1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

SiSi 002 - Cuddle with Bullies

Discussion in 'Civ4 - Succession Games' started by Simple Simon, Dec 7, 2007.

1. Simple Simon

Simple Simon Simpleton

off we go:

I handpicked all agg AI, then added those I dislike (HRE, e.g.). Nap must be there, too. Also, I checked the aggressive AI box. Sea level is high, and to allow proper pileups I selected pangaea. Monarch level, too, so that it will be a bit hairy in the beginning.

2. Simple Simon

Simple Simon Simpleton

When I saw the start I was tempted to re-roll.....

3. Mighty Dwaarf

Mighty Dwaarf Ginger Beast

Why re roll that?? Grassland, Hills, Food, Happiness, Commerce, what more do we want, I would maybe be tempted to move 1W onto the hill, better defense and probs more land tiles to work.

4. Mighty Dwaarf

Im going to build and use one now just for the $10!!

5. Quotey

Quotey Emperor

Oh joy, we're probably at a chokepoint. Monarch, Agg AI, Aggresive Leaders, and Protective ones. This will be... :/

Keep this start :p

It looks like an awful weird map though.

e: Dwarf, shhhhh

6. Simple Simon

Simple Simon Simpleton

I couldn't sleep last night, so I thought about this start a bit. I think it is potentially a lot worse than most of you realized.

- this is most likely not a choke, but rather land's end. I moved the warrior east, it find s grass and a deserty looking tile shows from the fog behind it.
    - we are unlikely to be able to move the settler! Remember that this is an even tighter map than the last. It is highly probably that the 21s of our capital and at least one AI overlap.
    - we are production poor
    - therefore, we will have to fight our way west.
    - our chances for horses, copper and iron are rather slim. I hope one of the metals is present on the hill to the west.

Tech path: we need fishing (3 WBs - start tech), sailing (WB protection), mining (start tech), wheel, war resources techs (BW, IW, AH), a culture resource (writing [lib], OB would be handy, too). If culturally pressed we will need a monument (Myst). After that? I would beeline for construction! AIs without copper/iron will have +/- 6 Archers in their towns. At least! I would not want to attack that at ~40% culture and up without cats.

Anyone opposed? If not I'll play soon.

7. TheLastOne36

TheLastOne36 Deity

Settle in place. Anyone heard of whipping units?

Why sailing though? i understand maybe Moai Statues would help alot, but Barbarian Galleys aren't going to be a bother till some time later... I say ounce we finish AH, BW and IW we do sailing for Moai.

8. Simple Simon

Simple Simon Simpleton

Yup, I lately tend to over-whip :lol:

I was not saying that we need them in that order exactly. When do barb galleys appear at the earliest?

9. Simple Simon

Simple Simon Simpleton

I settle in place, as I fear cultural pressure later on. Right away a border is visible – should be Augustus. He’s a good neighbour :)

Research: BW, in in 17. WB ordered, I use a clams tile. I’ll whip the WBs anyways, so the added research is more to my liking than the hammers.

Sury is to the south – the two of them seem to box us in. Moving the warrior east now is punished: I will not be able to skirt around Augustus before his borders pop.

Augustus soon puts culture pressure on us. There is a second hill WNW, so our prod will be tolerable, and the metal chances are higher.

BW is in and there is no copper. BLEH! I revolt and am tempted to go for the wheel now (hook up gold), but choose IW instead. We need to know if we have iron. Also, a worker will take some time to build as there are three WBs to rush first.

Handing off: WBs are done, use barracks for growing the town, whip worker in between. We will not have anything useful to build for some time unless we find iron – I suggest warriors for mil happiness later on.

Please play 40 turns in peacetime!

Simple Simon
    Mighty Dwaarf --> up, please play 40 turns

50_dollar_bag --> on deck
    TheLastOne36
    Quotey

10. Simple Simon

Simple Simon Simpleton

thoughts: let's just hope nobody takes an early dislike to us :lol:

A lib soon will help with culture and research. Also, down on our knees and pray for iron.

11. Quotey

Quotey Emperor

Sury is Creative. Augustus is.... Imp/Org? Buggery, they need to die. Are archer rushes viable on Monarch? :D

12. TheLastOne36

TheLastOne36 Deity

Nope. AI starts with 3(or 2?) archers on monarch. If this was Prince though....

How bout Warrior spam? :D :lol: :joke:

13. Simple Simon

Simple Simon Simpleton

they must have at least two archers, as the exploring units I saw on turn 1 and 2 were both archers!

14. Mighty Dwaarf

Simon no save attached??

15. Simple Simon

Simple Simon Simpleton

ugh!

coming!

Attached Files:

16. Mighty Dwaarf

Ok got it now, 40 turns done by tomorrow night.

17. Mighty Dwaarf

First things first we got Iron :D

Bit of juggling around with builds we have worker by turn 15.

Finished Barracks and also an archer and a sword (2nd sword 1 turn away), I avoid whipping to allow the whip unhappiness to subside. It has done now so next person can whip away.

Techs we have IW, Hunt, Arch, Pott and Writing. I went for Archery for archers defence, and then for Writing for OB to explore some more.

Apart from that just pressed enter a lot!!

http://forums.civfanatics.com/uploads/105209/Simple_Simon_BC-2000

18. TheLastOne36

TheLastOne36 Deity

I see Shaka's borders behind Augustas... :(

19. Simple Simon

Simple Simon Simpleton

Simple Simon
    Mighty Dwaarf
    50_dollar_bag--> up, please play 40 turns
    TheLastOne36 --> on deck
    Quotey

20. 50_dollar_bag

50_dollar_bag Imitation Louis Vuitton

I can't download Mighty Dwaarf's save. Might be best if TheLastOne36 takes it instead of me as I'll be away from internet access for the next couple of days.

May as well skip me 'til Monday if you want to keep things moving swiftly. Save me some heads to bash though. :hammer: