1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

SGOTM 23 - Unallocated

Discussion in 'Civ4 - Succession GOTM' started by AlanH, Apr 30, 2016.

1. haphazard1

haphazard1 Dancing Bear

No sign of enKage. :( Has anyone seen him elsewhere on the forums? We may need to skip.

2. marbe166

marbe166 Chieftain

He hasn't posted anything since 20 May, and that was in this thread. I will be away from Friday and a week on, so I can play a turnset tomorrow night (about 20 hours from now).

3. haphazard1

haphazard1 Dancing Bear

If you can manage a quick plan and turnset, marbe166, go for it! :D We don't want to stagnate too long without moving forward.

4. Sun Tzu Wu

Sun Tzu Wu Deity Supporter

Marbe, please proceed with a quick PPP and play a turn set; 10t would be adequate; 10t is a normal turn set length past the very beginning of a game. I suggest we stick with 10t turn sets from now on.

5. marbe166

marbe166 Chieftain

OK, slight change of plans. Will download save and make a plan for 10 turns now, and then play the turnset tomorrow night (i.e. approx 24 hours from now).

6. marbe166

marbe166 Chieftain

OK, here is a plan:

Starting at T60.

Strategy: Get Jerusalem asap using Horse Archers and Catapults. Needs HBR, Archery and Construction.

If I rearrange the tiles in the cities we can get HBR in 1 turn instead of 2. Worth it? Would delay Paris growing until T62.

Diplomacy: Make peace with Stalin asap, but not at a price.

Research Plan: HBR (T62), Archery (T65), Mathematics. Trade for Sailing, Mysticism and Meditation asap.

Build plan:
    Paris: Axeman (build until Archery discovered, then whip), then Horse Archer
    Copper City: Finish Library asap (chop+whip), then Settler for spot marked "S City", then Work Boat for Coast exploring.
    Double Fish: Whip Work Boat now, then Library.

Worker plan:
    Stalin 1: Finish current road (T62), go 1 NE and finish the road there (T63), go to 1S of Double Fish and finish the road there. Build pasture on Sheep and finish Road there.
    Stalin 2: Finish current pre-chop (T61), go to forest outside Double Fish and chop for the Library.
    Worker 1: Chop current Forest into Copper City, build road on Cow 1S of Copper City, connect Fur S of Paris.

Unit Plans:
    Chariot 1 (currently in Paris): Go to Copper City and act as Garrison unit for now (T62).
    Warrior 2 (4S 1E of Double Fish): Go to Double Fish and act as Garrison unit for now (T65).
    Warrior 0 (1S 4E of Karakorum): Promote to Woodsman I, Explore Eastwards.
    Warrior 1 (4S 3W of Jerusalem): Explore through Egypt.

7. ikotomi

ikotomi Prince

Do we need chops now? Only thing I can think of until HA available is barracks unless we get pottery soon. If possible we should save chops for units or until after Maths.

We should start tech Alpha until we can trade HBR for it, unless Hatty already has it.

Priority should be to scout Greece and Germany to figure out which one is better to invade first. We should build at least one WB to start checking out Churchill as well. Don't like getting Jerusalem this early as its too far to support right now.

8. haphazard1

haphazard1 Dancing Bear

I agree with ikotomi that it may be too soon/too distant for Jerusalem right now. But I like the details of the plan -- we need some military to avoid being too attractive a target for the AIs, and for future use. I am certain we can find something to use them for quite soon. :devil: Another settler plus the work boats also look good to me.

9. Packers5280

Packers5280 Deity

Germany has Cu, so the warrior heading over to the fogged tiles so we can determine which one it is. If we can get to it turn 1 or 2 of a war, we can limit the number of spears, which makes Fred a good target. Alex is a good target too as he's on the way to Hatty. Taking out Hatty is a much bigger priority than Jerusalem. Of course, we could wait for feudalism and then vassalize her to get her techs.

Points should be put in alpha after HBR. Once we get alpha, we can trade for archery with another AI.

Chops should be saved for HAs.

10. marbe166

marbe166 Chieftain

We need the Library in Double Fish asap to make its border pop and exercise some cultural pressure on England and Germany.

Based on your feedback I will research HBR and then start researching Alphabet, checking with Hatty every turn whether she is willing to trade Alphabet for HBR (which she doesn't have yet).

I will not chop the Library in Copper City, but I will chop the one in Double Fish since the border pop is urgent and Library is our only culture-generating building.

I will start the turnset now and report any interesting happenings.

11. marbe166

marbe166 Chieftain

T62:
    We meet Mao, located east of Mongolia. He is Confucian, has 3 cities and has met Darius and Kublai Khan. He is the worst enemy of Darius. We sign Open Borders.

12. marbe166

marbe166 Chieftain

T63:
    Frederick founds Cologne.
    Frederick's Copper is 1S of Berlin. Not very reachable.

13. marbe166

marbe166 Chieftain

T64:
    Hatty accepted HBR for Alphabet, and here are the Tech Trade tables.
    Spoiler :

Spoiler :

Who do you think we shall trade with, and what?

14. marbe166

marbe166 Chieftain

At a first glance,
    Saladin seems like a good candidate, offer Agriculture for Archery.
    Darius - offer Animal Husbandry for Sailing.
    Churchill - offer AH for Pottery.

Nobody will trade Iron Working or Masonry yet.

I'll wait an hour and then make these offers if noone objects.

15. marbe166

marbe166 Chieftain

Churchill was the only one who agreed to my trade proposals.
    Saladin took Agriculture and Writing for Mysticism and Sailing.
    Traded AH for Archery with Darius.

16. Sun Tzu Wu

Sun Tzu Wu Deity Supporter

The proposed trades look good to me.

Maybe trade Joao II Agriculture for Mysticism too. Edit: Cross post; I see you already picked up Mysticism in trade.

17. marbe166

marbe166 Chieftain

T66:
    Mehmed completes the Great Wall in Istanbul!

18. marbe166

marbe166 Chieftain

Stalin wants Mysticism to make peace. Shall we do it?

Edit: Traded Writing for Meditation with Joao.

19. marbe166

marbe166 Chieftain

Meanwhile, we have found what seems to be a very strategic tile.

Spoiler :

20. ikotomi

ikotomi Prince

Are we starting the war machine? If we can take a civ with minimal units we don't need granaries ASAP except maybe capital.