Simultaneous turns in MP > Disadvantage for lower hardware?

andreasrau

Chieftain
Hi guys,

You know the situation in a fight: Your range unit is low, so is your opponents unit - who attacks first will survive, the other one goes down... So what most people do is mouse spamming - I heard... I do that, too. But it doesnt work out for me.

I played the one and another multiplayer Civ6 game and I experienced some severe problems when fighting against other human players. In the beginning of the round other players are always faster than me starting to attack, running away or building a city - its so decisive in so many situations that you can do that first move.
Well, the others are always faster than me :( That sucks hard and multiplaying is almost not possible like that... Its a huge disadvantage!!

Is it just my "old" laptop? (IntelCore7 2,2GH; GTX760M; 8GB DDR3 RAM; SSD; details ulow, resolution 1600x... - the game itself works just fine..)
Inet connection: cable 50MB/s

Does anybody else got an idea or experiences the same problems?!?!

Replies welcome ;)

Last edited:
"In the beginning of the round other players are always faster than me starting to attack"
If u start attacking at the beginning of the round u are doing it wrong
The way the civ networkstack works it that u can give comand's in Turn transition that wil go of first
Giving comands in turn transition in strategic view is the fastest way to get first move

I`ll try that with the stategic view! But I don`t really understand what you mean with "turn transition". Do you mean that i can give commands to my units when there is still the sign blinking: "Please wait"? That would be awesome. I`ll try that out, too.
Thx a lot for your reply!

"Do you mean that i can give commands to my units when there is still the sign blinking: "Please wait""

Jes thats how it works, if done correctly most of them go off

Well I tried. Didnt work...

Left click own unit > right click enemy unit.

That´s how it should work? Is that what you do? And that doing with various unit?

Left click own unit > hottkey for attack > right click enemy unit.
But with players that have a way better conection to host or are the host that won't work

Didn´t work out for me... maybe I´m too dump?!?! I don´t know. I´ll try to watch a MP video. That might help ;)
thx anyway

Top Bottom