SGOTM2 Germany - Team DGIT

Note I'm doing a writeup for the spoiler, and I'm going to say where I think we went wrong, no names mentioned, but we did make some mistakes in this game.

No hard feelings Smackster... you were right about pretty much everything that was posted. This thread is the reason why I won't play a game without a 24/72 turn around rule in affect...

Well I did actually enjoy this game, especially the last 10 turns last night. Nothing better than a sea invasion. It would be interesting to try it from the start of SK's last turn to see what we could do. In the end the AI was no match for our Knight force and kicking off the Japan / India war at the start of those turns, would be very interesting to see.

Another one is to start the game from the beginning of the MA, research to Chivalry at full speed, and see how quickly you can finish off England and Russia, and even France. I think you might be suprised how quickly they fall.

Smackster

I played from the start of the MA again, and got Chivalry 12 turns earlier, in 400AD, against 520AD in our real game. We also have 35 horses at that time, just we have a small cash problem, but then in this quick game I didn't build galleys or even do any trading as I just wanted to see how quickly we could have got it.

At this period in the real game, we launched more attacks with horses as we were still a long way from Chivalry, getting to Chivalry in 400AD there would have been no need to do that and we would surely have had better success with the attacks on England/France.

Smackster

Nice turns Smackster, a great finish to our game :D

I wish I could have contributed more, but at least we achieved victory in the end.

SK.

Top Bottom