Shall we ratify the following as Sections D and E of the Code of Standards?

• YES

Votes: 15 78.9%
  • NO

Votes: 3 15.8%
  • ABSTAIN

Votes: 1 5.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Cyc

Looking for the door...

Code:
D.  Turn Chat Procedures 
  1.  The Designated Player (see Chain of Command) should be in the chat room at 
      least 10 minutes before the scheduled time and begin play at the specified 
      start time.  The Designated Player may conduct any prepatory activities 
      that can be immediately undone without reloading the save, at any time 
      prior to the start of the turn chat, even offline.
      a.  The primary chat room shall be #Turnchat on irc.irc-chat.net.
  2.  If the Designated Player has not shown up 10 minutes after the scheduled 
      start of the turn chat, a new Designated Player shall be chosen from the
      officials present following the Chain of Command. If none are present, then
       the Chat is cancelled.
  3.  The Designated Player shall upload a save of the game after turn 0, every 5 
      turns after that, and a final save at the conclusion of the chat. 
  4.  If the Designated Player voluntarily relinquishes control, they shall post a 
      current save of the game in the TCIT.  The next person in the COC attending 
      the chat shall download this save and resume playing the game with that save.
  5.  If the Designated Player disappears and has not reappeared within 10 minutes, 
      the next person attending the chat on the COC shall become the Designated 
      Player using the most recently uploaded save game. 
  6.  If a game has to be used that is not current, then the moves from the chat log 
      must be duplicated. 
  7.  Once a player has started playing the save, they are the Designated Player for
      that turn chat and shall not be required to relinquish play to a late 
      arriving/returning, but higher ranked official.
   8. The maximum number of turns to be played per Turn Chat will be 10. 
      a.  A valid and binding Forum Poll may extend the number of turns to be 
           played, on a per-chat basis
      b.  Under extenuating circumstances the chat may be extended by the DP for up to 
           3 turns.  No other approval is need for the DP to extend the Turn Chat if the 
           allowable conditions are met. The
           reasons a chat may be extended are:
          * to allow research to complete so that next options can be discussed
          * to allow a specific wonder or production to complete, so its affects can be 
            determined
          * to complete a military action, so that peace terms can be discussed, or 
             follow on action planned
          * to allow a period of anarchy to complete, so the government change can be 
             assessed

E.  Turn Chat Rules 
  1.  Only citizens of the Democracy game shall be voiced. 
  2.  Citizens are encouraged to provide constructive advice & positively contribute 
      to the chat.
  3.  Spaming, lobbying, repetitive questions and any other unnecessary traffic in the 
      chat is forbidden. 
  4.  Clones are not allowed! 
  5.  Violations of the chat rules shall result in the offender being de-voiced. 
  6.  The chat operators hold the right to de-voice all non-officials if the chat gets too 
      confusing or is disturbed by someone permanently. The Designated Player 
      makes this decision. 
  7.  De-voicing actions shall be investigated by the Judiciary. 
  8.  During turn chats, #Demogame is still open for totally free discussions. 
      Departments or special interest groups can also open private discussion rooms. 
  9.  The Designated Player retains the right to end the chat turn at their discretion. 
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Relevant discussion can be found right here.

Please vote
YES, NO, or ABSTAIN

This poll will remain open for 4 days or until the start of the first official Turn Chat not involving Creation Day, yet to be scheduled by President Rik Meleet or his agent.

You may want to change #demogame to #turnchat since I just found out today that Eyrei and DZ has created that for the Turn chats.

BTW, I voted Yes

Thank you, CG, but D.1.a states - The primary chat room shall be #Turnchat on irc.irc-chat.net.

Where E.8 states - During turn chats, #Demogame is still open for totally free discussions. This implies that conversations that are not directly related to the playing of the Demogame save may take place in the #Demogame room which is available for that.

BTW, I voted YES, also. We need to get this legislation passed as quickly as possible.

Originally posted by Cyc
Thank you, CG, but D.1.a states - The primary chat room shall be #Turnchat on irc.irc-chat.net.

Where E.8 states - During turn chats, #Demogame is still open for totally free discussions. This implies that conversations that are not directly related to the playing of the Demogame save may take place in the #Demogame room which is available for that.

BTW, I voted YES, also. We need to get this legislation passed as quickly as possible.

Thanks for clarifying that Cyc (I must be getting sleepy about now ;) ). I also hope that the #demogame can also be like a Training Center or a help center for any newbie in the DG. Perfict if the Newbie citizen is lost in the main #turnchat room. He/she can seek help there where the vets of the DG can help the Newbie.

I noticed a small technical glitch in the wording of 3. Saves should be taken at the conclusion of actions for the given turn, prior to pressing enter. As written it could be interpreted to mean the save should be taken after enter, at the beginning of the next turn.

Voted yes anyway. It will be easy enough to fix if it causes a problem.

Yes, I agrre DS. The wording is a little vague AND it will be easy to fix this problem later. As we all know what it means, there's no real danger of it being misinterpreted.

This section has been ratified.

-- Ravensfire

Top Bottom