SGOTM 15 - The Missionary - Maintenance Thread

When I inquired about an extension back on April 26 22, I hoped it was early enough that any "penalty" for faster-moving teams would be minimal. That's not the case now, but from a practical point of view I suspect it won't have much impact on who gets medals. It also would be very disappointing and frustrating if a team wasn't able to finish after putting in so much time and effort, so I'd have no objection to a modest extension. Interest would likely flag pretty quickly beyond the original deadline, anyway, so how about one extra week?

Perhaps we can compromise?

If you want to qualify for a medal you have to finish by the original deadline but we extend the game 2 weeks(?) to let all of the teams finish? It certainly would be more satisfying for the teams who have worked hard to finish the game rather than submit an incomplete game.

If you want to qualify for a medal you have to finish by the original deadline but we extend the game 2 weeks(?) to let all of the teams finish? It certainly would be more satisfying for the teams who have worked hard to finish the game rather than submit an incomplete game.

Clever. I like it.

I like that. It makes the May 21 condition similar to the Hindu condition. Its a good suggestion for a nice friendly competition. :cool:

This is surely a friendly competition, where every friend tries to gently cut the throath of his friendly opponents :lol:

But if we continue to move the deadline for every reason anyone will invent, can we please call it a ill line, or sick line or whatever? Dead = dead.

I'd go with that. I agree with those who feel that an extension gives an unfair advantage to the slower teams, and if we delay the medal awards until two weeks later, we keep the interest going for those who can't complete by May 21. We can give honourable mentions to the teams that perform well, but are too late for the medals.

That seems fair. That way there's no change of rules - just a delay in reporting the results so that we can recognise late entries in the Results post.

I think PR will be finished within the original time period now.

Are we to assume all teams have finished by the 21st deadline? There are a few hours left. I assume the extra 2 weeks will not be needed now?

One team has not reported back yet, though I agree it seems unlikely that we'll need the extra two weeks.

All teams have now reported their final saves, and the deadline is almost here. So I shall dust off the laurels and post the results this evening.

Well done everyone for meeting the deadline ... one way or another. You can all read and post in each other's threads now. Please be kind to each other :D

Top Bottom