[BTS] SGOTM 26 - The Indecisive

I don't have much discretionary time today, so pleased that RRR can play.

Don't we also need a factory in TC?

Given all the movement of missionaries and a GGeneral at the end of the game, perhaps we should consider upgrading a galley. Certainly the existing ones should be pre-positioned. Is that why there is a galley in CC?

Why do we have three Christian missionaries in Hamburg? If it's to guarantee that at least one succeeds, then do we not need a similar assemblage in Sioux territory? What about a galleon off Germany's coast to transfer any extras elsewhere -- Russia or IT perhaps.

If we get a GS we will just need to end turn 20 times more. A GA means game over though

:lol:

Just micro for max science, check we've got the pop to whip the end game buildings (IT, 6R, 5W).
Send Jewish missionary to IT.
You PPP looks fine. Go ahead and play.

I don't have much discretionary time today, so pleased that RRR can play.

Don't we also need a factory in TC?

Given all the movement of missionaries and a GGeneral at the end of the game, perhaps we should consider upgrading a galley. Certainly the existing ones should be pre-positioned. Is that why there is a galley in CC?

Why do we have three Christian missionaries in Hamburg? If it's to guarantee that at least one succeeds, then do we not need a similar assemblage in Sioux territory? What about a galleon off Germany's coast to transfer any extras elsewhere -- Russia or IT perhaps.

I have already spread Christianity to Sitting Bull. Germany is the only civ without Christianity now. We do not need to transport our GG anywhere. We can use him on any warrior sitting in the city he spawn.

About to play, I am assuming we switch in OR? 13 turns instead of 9 turns to next GP, but +25% prod. (about 20 turns worth of research left)

Played to Facism (t225). 9 turns worth of research left. Save posted at Central.

Will update with a report in a few. edit: here it is:

t216: switch to OR
t217: Sell communism to Peter (for 490 gold iirc). This allows to end the game at 100% science.
t218: :sleep:
t219: Add one worker to IT to lumbermill the remaining forests (I will add a third so the 3 forests can be chopped in the same turn).
t220: Bismarck asks for Radio. Gaga (I give in).
t221: We are elected AP resident (166 votes over 166 possible)
t222: Assembly Line is in. Adds a worker to 5W so we can chop both forests into WP in one turn. Rearrange galleons so the GM ( :please: ) from 6R can build the corp HQ in IT 2 turns after he is generated. (we can do better with the galley, but it isn't needed considering tech rate)
t223: the IA is done in 5W. science waiting for WP.
t224: Sally wants us to cancel all deals with HRE -> refused.
A privater appears west of IT. I didn't reacted this turn thinking he might sail away (and to shave one turn from Facism). I suggest we build an airship in Bibracte (queued it, actually delaying it for one turn shaved one turn from Facism), and hit him with galleons once it's weakened. Make sure you don't put the southern one in strike range before hitting him with the airship.
t225: Iron Works done. Facism in. GG attached to Bibracte's warrior. Queued the airship, HE, and West Point in Bibracte, IT, and 5W respectively. Only building not queued is the Indus Park after TC factory. (double check that before playing though)

The privateer is annoying but shouldn't delay victory date.

Here is your Session Turn Log from 1530 AD to 1575 AD:

Spoiler :
Turn 216, 1530 AD: Lady Stoneheart adopts Organized Religion!
Turn 216, 1530 AD: Lady Stoneheart's Golden Age has ended...
Turn 216, 1530 AD: Louis XIV adopts Free Market!
Turn 216, 1530 AD: Louis XIV adopts Theocracy!

Turn 220, 1550 AD: The Apostolic Palace voting members have announced their decision: Apostolic Palace Election (Winner Proposes Apostolic Palace Resolutions) (Requires 66 of 166 Total Votes)

Turn 221, 1555 AD: You have discovered Assembly Line!
Turn 221, 1555 AD: Bismarck has completed Broadway!
Turn 221, 1555 AD: Narayana Guru (Great Prophet) has been born in Mainz (Charlemagne)!

Turn 222, 1560 AD: The borders of Bibracte have expanded!
Turn 222, 1560 AD: Charlemagne's Golden Age has begun!!!

Turn 223, 1565 AD: Louis XIV has 100 gold available for trade.
Turn 223, 1565 AD: Sitting Bull has 90 gold available for trade.

Turn 224, 1570 AD: The enemy has been spotted near Island Town IT!
Turn 224, 1570 AD: Peter has 340 gold available for trade.
Turn 224, 1570 AD: Charlemagne has 150 gold available for trade.
Turn 224, 1570 AD: Peter has 7 gold per turn available for trade.
Turn 224, 1570 AD: Heinz Guderian (Great General) has been born in Bibracte (Lady Stoneheart)!
Turn 224, 1570 AD: You have discovered Fascism!
Turn 224, 1570 AD: You have constructed Ironworks in Twin Clams (TC). Work has now begun on a Factory.
Turn 224, 1570 AD: Nabu-rimanni (Great Scientist) has been born in Poverty Point (Sitting Bull)!

Turn 225, 1575 AD: The enemy has been spotted near Beaver Bay (BB)!
Turn 225, 1575 AD: Charlemagne has 200 gold available for trade.
Turn 225, 1575 AD: Louis XIV has 110 gold available for trade.
Turn 225, 1575 AD: Sitting Bull has 90 gold available for trade.
Turn 225, 1575 AD: Peter has 310 gold available for trade.
Turn 225, 1575 AD: Charlemagne has 200 gold available for trade.
Turn 225, 1575 AD: Louis XIV is the worst enemy of Sitting Bull, Charlemagne.
Turn 225, 1575 AD: Charlemagne is the worst enemy of Saladin.
Turn 225, 1575 AD: Bismarck will trade Hit Musicals
Turn 225, 1575 AD: Will Trade Map: Bismarck, Louis XIV, Peter, Sitting Bull
Turn 225, 1575 AD: Will Sign a Defensive Pact: Peter

Last edited:
Looks good. Awaiting report. What happened to the GGeneral? I see that we have gotten his benefits, but can't find his unit.

I have some time tomorrow morning (in about 9 hours), if needed, but not sure I can get in 9 turns. RL in the afternoon. I have some anxiety about how the AP vote works, and my posting a PPP, getting comments, and then playing would certainly press the deadline.. Happy for someone else to finish, and the two of you will be active while I'm sleeping.

I will check in here in the morning.

Last edited:
I edited in the report.

Looks good. Awaiting report. What happened to the GGeneral? I see that we have gotten his benefits, but can't find his unit.

I have some time tomorrow morning (in about 9 hours), if needed, but not sure I can get in 9 turns. RL in the afternoon. I have some anxiety about how the AP vote works, and my posting a PPP, getting comments, and then playing would certainly press the deadline.. Happy for someone else to finish, and the two of you will be active while I'm sleeping.

I will check in here in the morning.

I'll be around this evening to reply/comment. I guess you can play 4 turns till our next GP. (I will cross fingers)

Build globe in 6R is wasted beaker. We can whip it on the last turn. Or did you calculate that we can finish everything without slavery?

We have reported votes differently which makes it very hard to follow. On which turn did you get to choose who to vote on? Or timing is very unfortunate. It seems like we will win on turn 239. It seems like we should have done our homework and calculated that a spread on turn 216 was best for us. At least we have time to revolt to slavery and stuff.

I suggest spreading Christianity now as if we wait 4 turns it will push our victory vote back. Just make sure to abstain in the first election. It will also give us time to spread Christianity to IT.

Build globe in 6R is wasted beaker. We can whip it on the last turn. Or did you calculate that we can finish everything without slavery?

We have reported votes differently which makes it very hard to follow. On which turn did you get to choose who to vote on? Or timing is very unfortunate. It seems like we will win on turn 239. It seems like we should have done our homework and calculated that a spread on turn 216 was best for us. At least we have time to revolt to slavery and stuff.

I suggest spreading Christianity now as if we wait 4 turns it will push our victory vote back. Just make sure to abstain in the first election. It will also give us time to spread Christianity to IT.

Iirc I put the Globe back in the queue this turn, it's better to not put it though, you are right. I don't think we can 8 turn indus though. We got to vote on t220.

Don't think spreading turn 216 would have changed stuff? (still 9 turns of research, one turn of civic switch, one turn of queueing - might be shaved, one turn of whipping... all that before we can get the industrial park in TC)

Spreading by 216 would have saved us 3 turns on our victory and the game would end turn 236. I think that was just unclear to everyone. At the moment if we do not spread our next chance to win is on turn 244.

Spreading by 216 would have saved us 3 turns on our victory and the game would end turn 236. I think that was just unclear to everyone. At the moment if we do not spread our next chance to win is on turn 244.

Sorry about that folks. :(

Sorry about that folks. :(
No problem I did not take the time to calculate it either. I can finish this in about 4 hours and get us our turn 239 victory.

PPP:
CC: Cathedral
BB: Wall Street
6R: Globe Theatre
Bib: done
IT: Drydock, Heroic Epic, Corporation HQ (475)
TC: factory, Industrial Park
5W: West Point

TODO:
Spread Christianity to Munich.
Send one missionary to IT. Make sure we have enough votes for victory, if it is close send missionaries to Russia.
Get GM and send him to IT. Should arrive turn 132. If we do not get a GM save and upload. If we get a GM revolt to slavery and continue.
Whip Heroic epic turn 137.
Whip drydock turn 138.
Whip Globe Theatre turn 138.
Whip industrial part turn 138.
Chop forests in 5w on turn 137.
Whip west point on turn 138.
Cathedral and Wall Street we just finish with normal production.

I'm leaving this here for 1-2 hour to give a chance for people to find mistakes.

My stomach is hurting so much so I can't concentrate. Can you play the last turns Cactus Pete?

I can, but not for about 10 hours, so will be pushed by the deadline. If RRR wants to finish it sooner, that would be fine, if he'll just post his intentions.

Sorry you're feeling bad. These days anytime anyone is sick, I think COVID. Hope it's just something you ate.

I can, but not for about 10 hours, so will be pushed by the deadline. If RRR wants to finish it sooner, that would be fine, if he'll just post his intentions.

Sorry you're feeling bad. These days anytime anyone is sick, I think COVID. Hope it's just something you ate.

I can take the turns in like 3 hours if needed. Ofc I can post a short PPP :)

Top Bottom