Sid All Wonders

Mewtarthio

Emperor
There's plenty of legends about insanely good warriors who play Always War One City and conquer the world from a tundra island, but what about the insanely good builders? The primary rule to go anywhere beyond Cheiftain is, it seems, "Don't tie up your cities with too many wonders; they're not really that necessary, and you can always capture them later (except TOE)" Are there any stories of players at the highest difficulty level who manage to succesfully build (note the word "build," not "capture") every Wonder, Great and Small, before the game ends?

I think that's because it's a hell of a lot easier to conquer the world then to build ever wonder...

It's impossible. At that level, the AI discounts would make it completely, utterly impossible. Even at a lower level, say Monarch or so, it would probably be impossible. I think I might have done it on Cheiftan once though, as if that counts for anything.

shady milkman said:
I think I might have done it on Cheiftan once though, as if that counts for anything.

On Chieftain it is more than possible. I remember building each and every wonder, and going on a war path whenever someone beat me to one :yeah:

I think I built nearly every Wonder in Monarch several times, but it was a long time ago back when I used to take part in GOTM and was playing religiously .... I think it was pre-Conq and pre-PTW, back in the first iteration of Civ3. I think I let the comp build the Pyramids usually because I didn't really value it; at that stage, with few happiness improvements available, I was struggling to keep my cities from growing too fast (and going into revolt). I made sure I got all other Wonders.

There are too many wonders now in Conq, however, and I stopped playing for a long time so am too rusty ...

Monarch on CivIII is the highest I ever tried to build all wonders and that was a snap. I would think it would be hard on C3C as you have more and you need Ivory.

I am very very dubious any all wonders at Sid. Most AA wonders are announce before I even have the tech. I have never managed more than three AA wonders at Sid and one was only because no one had Ivory near their start.

IA wonders are even harder as again you will not have the tech first and they pay about half the shields for them. I admit, I do not make much of an effort to get them hand built.

Pentium said:
Here is sanabas' Sid 20k game with lots of wonders.
Thanks Pentium. That was a great read :)

-Pacifist-
"Warring is lame. Building is my game." :)

See the link on my sig. I had too much thing to do to build wonders! I think I lost 5 wonders (but built about 5 too with SGL)

Impossible unless you disable conquest and play with no AIs.

Yes. Every civ except for yours. Haven't tested it though, but works in theory.

Well if Sid AGW (All Great Wonders) is impossible, what is the highest level AGW is possible on?

So a challenge goes forth to all the CivMAsters, who can get the Highest Difficulty AGW game?

Monarch in vanilla, I have done. Not tried it on C3C and would expect it to be very hard on C3C even at Monarch. Mainly due to requiring ivory and the extra wonders available in AA and first tiers of IA.

Could be done on Emperor with a some luck on SGL's. Surely could be done in vanilla or PTW because leaders can rush them. After that I would think you need to rig things a bit. Speaking of standard maps with 8 civs only.

Top Bottom