Sid Game Progress Sharing?

Im trying to challenge myself in Monarch by AW Crowded Games with Egypt( a very peaceful civ).

Haha! This is funny, don't know if it's good or bad, I'll wait to decide. Here is the Persian city building the UN (not too far from the core).

Hmm... pic won't upload. Anyway, the cities borders weren't touching any of the main territories. It's good because I know the Maya have been in a lot of wars, so if they get the UN they definately won't hold an election. Persia, might, I don't know. But to take it from Persia would be easier. And the vote could always be inconclusive.

Own--I think I'm ready to attempt Sid but I wonder about the time required to pull this off? Maybe with dromons or Dutch again.

Two nights ago I just finished a deity SP win in 1295. Dutch on a arch map alone on an island.
The Good
--Alone meant total farmers gambit.
--The Americans pounded the Egyptians on the island east of mine and left one city with ivory which I opportunistically scooped up. Luxs were huge.
-- I had a nice tech lead very early game with the Americans and Babs slightly trailing.
--1st to republic
--Wiped out the Babs and started my GA on the same island as the Americans and their culture threat.
--Wiped the Americans off the island and their coal. I then had two big islands.
--Took out the Mongols that sent droves of AA units at me but rifles were just too much for horses. My 3rd smallish island.
Lots and lots of gpt allowed me to gain further distance as the tech leader.
Bad
With at least 50 elite wins I didn't get a miltary leader till cavs when I took on the Zulus using the "bikini babe trick" to its finest. They still had too many units and I was spread way too thin with an AW type of environment at that point. So I took 3 cities on their main island and their 3 little islands.
--I screwed up the Hoovers pre-build because I didn't have the Mil. Acad to pre-build with and Smith's was built underneath me.
--The Arabs wiped out the Ottos when I was headed in that direction(gems). Later they declared on me but I was only able to take a small island. They had infantry when I approached their island. I also underestimated their naval capabilities.
Ugly
It took 59 hours but I think some of that time was throwing the ball with the puppy. :D

I can try and post some pics if you want.

Whomper- If you want to beat sid, I have found that 60% arch standard as either the eng, byz, or dutch is great. I am still keeping up with the mediocre civs and I'm in the IA without the GL. The trick is the first two builds in your capital are two curraghs. If you see another island, go to it. Island hop as much as you can, out with the old, in with the new. Use CrpMapStat for trade watching.

I am now going for diplo, by capturing the UN. My hope is nobody will have all the resources needed for the SS. Slim chance the Maya, a runaway civ, won't have those, but I can always start a war and disconnect them, as I have a core about the size of India in 7+1, and will be facing an opponent about as strong.

Good luck Lil' Grasshoppah!

Yeah that's how I got such a huge tech lead was the curraghs.

I think you've motivated me to make a Sid attempt....stay tuned, same place, same station. :)

:rotfl: [party] :band: :dance: :bounce: You will never beleive what happened. The majority of my opponents are in the MA. I realized none of them had sanitation, so I researched it and got a monopoly! I made good use of it, and now have gone from only knowing steam and medicine to RP and the corporation. Even though it's a cheap tech, monopoly value makes it skyrocket in price value. I also have two rubber in my small terriotry, which is humorous. I'm start hospitals, will rush them with all my earned cash, and up next is stock exchanges. Then factories (maybe coal/hyrdro plants), then taking Chichen Itza (UN city).

Own said:
:rotfl: [party] :band: :dance: :bounce: You will never beleive what happened. The majority of my opponents are in the MA. I realized none of them had sanitation, so I researched it and got a monopoly! I made good use of it, and now have gone from only knowing steam and medicine to RP and the corporation. Even though it's a cheap tech, monopoly value makes it skyrocket in price value. I also have two rubber in my small terriotry, which is humorous. I'm start hospitals, will rush them with all my earned cash, and up next is stock exchanges. Then factories (maybe coal/hyrdro plants), then taking Chichen Itza (UN city).

Buddy, are you going to steal or self research then? If steal, you'd better switch to communism and bulid KGB, for veteran spy. But your size looks so small, only 9 cities? ...

@Own
I hope you payed tribute to the rng gods.
This game could be over in 1 turn.
Do you have RoP and pay gpt to mayan´s?

@Whomp
Are you interrested in a sid SG? Own, bigfoot and me are looking for a team...

@Own: You know.. if you placed a city N,NE of Groaning again, you would gain 2 extra wines you could sell away..

nerovats said:
@Whomp
Are you interrested in a sid SG? Own, bigfoot and me are looking for a team...
:hmm: How soon? I am experiencing heavy IA and MA SG's turns right now and seem to be in utter feast mode all the time. I would be interested if you sock me in at the back end and I think some of my teammates in Com2 might be interested as well.

BTW we (Com2) made quite a comeback from a deathly start for anyone who wants to take a peek and see if some others want to join. ;)

I'd like to play in that team too, especially if Whomp is there too.

My last Sid attempt: Byz, Huge 80% archipleago.

I was saving money to steal Electicity, when Americans with 200k+ culture and 5 SS parts got 20k in Washington. :mad:

The MA-crisis killed me, I was the first out of the AA, but then Abe pulled ahead and I couldn't catch him even with help from Arabs (untill they escaped me too) and forcing him in Fascism with MA's.

Yay Pentium!! I think we'd have a team with the five of us.
Who can start a thread? I'm at work and can't post anything for a few hours.

Would New Frontier be a good name?

Out beyond the new frontier
Playing Civ without mercy, without fear
Create a beast, made a man without a soul
Is it worth the risk - a war of Sid and man?

Original lyrics

Edit: What civ will we be? I vote for Byzantines. Standard Arch 60% is good for me. No barbs, normal/normal/old.

Top Bottom