SGOTM 11 - Shaka, not stirred

micromanaging a car?!? :eek:

Of course over $ 1,000 for a car repair is nothing to make fun of. :nope:
Apologies Abegweit and may the car last for years now without further problems... :rolleyes:

Paul#42 said:
Of course over $ 1,000 for a car repair is nothing to make fun of. :nope:

I had to put almost 2,000 EURs in my car this year, too. Maintenance and new winter tyres recently. Once you buy a car repairs are unavoidable unless you park it in your garage and just enjoy looking at it. ;)

Of course it is fretful and these bloody things always break when you really don't need it, but I cannot take it very serious.

Sorry, Abegweit if my comment annoyed you.

Oh, I agree. It's part of owning a car.

Hugely frustrating timing, though. We broke down driving our son to the airport (going to see his grandma) about an hour from home with a blown radiator. That's a $250 non-refundable ticket out the window plus a $70 tow job on top of the repair bills. I'm going to have to find a new mechanic. There were no pads on the back drums so the rotors had to be replaced. This is inexcusable. He's going to hear about it. You can be sure of that.

The good news, if you call it that, we that we broke down right by a toll booth. A warm place to wait and to call from. Also, the garage was in a mall. I bought a book and read about 300 pages. Sorry I didn't think about getting a laptop instead. :lol:

Well sounds like a perfect day. :rolleyes:

Fits our German saying "A misfortune rarely comes alone !".

Abegweit said:
Sorry I didn't think about getting a laptop instead. :lol:
I'm surprised you did not. :hmm:

I assume you had the current save always ready in your USB-stick and the C3C-CD was in your car's CD player anyway (your wife had stopped asking what that was good for...) :rolleyes:
You really never know where you get the next chance to play your turnset... :D

Actually I'm quite surprised that you even left your home... :nono:

I'm seriously considering quitting this game (just me, not the team!) to be allowed to read foreign threads... :rolleyes:

This is ugly. :aargh:

You should concentrate on your work at this time of the day, mate.:) Somebody of this team mentioned that playing in a haste wouldn't be good. Guess who was saying that ? :lol:

My boss already wonders why I get so much done at the moment. All my SGs have ended more or less and I have nothing to read anymore.:sheep: Abegweit, please end this. My boss shouldn't get used to my new enthusiasm.

Maybe you should try the new Democracy succession game? Looks like fun.

ABEGWEIT!!! :aargh: WHAT'S UP!?!? :gripe:

You drive us crazy... :confused: :suicide:

Hm, nothing heard from Abegweit for a few days ? I think we should give him another 24 hours. If we do not hear anything from him by then we should consider that one of us has to take over.

Hopefully everything is alright with him.

:hmm: Not a nice situation. I also hope Abegweit is doing well.

Given the facts that he already played some turns, it is our last turnset, other teams are still far from ending this, and we won't have anything to discuss anyway, I would rather keep waiting like 72 hours before giving the mouse to another player.

We also should contact the staff before because this would be replaying of turns and although Abegweit did not tell anything spoilerish this is no decision we should take easy. :old:

Andro, what do you think? :confused:

Sorry guys. Really sorry for vanishing. Some things came up in RL (which I really don't want to talk about here, but it relates to kids and cops and stuff... resolved and we are moving forward). I promise you that tomorrow I will either finish the game or post what I played and let someone else do the job. :D

Glad you're still around... :)

Take the time you need, although there's a decent urge in me to cruise through those foreign threads... :rolleyes:

Well if you're sure you can wait... RL is hitting really bad but I should be able to get at it tomorrow evening or, more likely, the following morning. Thanks for your patience guys :)

We hope you prove yourself worthy our patience :D

Abegweit, if you do not find time to go on, maybe you just submit the save, post your notes here as they are and pass this one to someone else? :hmm:

Or can you already predict when you will be able to finish it?

According to the progress and results page we have a decent chance. Go, Abegweit, go !:twitch:

Top Bottom