic that a civilization has unlocked the secrets of gunpowder and chemistry, and has been in contact with other civilizations and does still not know the art of bow and arrow. (Even if there is no real need for such technology or/nor an environment supporting it.)
And how about the modern time technology and the effect of civics and relations in tech leak?

Thank you for the great mod!

the most recent version is the one mentioned on the first page ... pretty straightforward i d say. and it worked for me ...

i think sevo does an amazing job keeping it all up to date.

mqrt said:
the most recent version is the one mentioned on the first page ... pretty straightforward i d say. and it worked for me ...

i think sevo does an amazing job keeping it all up to date.

- Ah, I'm so sorry! Didn't notice that at all... Guess it was all too obvious :hammer2:

Sevo said:
I'll incorporate the new translations right away. I know a lot of people appreciate having the additional language support (thanks for fixing my lazy python--I hard code things and then forget to go back and change them!)
I just sent you an updated version of Sevomod.py along with the corresponding XML file :)mischief: forgot to translate the leak tech messages!)

Sevo said:
:goodjob: That's what I call being thorough!

This modpack looks great! Thanks to everyone who contributed their effort.

The first game I tried as Australia I wasn't able to build a settler. Is that unlocked by a tech?
I restarted as the Vikings and had no problems.

Top Bottom