SID on pangaea

sure...let's finish it

With Leonardo W we may upgrade the rest to Arty, and then connect/disconect Saltpeter.

Who will be up?

Looking forward to seeing you guys finish this

Plarq, I would say yes, this one is "winning". It can be lost, Persia declares and runs through scores of empty towns. I have seen the AI do that a few times. I cannot recall the exact values, but it was something like 34 cites for Persia and 138 for Gilgamesh. Persia had about 300 offensive units and about 12-14 cites smack in the middle of Sumerian land.

From that position they could take down 80-100 empty towns in one turn. I played out the game till I removed all civs other Persia from the mainland. I did not go past that as it would have been a real tussle. Persia has 160-170 units in or near Sumer towns two really big stacks of Mechs and tanks. Mongols and China ae on the one large island.

I had gotten up to 170 some towns and Persia 38. They had far more units, though I had 34 armies, mostly tanks/MA. Still scores of empty or near empty town on both sides. It was more work than I want to do, especially with so many workers to deal with. Nukes were soon going to be in the mix.

IOW the game could still be lost, if they sneak attack, maybe even if the are attacked. You just cannot take them down without huge loses. Fortified mechs are
even hard to kill with a tank army. MA often will die doing little or no damage. It was many months ago, but I think my numbers are very close to correct.

Top Bottom