• Civilization 7 has been announced. For more info please check the forum here .

SGOTM 11 - Plastic Ducks

@ kossin:

I thought of putting only 2 more turns on SH in fact. (and settle Vijay at t79, Writing+Oracle+CoL at t82).

As I mention before, your plan is 1 turn earlier of Oracle+CoL instead of 6 food in Vijay + 2 food in Bombay. While I think to finish GLH, the foundation date of Vijay is relevant, not the tech.

Let's vote, Bugg and BIC. Udey and Duck are probably not here.

I will probably not be having internet later today. If the vote is for kossin's vote, play it today if you have the time, kossin.

One more thing: in case you didn't notice, you can continue SH in Bombay till t68: We can build 3 tiles of road from Bombay to Vijay (included the tile of the Vijay's city spot) and the settler can found the city at t81, the same time when it's out.

Sorry, no input on the micro (trying to catch up with the discussion right now).

What's the 1st build in Vijay ?
I went for a warrior but couldn't complete it before starting Lighthouse + GLH. So... Would ToA be ok ?
Also about Vijay, I would hire an artist to speed up the border pops. I've seen that Bugg would rather let it grow and wait for the religion to spread...

3rd Worker :
Don't we want as many pre-chops in Delhi as possible ?
In that case, shouldn't it stay around Delhi ? EDIT : okay, it can always go back if needed.

Techpath :
Masonry --> Fishing --> Sailing is okay with me, but :
- It delays a bit the GLH (start on lighthouse later) ;
- the Stone is connected long before we have a 2nd GP. Would we still rush it ? Or would we postpone it until the Pyramids are done ? If we postpone it, what's the reason to tech Masonry before Fishing ?

EDIT :

No complaints on Kossin's plan, I find it good :)

The road 2N of Delhi might not seem like much but it saves a worker turn when coming back from Vijay to chop... also it's the only thing that allows all 3 workers to be ready without 'wasting' turns moving closer.
I like it. I advocated for 1NE of Delhi but your spot is obviously much better :)

@dingding
Settler right after Bombay growth to 2 you mean? That's fine with me. I'll wait for your answer before modifying slightly the plan.
Delaying Writing is fine with me [need more food in Delhi] but I'd rather get AH earlier as I proposed.

@BIC
worker3 will do 2 pre-chops on his own before AH is in. If there are no horses he'll stay around for some more pre-chopping before being sent to road towards Vijay.

@kossin

It's a solid plan. I'm just wondering how much the settledate for Vijay will end up affecting our GLH plans. So far I've managed 1100BC (going with Mono) and 1050BC going maths directly. But everything kind of also depends on when different wonders cash in and for how much, affecting our techrate, so I really don't know what the key here is. EDIT:Both dates are with Vijay settled T79, though, so I'll give your micro a go as well in a little bit.

The one thing that seems important, though, is to get the pop up in Vijay to work hammertiles ASAP, so maybe delaying Oracle 1 turn to get started on growth is not such a bad thing. I'm good with whatever you feel like here, though.

@BIC
Honestly, I probably prefer assigning an artist in Vijay too, probably ASAP (in the test I described it just happened that religion spread there the turn after it was founded, and I had no realy use for the artist, finishing up other workerduties before pasture on cows - farm 2FP, then directly to Stone (which should coincide with masonry), then move/road-Pasture).

Regarding GLH, once you start GLH it's a relatively quick build.. I'd say about 10 turns or so if you've prepped ok, so unless we desperatly want to start it early (to maybe prevent the cheating AI to do so), delaying it untill well past T100 isn't really a problem.
It may very well be ok to go Fishing->Sailing->Masonry or Fishing->Masonry->Sailing (but the latter doesn't really speed up GLH, but could speed up our exploring WB). Going Masonry first doesn't really give us much benefits out of Delhi since it's producing 2 consecutive GS. Will try this some more actually, but it's not really relevant for this turnset, so we'll pick up on that later.

Actually I prefer growing Vijay first and assigning the second pop as an artist.

I'll fiddle around with the plan to get Vijay out on t79. Having Oracle/Writing 1 turn later doesn't hurt us so much as losing on GLH.

Alright final draft (I hope). I can play pretty much anytime today so all I need are 2 yes's.
Red is the change from the last plan.
t60 research slider to 80% (+2 -> 3 gold)
t61 research slider to 70% (+4 -> 7 gold) -- Bombay starts on SH (growth in 2)
t62 research slider to 100% (-2 -> 5 gold) [PH in, start AH]
t63 research slider to 100% (-3 -> 2 gold) -- Bombay size 2 (2F1C) switch back to settler, Delhi starts Oracle -- farm done, 1st chop done
t64 research slider to 0% (+19 -> 21 gold) -- Delhi size 4 (3F1C) -- worker1 mine, worker2 finish chop, worker3 1N pre-chop
t65 research slider to 100% (-3 -> 18 gold) [AH in 7]
t66 research slider to 100% (-3 -> 15 gold) [AH in 6]
t67 research slider to 100% (-3 -> 12 gold) [AH in 5] -- Bombay starts on Settler -- worker3 cancel chop
t68 research slider to 100% (-3 -> 9 gold) [AH in 4] -- worker3 NW pre-chops
t69 research slider to 100% (-3 -> 6 gold) [AH in 3] -- Delhi size 5 (1F3H1C mine1)
t70 research slider to 100% (-3 -> 3 gold) [AH in 2] -- Delhi (farm -> 1F3H1C mine2) growth in 6, Oracle in 12 -- worker1 goes 1W road
t71 research slider to 100% (-3 -> 0 gold) [AH in 1] -- worker2 goes NW road
t72 research slider to 0% (+20 -> 20 gold) [AH done, start Writing] -- all 3 workers ready to pasture if needed
[[stop]]
upload+report

If there's horse around Bombay, the settler will be done pretty fast and we don't have to borrow food from Delhi. If not, we borrow corn from Delhi for 1 turn and he is done on start of t79 ready to settle Vijay the same turn.

This gives us the best margin to maneuver afterwards I think.

One last note: this works even if we don't meet someone with AH (MM has it when he meets us... I deleted his workboat via WB and it works perfectly regardless.)

Looks good. Can't wait to move on! :)

^^Agree.

I can't speak for dingding but as of his last post I "think" he agrees with the plan.

I'll wait a few hours for another vote or play using the tie-veto of the player.

Yep, DingDing sounded like he was ok. I'm ok as well.

Can't say much more, GASP! Stress is dazing me right from my mind down to the chest and as far as my crazy typing fingers... Aaaah ! I'll soon have to write my plan !!! :lol:
I will call the monk Burbugond to my rescue, I think...

Good. I find some time to get on line.

The plan looks good. Maybe I could remind you that you can spend two more turns (t64 and t65) on the SH without delaying the foundation of Vijay at t81 and occupying the corn for Bombay.

Could you tell me if we can know where is the horse in some 1 hour? :)
If not, I'll be leaving this damn train station for my place soon.

Can't believe this :)

I guess there are a couple of settlers/workers which can come out earlier.

No cash from SH or neighbors from the sea?

Edit: GLH as well!!

Heh.. seriously?

This is some kind of seriously cooked map!

Report:
Everything went as planned. As per dingding's last input I added two more turns of SH and resumed settler on t66. This is a good thing now as horses will accelerate the build starting next turn (t67) when the horses are pastured.

Noteworthy:
Zara's EP starts lagging, he met 1 person

And we can see his research:

AH done reveals horses:

And a second horse:

This just made this spot a whole lot better.

Boring log
Spoiler :

Turn 61, 2475 BC: You have discovered Priesthood!

Turn 71, 2225 BC: You have discovered Animal Husbandry!
Turn 71, 2225 BC: You have discovered a source of Horse near Bombay!

-no wonders done
-no further religion
-no GP/GG
-there's a barb warrior which can be seen in the AH screenshot

Good, good... Hope you find time to update the testgame :)

I take it you didn't move about the fogbusters at all and opted not to run the 3rd warrior around for a few turns? Doesn't matter much, I guess... and soon we'll have a chariot anyways :)

Test game updated here.

No I didn't move fogbusters whatsoever. They're on sentry so they'll wake up if barbs show up.

A chariot will take care of all barb troubles (except if we run in a spear I guess) so it's great news!

Attachments

• SGOTM11 TEST BC-2200.CivBeyondSwordSave
    75.7 KB · Views: 45
Excellent!

I'm not complaining :)

Imagine that... dingding's farm actually had horses.. I mean.. seriously....

Hum... That's a sweet, sweet set !

Both horses are great news. The 2nd now makes a very nice city site with Fish + Horse.
That Zara has met someone also is great. GLH traderoutes will be that better.

I'll provide a plan for the next set tomorrow (roughly until Oracle is done, I guess). What things shall I be particularly vigilant about ?

Oh ! And... I have the official save.
Thanks for the testsave, Kossin, as usual ! :goodjob:

We're so lucky so far it's insane... what's next, we pop gems in one of the grassland mines?

Some tests show excellent results:

Vijay settled on t80
Oracle finishes on t80
Writing finishes on t80

The workers do NOT road the horses but instead 1E of it as per dingding's earlier proposition to avoid the river. Bombay's next build is a 4th worker and the horses will be connected via Vijay's access to the river.

Top Bottom