SGOTM 22 - Xteam

Great news Neil!

I am looking at the map and it seems like we are being "pushed" towards Cataphants based on current resource allocation. I am guessing there is a trap in there somehow.:dunno:

Pyramids would be the wonder I would want, but without stone, it is a heavy build.

GLH makes sense because of the wonder requirement, else I would probably not go that way next.

This is based off of Neil's scenarios 1 & 2
Tech Path: 2120bc switch to Sailing->BW->Writing->??? Choices: IW 14 turns, Math 20, Riding 20, Mysticism 4. I took IW.
Caput build Queue: Settler->Worker->Lighthouse->GLH->Settler
Rome build Queue: Archer->Granary->Archer->Archer->Archer->Archer Rome whipped Archer->Granary when BW was learned.
Chopped 3 forests into GLH
1160bc with GLH 4 turns from completion switched to settler
1080bc whip settler 20 hammer over flow to GLH (2 turns of building GLH = 22 hammers)
1000bc when GLH would have finished if not for settler build had 199 hammers of 200(I made a mistake by chop grass forest first, should have chopped hill and built mine
Other worker chops hill and builds mine when a mine is finished chop grass forest while working 2 mines for extra hammers and commerce.)
975bc GLH->archer
950bc Archer done for 5 archers in Caput with Rome to finish #6.
Looking for place to settle.

Who is up next? Should I create a roster?
If no one else wants to play I do not mind being next. Though I have a few questions.
How to show we met the requirements for settling a new city. Do I take a screenshot of the capital since it will show buildings and population?
If we do need a screenshot, where would I up load it to, and do I need to save the game and up load that file? If saving the game, is it before settling, after settling or both?

If no one else wants to play I do not mind being next. Though I have a few questions.I am good with you playing next Joe.
How to show we met the requirements for settling a new city. Do I take a screenshot of the capital since it will show buildings and population?
If we do need a screenshot, where would I up load it to, and do I need to save the game and up load that file? If saving the game, is it before settling, after settling or both?

Hopefully a save file is all we need just before settling or immediately after. I am sure we will get a visit from SG Santa with answers. :D

I too like the Mids but do not think it should be in the capital. May be in another city?

If no one else wants to play I do not mind being next. Though I have a few questions.
You've got it. :thumbsup:

Found this
Why don't we take a screenshot of the capital before building a new city and post it in this thread as a part of the turn set report.

Also, make a save and upload it to the GOTM server prior to founding the new city, then we are covered.

:)

Do you have a plan yet Joe from ID?

Do you have a plan yet Joe from ID?
I though my plan was in post 203. Which is what I followed up till learning BW.
Here are the results:
Rome is founded in 1840bc

Spoiler :

Settler in place, you can see we are researching Bronze Working. Therefore, warriors can be used to meet the defense requirement. Also visible, Caput Mundi's population and the Great Wall which is our second building.
[/URL][/IMG]

And After Rome was Founded.
[/URL][/IMG]

Link to file before http://gotm.civfanatics.net/download.php?file=Xteam_SG022_BC1840_01.CivBeyondSwordSave

Continued in next post

We learned Bronze Working in 1480bc and know the location of 1 source of copper.

Right after Rome was founded I sent 2 warriors out to fog bust. The warrior I sent west lost a battle with an archer.

Game was paused and saved as soon as we learned BW. Need to decide on next tech to learn, make moves and revolt into slavery.

Autolog
Spoiler :
BUFFY 3.19.003 (BtS 3.19)
------------------------------------------------
Turn 47/500 (2120 BC) [29-Sep-2015 09:49:38]
Research begun: Sailing (9 Turns)
100% Research: 13 per turn
0% Espionage: 4 per turn
0% Gold: 0 per turn, 0 in the bank

After End Turn:

Other Player Actions:
Attitude Change: Saladin (Arabia) towards Zara Yaqob (Ethiopia), from 'Pleased' to 'Cautious'

Turn 48/500 (2080 BC) [29-Sep-2015 09:52:29]

After End Turn:

Other Player Actions:
Attitude Change: Saladin (Arabia) towards Zara Yaqob (Ethiopia), from 'Cautious' to 'Pleased'

Turn 49/500 (2040 BC) [29-Sep-2015 09:54:15]

After End Turn:
Caput Mundi's borders expand

Turn 50/500 (2000 BC) [29-Sep-2015 09:55:09]

After End Turn:

Other Player Actions:
Attitude Change: Saladin (Arabia) towards Zara Yaqob (Ethiopia), from 'Pleased' to 'Cautious'

Turn 51/500 (1960 BC) [29-Sep-2015 09:56:08]

Turn 52/500 (1920 BC) [29-Sep-2015 09:56:57]

After End Turn:
Caput Mundi finishes: Settler

Turn 53/500 (1880 BC) [29-Sep-2015 09:57:37]
Caput Mundi begins: Worker (5 turns)

Turn 54/500 (1840 BC) [29-Sep-2015 10:00:01]
Research begun: Bronze Working (7 Turns)
Rome founded
Rome begins: Archer (25 turns)
Research begun: Sailing (2 Turns)
100% Research: 17 per turn
0% Gold: -2 per turn, 0 in the bank

After End Turn:

Other Player Actions:
Judaism founded in a distant land

Turn 55/500 (1800 BC) [29-Sep-2015 10:05:56]
80% Research: 13 per turn
20% Gold: 1 per turn, 1 in the bank

After End Turn:
Tech research finished: Sailing

Other Player Actions:
Civics Change: Saladin(Arabia) from 'Paganism' to 'Organized Religion'

Turn 56/500 (1760 BC) [29-Sep-2015 10:08:13]
Research begun: Bronze Working (7 Turns)
20% Gold: 1 per turn, 2 in the bank

After End Turn:
Caput Mundi finishes: Worker

Turn 57/500 (1720 BC) [29-Sep-2015 10:09:23]
Caput Mundi begins: Lighthouse (5 turns)
80% Research: 12 per turn
20% Gold: 1 per turn, 3 in the bank

Turn 58/500 (1680 BC) [29-Sep-2015 10:11:23]
20% Gold: 1 per turn, 4 in the bank

After End Turn:

Other Player Actions:
While defending in the wild near Rome, Warrior (1.70/2) defeats Barbarian Warrior (Prob Victory: 96.4%)

Turn 59/500 (1640 BC) [29-Sep-2015 10:12:03]
Warrior promoted: Woodsman II
20% Gold: 1 per turn, 5 in the bank

After End Turn:
Caput Mundi finishes: Lighthouse
Rome grows to size 2

Other Player Actions:
Attitude Change: Brennus (Celtia) towards Zara Yaqob (Ethiopia), from 'Annoyed' to 'Cautious'
Attitude Change: Darius I (Persia) towards Saladin (Arabia), from 'Cautious' to 'Pleased'
Attitude Change: Gilgamesh (Sumeria) towards Darius I (Persia), from 'Annoyed' to 'Cautious'
Attitude Change: Saladin (Arabia) towards Zara Yaqob (Ethiopia), from 'Cautious' to 'Pleased'
Attitude Change: Saladin (Arabia) towards Hannibal (Carthage), from 'Cautious' to 'Pleased'
Attitude Change: Zara Yaqob (Ethiopia) towards Julius Caesar (Rome), from 'Cautious' to 'Pleased'
Attitude Change: Zara Yaqob (Ethiopia) towards Hannibal (Carthage), from 'Cautious' to 'Pleased'

Turn 60/500 (1600 BC) [29-Sep-2015 10:12:45]
Caput Mundi begins: The Great Lighthouse (20 turns)
A Mine was built near Rome
20% Gold: 1 per turn, 6 in the bank

Turn 61/500 (1560 BC) [29-Sep-2015 10:14:15]
A Farm was built near Caput Mundi
20% Gold: 1 per turn, 7 in the bank

After End Turn:

Other Player Actions:
While defending in the wild, Warrior loses to Barbarian Archer (1.20/3) (Prob Victory: 60.2%)
Attitude Change: Saladin (Arabia) towards Darius I (Persia), from 'Cautious' to 'Pleased'

Turn 62/500 (1520 BC) [29-Sep-2015 10:15:03]
20% Gold: 1 per turn, 8 in the bank

After End Turn:
Tech research finished: Bronze Working

Turn 63/500 (1480 BC) [29-Sep-2015 10:16:15]
Research begun: Writing (9 Turns)

I though my plan was in post 203. Which is what I followed up till learning BW.
Here are the results:
Rome is founded in 1840bc
I misunderstood as well. Sorry about that.

Generally we label the Pre-Play Plan as PPP. Reading post 203, I thought it was a test you had done to support a PPP.

Could you please upload the current save to the GOTM server so we can have a look at it?

Play looks good thus far. :goodjob:

I misunderstood as well. Sorry about that.

Generally we label the Pre-Play Plan as PPP. Reading post 203, I thought it was a test you had done to support a PPP.

Could you please upload the current save to the GOTM server so we can have a look at it?

Play looks good thus far. :goodjob:
I also misunderstood. I can give a ppp up to when GLH is built (should be 1000bc), I still have a little fine tuning to do on worker actions and what tiles the cities work.

Link to save as of 1480bc. Game is paused. http://gotm.civfanatics.net/download.php?file=Xteam_SG022_BC1480_01.CivBeyondSwordSave

Sorry to be out for a few days.

Reading the posts I was shocked to see the auto log as I thought it was all on the test save. The post 203 indeed just looked like some test results. It was the post 'title' that was the problem. If it was labelled 'plan' then all would be OK.

You did the right thing in waiting a few days for comments, but I don't think anyone else realised you were ready to play and considered your post the plan.

The play itself went very well, no problems there. :) Very nice to have a woody 2, shame we lost him. misread, we still have him!

I will have a detailed look tonight (I hope I will have the time)

edit: my gut instinct says "Mathematics" next.... but it is usually wrong. Currency, Calendar & Construction. IW is also compelling

I'm not wild about a great lighthouse plan. It will take a lot of time before that will pay for itself. We will not be having many coastal cities. I would be more positive for a Colossus plan.

I would prefer a city by horse and time to conquer everyone.

Also a workboat to explore the coast before the barbs get galleys would be nice. The sooner we find the AI the sooner we can kill them. Alternative is to tech to paper as soon as possible and make new plans while building university of Sankore.

GLH play is more about getting another wonder down, one of the few that does not require resources we don't have. With 7 required its a lot, both Stonehenge & Oracle went early to non-industrious leaders, so it would seem Stone & Marble may already be available to some leaders. Makes sense that this requirement would require some effort.

With so many wonders coming either very early or very late, I don't mind getting another one now. We are stuck with 2 cities until we have 6 archers, so why not build a wonder now.

I agree we need to test it out however, I would also like a WB to explore and get TR's, but it would seem they are all some distance... through jungle... so quick conquest would seem difficult, and barb cities may/will disrupt TR's, so maybe the WB is not worth it for now.

edit: I am a little surprised copper is so far away, I expected no horses with the pig almost forcing us into AH, but I felt the BW restriction on no longer allowing warriors to count once it was learned kind of meant we would definitely have copper in the BFC.

edit2: this is nice mapmaking BSPollux, not predictable....

With us needing 6 archer spending 200 hammers on getting a wonder that gives no payback in the foreseeable future seems like dubious play. If We plan to stay with two cities while we build 7 wonders, we can build the great lighthouse while teching literature. The great library seems to be a good wonder. We will also get the statue of Zues on the way there.

What is our plan with our great spy?

With our restricted number of cities, think IW should be next so we can locate it and target a city to claim it, hopefully? In addition, it allows us to chop jungle as there is plenty of that around.

Then seems like we need to get to Calendar and Construction so we can try to seize some Stone or Marble to build what wonders we need? Monarchy needs to be in there somewhere as well......

Seems like we'll need to choose city sites with care as there will be few of them, no waste allowed?

I'm going to Germany for a week so I can't test a game but I think IT may be a good spot to play 100 turns in a test game to see what we can get away with.

Skickat från min iPhone med Tapatalk

We have 31 hammers invested in the GLH currently.

If we choose to continue this build, I want to grow Caput to size 6 and 2 pop whip a worker for max(ish) overflow. If we take the pigs back and max food, we can grow it in 2 turns, work the pigs(maybe) for a turn on the worker and we should be able to hit 28-29 hammers. This worker can then mine/chop the other riverside grass hill into the wonder.

IW to be prepared for city 3 or writing are my best guess at next tech. Given no tech trading, I am leaning towards writing.

I am bad at My German geografi. But I Will arrive in Essen next thursday.

Skickat från min iPhone med Tapatalk

Top Bottom