Simple Mod

Anzac55

Chieftain
Playing vanilla version of BTS

I want the game map bigger than than huge. Also the game to be even slower than marathon. Maps seem to crowded for me. Game techs seem to happen way to fast.

How can this be done simply? Is there a mod that doesnt change everything else? Maybe at best balance the AI?

Cheers

Moderator Action: Moved to Mods Forum. Best o' Luck - lymond

Last edited by a moderator:
Pretty sure there are some modpacks that enable slower speeds and larger maps. Just not sure which ones. Not sure if there are mod components that do what you need.

You might try Realism Invictus

Playing vanilla version of BTS

I want the game map bigger than than huge. Also the game to be even slower than marathon. Maps seem to crowded for me. Game techs seem to happen way to fast.

How can this be done simply? Is there a mod that doesnt change everything else? Maybe at best balance the AI?

Cheers

Moderator Action: Moved to Mods Forum. Best o' Luck - lymond

I made this one for larger maps/more civs. though iirc it doesnt have slower speeds.

https://forums.civfanatics.com/resources/34-civ-gamecore-with-extra-map-sizes.23598/

Edit: Regarding the gamespeed: you can copy the CIV4GameSpeedInfo.xml from ...Civilization IV...\Beyond the Sword\Assets\XML\GameInfo into the GameInfo folder in the above mod and then change the values in all the GameTurnInfo tags for Marathon.
The MonthIncrement should be halved, and the TurnsPerIncr should be doubled.

<GameTurnInfo>
<iMonthIncrement>180</iMonthIncrement>
<iTurnsPerIncrement>100</iTurnsPerIncrement>
</GameTurnInfo>

There are a few other values that should be adjusted, but compare the different speeds to each other to get an estimated new value.

Last edited:
Thanks again. How to I slow research down?

I am also having problems with culture. Cities are maxing their culture out straight away.

Top Bottom