SGOTM5 Russia - Results, Congratulations and Commiserations

mad-bax

Deity
GOTM Staff
SGOTM5 Russia - Results and Congratulations.

The Gold Laurel for fastest variant finish for a PTW game is awarded to:-

Team offa
offa
gozpel
grs
klarius
Northern Pike
WackenOpenAir

The Gold Laurel for fastest variant finish for a 1.29f game is awarded to:-

Team Ivan
AdrianE
conehead234
I. Larkin
King Alexander
Tomoyo

The unfortunate recipients of The Wooden Spoon for the lowest Jason score are:-

Team Tone
Kaiser Berger
Detlef Richter
marconos
mauer
Taliesin
Tone

Unlucky guys :salute: (They ended the game with just two players, KB and Tone).

Please join me in congratulating everyone who participated in a series of great games.

Go Team Ivan, I didn't expect that we would get an award. Congratulations to all. :bounce: :banana:

You have quite a collection conehead. I might have to do something about that. :mischief:

Surprise, suprise! I also didn't expect us(Team Ivan) to get an award, but I probably forgot about the separate 1.29f award!

Good play Team Ivan and Team Offa :goodjob: :beer: :dance: :clap:

:eek: We got fastest??

Nice job! Good job Team Offa, too! [party] :dance: :clap: :goodjob: :beer: :D

I liked how our game flow.
Thanks to M-B for pleasure and award.
Ivan.

mad-bax said:
You have quite a collection conehead. I might have to do something about that. :mischief:
Conehead is very talanted battlefield commander and military planer.
Thats a pity that we lost Kunnigas, who was even brighter.
I learned a lot from them at SGOTM1.
Ivan

Well done everyone. Warm congratulations to all who did a better job than we did of building a second core early.

Xteam didn't do too well, but we had some fun, and we did make it to a conquest victory in the end. Our game ended in the Modern era with tanks and killer bombers and artillery facing mech infantry though, instead of knights and cossacks and a cozy medieval romp. Plus a surgical strike on France and the UN. :rolleyes: Thanks, Xteam.

AlanH said:
Well done everyone. Warm congratulations to all who did a better job than we did of building a second core early.

Xteam didn't do too well, but we had some fun, and we did make it to a conquest victory in the end. Our game ended in the Modern era with tanks and killer bombers and artillery facing mech infantry though, instead of knights and cossacks and a cozy medieval romp. Plus a surgical strike on France and the UN. :rolleyes: Thanks, Xteam.
I have to say that I truely enjoyed reading Xteam's planning on how to avoid the UN getting built. It was a lot of fun.

Congratulations to all of you (especially the winners). It was a fun game.

The standings really show a difference between PTW and Civ1.29. The Civ 1.29 best date was the PTW worst date!!!! That really highlights the differences in versions for me. Either that or those of us who play civ1.29 are really bad at the game!

It was an interesting game. Thanks M-B.

@AdrianE,
No, there werre two PTW teams with worse dates then all of the 1.29 teams. I think it must be the skills of the teams.

I think it might be the fact that most dedicated players have gotten PTW now, leaving the newbies with vanilla. ;) :mischief:

... as in in 'Politically Correct'? :hmm: Go on ... spoil yourself! Think Different!

BTW. Have a look at the results pages. You may find there's a new menu option for game statistics :mischief:

Offa said:
Hardly newbies. The dreadful truth about the many of the vanilla crew is much worse: many of them are just not PC.
*sigh* I really need to use a sarcastic smilie, since the ;) and the :mischief: don't seem to be getting the point through.

does seems to convey the right kind of sarcasm.

:rolleyes: is too harsh

What we need is a kidding smilie that isn't as obvious or large as the :joke: smilie...

I need to express myself better in words than with smilies... :(

AlanH BTW. Have a look at the results pages. You may find there's a new menu option for game statistics :mischief:[/QUOTE said:
Very interesting, only half the vanilla players are Mac users. They really are a bit of an endangered species. The other vanilla players are making a surprising choice, given the relatively low price of c3c/PTW. I see that not everyone is playing the latest PTW patch either.

I really like the fact that civ plays on Macs, allowing us muggles to compete against our more zany counterparts in the otherwise hidden world of Macdom.
The lack of a mac version of c3c rather detracts from cotm for me.

No one's told me yet why I ought to be feeling upset about not having C3C, apart from the obvious fact that I'd be able to fail to enter two competitions per month instead of just one :rolleyes:

...you'd be able to replay old COTMs?

I'd like to note that, although I have C3C, for SGOTM6, I'm playing on a vanilla team - Xteam, just because I've played with some of them before.

Top Bottom