SGOTM 22 - Fifth Element

Interesting to see how Anti-TSR had worked that out by turn 12!!

We knew from the demo screens early on the Ai had a big advantage. We tracked these for 20-30+ turns. You only had to look at the Ai city sizes, Hammers per turn and GNP. Most Ai clearly had bonus hammers from T1.

As Gumbolt said, it's the Demo Screen. COmparing the AI GNP, food, and hammers to test games showed outrageous differences. These guys were turbo-charged. We didn't know that they would run away though. That realization only came when Saladin started to freak out, but I don't remember what turn that was. Some time before we decided to target him first. Of course, it was also his wonder whoring.

That realization only came when Saladin started to freak out, but I don't remember what turn that was. Some time before we decided to target him first. Of course, it was also his wonder whoring.
Yeah, I think Sal was trying to beat us with our own rules. He had at least 6 wonders in capital by the time we razed it, might be he squeezed in the final 7th wonder. Unfortunately he didn't abide by the rules that restricted expansion. Cheating bastard. :gripe:

These guys were turbo-charged. We didn't know that they would run away though. That realization only came when Saladin started to freak out, but I don't remember what turn that was.
Just been reading your thread and it was clear that at t12 you were prepared for something very tough whilst we were still working on the assumption that we were playing a weak Monarch AI.

I looked back and it wasn't until T95 that I complained this game plays like quick speed Deity. TSR was as surprised as anyone that so many AI got so far ahead so fast.

We were very lazy with our EP spending cus we thought we just needed a bunch of small techs, Monarchy, BW, IW and the game would be about over. Later we thought maybe Knights, but never planned for Cuirs....until Gilga took MilitaryTradition free from liberalism T177
We end up stealing Nationalism + MT from Zara T189.

Back in CFC after moths - one day i'll tell you why - and found a DEFEAT!!!
shame is the first thing that comes in mind but only 2 teams managed to win the game... i'll read some post before post anything else... if i can find the time.

Just postin g this in case someone still has a notifier on his old team thread and didnt yet see theres a new game coming up.

Welcome back after half a year of total absence!

Sorry to leave you, but there were too many real life affairs. I didnt even touch Civ4 for such a long time!!!!

Still dont know if I go for next SGOTM though

And I am really proud of you because you never give up! Even when there is only 1-3 active players! Well done!

Top Bottom