[BTS] SGOTM 26 - Unusual Suspects

Turn Set Update: 7-10

Religions:
  • Hinduism founded T-9.
  • No Buddhism yet.
Scouting / AI:
  • Nothing good found in scouting.
  • No new rivals met.
  • Realized that Cahokia had a totem pole since turn 0. So, some map-maker assist is going on. (See above post).
  • I didn't look at our tech rate closely enough to determine if SB was gifted Myst, or the Totem pole was just added as a freebee.
  • Found SB's land. He's pretty close. He's going to be a tough one to attack early, with PRO, and early totem pole.
Cities:
  • Work boat just finished in capital. Recommend: 1-turn into WORK BOAT, to grow to size 2 then worker. Extra work boat can scout that island to the South, and we probably don't need a warrior for a little while.
  • Mysticism just teched. Recommend: Play start Monument in E (Vienne). Monument takes 10 turns. Worker doesn't have much useful to do before border pop anyway, and border pop is +2 GPT, so earlier is nice.
  • Recommend: Play test whether founding 1E of Wheat is better now, or after we get a few turns into AH.
Save:

Spoiler Screenshot :

upload_2020-5-29_23-10-37.png

Attachments

• upload_2020-5-29_23-9-35.png
    upload_2020-5-29_23-9-35.png
    6.1 MB · Views: 68
  • upload_2020-5-29_23-9-43.png
    upload_2020-5-29_23-9-43.png
    4.4 MB · Views: 83
good job! we should friend sb for a while... ob at least. he likes to beg, so it could cost.

Who is up next?
Zhary, kcd or DS - who has time?
I have more time for games now than over the last month; but still not enough. Maybe in a few weeks.

good job! we should friend sb for a while... ob at least. he likes to beg, so it could cost.
Definitely open borders with writing. We need to scout past his land and beyond.

:crickets:
I could execute a very detailed plan "whenever". But I should not be allowed to write the plan since I struggled on a recent warlords level BoTM. Civ6 thinking in a Civ4 game is very dangerous.

Tell me what to do, and I can (probably) do it without too many issues.

PPP:

[I did no new analysis of this.]

Turn 10 -
  • Start Monument in E.
  • Move work boat to improve seafood.
  • Have capital put 1- turn into WorkBoat.
  • Begin researching AH.
Turn 11-
  • Switch Capital to Worker.
  • Improve seafood, and begin using that tile.

Turns 12-20
  • Explore and run slider at 0% until AH can be researched.
Turn ?
  • Found city 1-E of Wheat with build order: Worker -> Monument. This delays AH, but should pay off well once the Wheat. Originally when the 2 furs were in the 1-st ring, this was a no-brainer, settle ASAP. I still tend to think settling earlier and getting the city going is more valuable than improving brown cows in the capital.

(Turn ?
  • Found city 1-E of Wheat with build order: Worker -> Monument. This delays AH, but should pay off well once the Wheat. Originally when the 2 furs were in the 1-st ring, this was a no-brainer, settle ASAP. I still tend to think settling earlier and getting the city going is more valuable than improving brown cows in the capital.)
This is kind of a big decision... I can't see value in having the settler standing there waiting.
Also, it sound like you see a conflict for the worker (that we don't have yet) in capitol and 1-east of wheat. Not sure what you are thinking?

My gut says to also settle 1-E of wheat now.

Not sure what you are thinking?
I just wanted to point out that settling a 3rd city now will delay Animal Husbandry, so the cow tile in the capital will be slower to get improved. [But I think it's a good trade anyway, since there are still 4 improvable tiles in the capital before the cow anyway.]

Ok - sounds like we all agree to settle 1-E of Wheat now, and start a worker there.

Anyone want to play the turns?

I can later tonight but I don't want to take over the whole thing.

Go for it, SD. I wouldn't be able to do it before tomorrow night (about 23 hours from now). Green.

T-10
  • Founded 1-E of Wheat, started worker.
T-11
  • Scouted Cahokia. ..........he doesn't have a monument..... he has a CASTLE. +25% :espionage: on a hill. His land looks like junk. His city is size one, and he's working a river plains.

T-12-20
  • Scouting, waiting for worker to be ready. Watching ESPIONAGE, SB may have met someone else - he is only putting +5 on us now, but was putting +6 on us earlier, so there's probably someone reachable to the East once we OB.
T-19
  • Got enough gold to start 100% towards AH - put 1 turn into AH. I still think AH -> Writing is a good option, since we don't have to build settlers, chopping is less useful quite this early.

T-20
  • (Oops, I missed Buddhism getting founded in 3720 BC) :(
  • Did not meet anyone.
  • Basically finished scouting with our settlers.
  • Worker ready in capital.

Scouting some very nice land to the NE, couple possible city spots.
Spoiler NW :

upload_2020-6-1_22-26-21.png

Save:
http://gotm.civfanatics.net/download.php?file=Unusual_Suspects_SG026_BC3200_01.CivBeyondSwordSave

Attachments

• upload_2020-6-1_22-13-30.png
    upload_2020-6-1_22-13-30.png
    3.1 MB · Views: 75
  • upload_2020-6-1_22-13-46.png
    upload_2020-6-1_22-13-46.png
    1.4 MB · Views: 76
  • upload_2020-6-1_22-23-17.png
    upload_2020-6-1_22-23-17.png
    1.6 MB · Views: 33
Last edited:
I don't have a strong opinion yet on where to go next. Seems like we just need to pound through some turns here, get the workers going, explore other islands with a spare WB or two, finish AH, and pick a tech path like mining / bw, wheel, writing, sailing.

I don't have a strong opinion yet on where to go next. Seems like we just need to pound through some turns here, get the workers going, explore other islands with a spare WB or two, finish AH, and pick a tech path like mining / bw, wheel, writing, sailing.
Well, we could just improvise. LOL... that is how I play in my own games. (Not recommended for anything other than mediocracy).

(Not recommended for anything other than mediocracy).
I made that mistake with the Ramses GOTM-193. Was like "Warlord..... sweet start.... I don't even need to think.... <an hour later>.... crap, I squandered that. I mean, it's completely winnable, sure, but ugh."

Top Bottom