Sid Meier's Civilization: Beyond Earth

I love this announcement. I'm especially glad that they've managed to capture the spirit of SMAC without being handicapped by intellectual property right concerns.

They mentioned that an updated unit workshop will be part of the game. I'm really looking forward to learning more about this.

Hell yeah.

This is looking good, the trailer is superb.

Hoping to get some good oold smac(x) vibes.

Playing Civ 5 and BE will be a super good time spender.

I have returned to the forums for the first time in 3 months to say that "I, El Caballerion, approve this message."

Very pleased with the announcement! Have some concerns over the ATI/ Mantle focus though.

Oh it's Outpost! So much for my plan to remake that game, and put it on Steam as freeware.

That big 18 on the cover... Will this also be an eroge? That would be awesome.

Well, regarding the Factions: the text seen in one of the spaceships at 28 seconds in "dibu-tirin taxan ayaa bilaabmay" is according to Google Translate "The re-count series started"...in Somali. Let the speculations begin!

Link to video.

Well, regarding the Factions: the text seen in one of the spaceships at 28 seconds in "dibu-tirin taxan ayaa bilaabmay" is according to Google Translate "The re-count series started"...in Somali. Let the speculations begin!

Link to video.

Maybe there will be a pirate faction then...

I saw small mistake they made in trailer. Why did in the part where he puts those plants in Plantae section, there is a section right next to him that says ''Legumes''? Legumes are seed or the plant itself from Leguminosae (Fabaceae) plant family. Why would they get a separate section from Plantae when it is the Kingdom they belong to? But it happens, I suppose...

I saw small mistake they made in trailer. Why did in the part where he puts those plants in Plantae section, there is a section right next to him that says ''Legumes''? Legumes are seed or the plant itself from Leguminosae (Fabaceae) plant family. Why would they get a separate section from Plantae when it is the Kingdom they belong to? But it happens, I suppose...

Think they just wanted to give a general image of cenversation of the plantlife.

In the French section ? "Légume" means vegetable, so it was correct.

Link to video.

One article said there are different fictional factions loosely based on modern powers. There is apparently an American Corporation and a Panasian Collective. It wouldn't surprise me if there is one loosely based on the African Union.

Unfortunately BE probably won't have multiplayer :( [no info about that but I doubt it since in the beginning there is only one colony]

...right?

Also, somebody should asking Firaxis whether they will make this game flexible - to - modding

As posted www.civilization.com CBE will have 8 player MP. Though none of the interviews/articles talk at all about how this works. Which leads me to believe that they were told not to ask, because traditionally MP is one of the last things to be developed, with the exception of when Soren Johnson made Civ4...

CS

So, how much do you want to bet that a lot of this stuff will be "ported" to Civ VI, once that comes out?

There really is nothing wrong with most of Civ5 engine, well other than the MP code needing a complete rewrite, So really Civ6 could just be an improved Civ5 engine, it's the game mechanics that need redone not the graphics engine.

CS

There really is nothing wrong with most of Civ5 engine, well other than the MP code needing a complete rewrite, So really Civ6 could just be an improved Civ5 engine, it's the game mechanics that need redone not the graphics engine.
CS

I thought Civ5 AI problems were due to its engine.

I'm excited, but I'm very worried about this "always the first to arrive" thing. For a true feeling of being different every time, and having interesting exploration, surely it would be best to occasionally arrive later than others.

Top Bottom