Should I raze or keep city?

gunitinug

Chieftain

hi guys. i am in the progress of a successful chariot rush. the city captured revolts in 3 turns and placing governor won't stop it from turning over. there are worrisome enemy archers nearby. should i raze or keep city? :sniper:

Moderator Action: Tidied up thread title --NZ

Last edited by a moderator:
Personally I would raze it. You can always re-settle the space later on if you wish, and in the meanwhile it would only be a drag on your amenities and military resources. It's not a super valuable city as is any way. Especially if you go wide with conquering and/or settling your own cities, which you get to choose the placement of.

The city you want for now is Rio anyway.

If you had a builder present then making mines and leaving so you can get the benefit of pillage later would be an option, as it letting it go and stepping away. It will be 1 pop when Brazil take it and will slow Brazil down/damage them. A 1 pop city is also not a lot of loyalty pressure and it will be 1 pop when Brazil take it.
Razing the city Will give you horrible grievances you do not want as well as a bad diplomatic modification You can never get rid of (if you care about such things). These grievances will lower your loyalty taking other cities of their so I suggest do not.

Taking the larger cities and leaving the smaller to flip is an advanced option but requires speed and power. You have a pure chariot army so his archers and spear are difficulties for you that a combined army or a horseman army would not have.. and the Mongols did fight on foot when the need arose.

given there situation and terrain, I would step back, let them come to you in the open to reduce their numbers before taking cities in the rough with chariots. Chariot rush it not often a viable action, with mongols possibly but dense terrain is glue to them.

I usually keep Cities I conquer so I would definitely keep it, let it revolt and retake it later. I only raze Cities if they are too close to each other.

I would rushbuy a builder, improve tiles, then wait for it to flip and then pillage the next turn as Victoria suggested. You can repeat for as long as you like, it is essentially the return of the Civ 5 pillage-repair mechanic. Another option is to chop two jungles, place a governor and buy a monument, then place a city of yours right next to it, in the hope of keeping the city in the long run.

I would keep it and let it flip. After you take Rio it will flip back to you and you'll get 2 Era Score. Plus it will probably generate a Builder you can scoop up.

Top Bottom