Sid Meier's Civilization: A New Dawn

DJ_Tanner

Emperor
New Civ board game coming out Q4 of this year (along with some other big names) from Fantasy Flight Games.

https://www.fantasyflightgames.com/en/news/2017/8/14/a-new-age-dawns/

For anyone unfamiliar FFG produces some really high quality games (they also make the XCOM board game). They will likely drop another blurb or two about the game/mechanics before it releases.

And now those that refuse to use Steam have a Civ option.

Hm, I liked their earlier one; this one does have a hex grid which is nice, and leaders from Civ VI. Oddly it looks like you can populate the world by *placing* natural wonders, etc? Or did I squint at the cards wrong? (would be nice if we could get a close up)

Sounds like you spend them someway, Roosevelt seems to be built around it. They will certainly do some more looks to break down the major mechanisms leading to the release.

I think there are two or three expansions for the current version, which has a strange blend of Civ 4 and 5 imagery. Methinks a new forum could be opened for the Fantasy Flight boardgames...

I think the newer one uses more Civ VI graphics--the previous Civ FFG board game used graphics from V and Civ: Revolution (notably in the Cleopatra, Julius Caesar, Montezuma, and Catherine art).

Putting in short-term Scythe-like objectives is a bit of a game-changer that solves the age-old 4X tedium of losing interest once you've gained steam. There were some elements of the last FFG game that made it into Civ 6, so this might be an interesting time capsule for what Civ 7 or even a Civ 6 expansion has in store.

Top Bottom